Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Notes from 2001-01-19
Notes from 2001-01-19
- Numerous crash bug and stability fixes.
Many crash bugs and stability have been improved
- It currently defaults to "fidget.") Added a gesture button to the Quick Menu. (This one to select the animation you wish your avatar to display.
A gesture button was added to the quick menu (By using this, your character in the play screen will be animated with the selected animation, currently "fidget" is fidget by default)
- Various particle system additions and improvements.
Those with different particle systems are added, and some have been improved
- Avatars have been slightly increased in size. (Comments on this are welcome.)
The character in the play screen got slightly bigger (We are waiting for the comment
- Several dozen additional and / or improved art tiles.
Many art tiles have been added or improved
- Chat system has been enabled. (Please test this.)
A chat system is now available (please test about this)
- The dragon has been changed to more closely resemble the "classic" version.
Dragon has been changed as closely as possible to "classic" style
- Avatars now cast shadows. ("Shadows = on" or "Shadows = yes" in the uo.cfg file enable this.
The play character has a shadow (it can be done by describing "Shadows = on" or "Shadows = yes" in the uo.cfg file)
- Support for 800x600 gameplay window. (Resize the window by dragging the gem at the corner with the mouse.)
800 x 600 play screen is supported (You can change the size by operating the drag gem (button) at the corner of the window with the mouse)
- Corpses should now be easier to "open."
Corpse became easier to open
- Texture loading and arrangement has been optimized.
Texture loading and relocation has been optimized
- Numerous sprite loading optimizations.
Loading of many sprites (?) Has been optimized
- Fixed some of the missing art and "invisible object" issues.
A shortage of art files and countermeasures against "invisible objects" were given
- Magic Trap and Meteor Swarm crash bugs fixed.
Crash bug with Magic Trap and Meteor Swarm has been fixed
- Various text and font system improvements.
Text and font system has been improved
- Improvements for the placement of "barks" and object handles.
Improvements have been made to the display position of the speech (on the screen) and the object handle
- Moved text-input box into the gameplay window. (As opposed to below it.)
I moved the text entry box in the game screen (it will be displayed at the bottom of the screen)
- Improved compatibility with the 2D client.
Compatibility with 2D client was taken