Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Patch Notes from 2002-04-18
Patch Notes from 2002-04-18
We are currently planning to release a client patch on Wednesday, April 10th, at around 2:00pm Central Time—however, please keep in mind that this date/time may change.
Special note for UO: Third Dawn 3D game client users: This patch is especially notable in that it will be fairly large for users of Third Dawn’s 3D client, at around 4MB. Such users in particular will need to keep in mind that if they log out or get disconnected after this large patch goes live, they may end up needing to spend a considerable amount of time (depending on their Internet connection speed) patching upon their next attempt to log into UO before they can re-enter the game.
We recommend that, when this patch goes live, all players find a safe place to log out, download the patch, and then log back in to continue playing.
(All other game clients, including the UO: Lord Blackthorn’s Revenge’s 3D game client, will have a patch of only 660k or smaller.)
This patch will contain the following changes:
Both 2D and 3D clients
- Both the 2D and 3D game clients will display their current version as "3.0.7e."
3D client only
- The Third Dawn 3D client will receive several new monster models. (Please note that the models being patched are not the new wearable designs discussed by Alai in the recent "Comments from the Team.")
If you have any difficulty patching Ultima Online, please check the following:
Close ALL programs that are running in the background, including any virus scanners or internet security/firewall software.
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch\). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- If you are unable to connect to the patch server at all, and are using an original (Non-T2A) version of Ultima Online, you may need to update your verinfo file. For details on updating this file, please see the information posted at http://support.uo.com/tech_6.html.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
- Bad memory (RAM) can also cause patching problems. The SANDRA utility (http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10102-100-6313817.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.6313817) can be used to test the memory specifically.
- In some cases, users may need to completely uninstall & reinstall UO, and try patching again from scratch—but this is a last-ditch tactic, and need only be tried after all other patch-troubleshooting methods have failed.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please contact Technical Support at [email protected]