Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Patch Notes from 2003-03-18
Patch Notes from 2003-03-18
We are releasing a client patch today, on Tuesday, March 18th CST, which contains the following changes:
2D clients only
- Macro creation combo boxes will no longer display "clumsy" when no value has yet been selected.
3D clients only
- A crash related to resizing the chat interface was repaired.
- An improvement to chat scrolling was implemented.
- Targeting pets’ status bars will execute the target function instead of going into edit mode in the text area.
- The scrollbar in the skill list should behave better when opening/closing skill groups.
Both 2D and 3D clients
- Item property requests are now sent in smaller batches, which will help resolve some perceived "lag" when entering areas with lots of objects. This also means, however, that some objects may not immediately have visible item properties—although this should not generally be noticeable.
- Networking fixes/buffer improvements to prevent blackholing*, unintended behavior, and crashes.
- The game client should no longer close when encountering errors while playing intro movies.
- Updated localization files.
- * We are continuing our efforts to remove blackholing from UO. If you believe you may be blackholed while logging in, please restart your game client and log in again.
The current version should now be 4.0.0e for both the 2D and 3D clients.
If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- If you are unable to connect to the patch server at all, and are using an original (Non-T2A) version of Ultima Online, you may need to update your verinfo file. For details on updating this file, please see the information posted at http://support.uo.com/tech_6.html.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.