• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zosilem's 'Brainy Alchemist' Quest Broken?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, seven years after SA was published, I finally decided to work up the Ter Mur Tier quests because I'm apparently a masochist.

Anyway, I'm doing Zosilem's tier 1 quest The Brainy Alchemist and it appears to be broken.
He wants:
1 arcane gem (easy to get)
10 undamaged undead gargoyle horns (derp... these only rarely spawn on undead gargoyles in Medusa's lair and L3 of the primeval lich :facepalm: Anyway, I got them)
The he wants to inspect a keg of Total Refreshment and Greater Poison potions. (easy enough...right?)

So I drop the full kegs on him (as you are supposed to do) and he stupidly states "Oooh, shiney. I have no use for this, though." for each one. I've tried multiple kegs of each, he just says the same thing.

Aside from stabbing him repeatedly for saying "shiney" (there is no 'e' in shiny o.0), is there something I'm missing?

Is Zosilem broken? @Kyronix can you stab him for me?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they have to be marked as "Quest Items"?
You have to hand the kegs to the NPC to "inspect" them. When he gives them back, their name changes to 'Inspected Keg of' whichever potion, then you mark them as a quest item and turn in the quest. He fails to recognize the kegs during the inspection step.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
try dropping the kegs on both npcs - it only works on one of the two - you're probably dropping it on the wrong one

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try dropping the kegs on both npcs - it only works on one of the two - you're probably dropping it on the wrong one
Kojak is spot on but there also seems to be a weight limit when turning in the kegs. You can be clearly underweight when trying to drop the kegs on the NPC but he will not accept them if you are within a certain weight limit close to your upper carrying limit. On occasion, I have had to drop one keg on the ground to quest mark them in 1 at a time. Unlike most quest toggled items, you can drop the keg marked for the quest on the ground in order to turn in the other then pick it back up to finish the quest.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kojak is spot on but there also seems to be a weight limit when turning in the kegs. You can be clearly underweight when trying to drop the kegs on the NPC but he will not accept them if you are within a certain weight limit close to your upper carrying limit. On occasion, I have had to drop one keg on the ground to quest mark them in 1 at a time. Unlike most quest toggled items, you can drop the keg marked for the quest on the ground in order to turn in the other then pick it back up to finish the quest.
The weight is exactly what it was. Thank you! Dropped one keg on the ground and he took the first, swapped them and he took the second. That's a really stupid bug...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's similar bugs that have been part of the BOD system for over a decade. At 430/431 stone, you can't receive BODs, or turn them in, because of a "weight" issue - even if you can have your backpack maxed out to 550 and still move. Before ML, and the changes to human weight limits (and the main backpack was 400 stone), the limit was even lower - and still is, I believe, for for persons under 100 STR (all my characters that pull BODs have 125 STR, since dex and int really don't matter for tailor and smith, so it's been a LONG time since I last checked lower weights)