• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zoo Birthday Celebration Saturday 12/6

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All citizens are encouraged to come join in celebrating the thrid birthday of the crane at the Moonglow Zoo on Saturday December 6. The Catskills crane is the oldest crane in all of UO and this achievement is worthy of recognition. For more information on the Royal Zoo please refer Here:

http://www.uoguide.com/Moonglow_Royal_Zoo_Collection

At 8pm on Saturday December 6th we will gather at the eastern entrance to the zoo to organize for a Tamers Challenge. Once begun, participants will have one hour to donate as many points to the zoo as possible including donations of gold. Participants will be awarded prizes at the conclusion of the competition.

After the competition, refreshments will be provided for everyone to enjoy the beauty of the greatest zoo in all of UO.

Tamers of all abilities are welcome to compete and citizens of all professions are welcome to come cheer on the participants or just join in the festivities.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those willing and able, we could use a bit of help with our event. The prize pool could use a little support, anything from taming jewlery, power scrolls, recent event items, to zoo reward items would be appreicated and will be returned if unclaimed. Some folks like gold too!

Also we could use a bit of help with cattering as well. Refreshments and decorations of all sorts would help make this the festive occasion it should be.

Feel free to PM me here with any questions but be warned that RL with cause a bit of delay in response.

Looking forward to seeing friends at the zoo once again!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Count me in :thumbsup:
I have some gold I could put toward prizes, just let me know how much you need and I'll help however I can!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive got a 120 vet scroll and a lore alacrity scroll i can donate.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the Prizes listed above, there are more than 10 million zoo reward points to be doled out. That would be a few sets of armor pieces for any winners who are interested. Many thanks to everyone contributing to the prize pool. All those wishing to donate prizes, please meet at the zoo by 7:30 pm this Saturday.

Sorry for the delay in responding, RL is realy a kick in my UO head.....

Also, we could use any and all refreshments folks wish to provide.

M

mtman

Hey jeremaih..dont foget i got some stuff to donate..like my.. 2 -7gm mares,set of the 3 generals spellbooks...a large spider web..a crimmy...and whatever else i dig up...we can discuss when i see u or on saturday

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ooo let me take care of refreshments!! *grins evily*

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:( just looked at calendar...and i cant come...

Well...ill just set up my drinks and boxes o' fun before hand then...Oh and, who can i meet up with to give my items to?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few people have expressed a desire to donate pets as prizes. For anyone who wishes to do so, there will be time to fetch them from the stables while the judges tabulate the scores from the competition.

For those unaware, if Moonglow is invaded during the competition your rune to the zoo may not work but you can mark one that will that is very close to the donation spot.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost forgot, if someone has a weapon engraving tool that they wouldn't mind buring a few charges on please let me know via PM or meet me at the zoo around 7:15pm Saturday.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope all my fellow Catskillians had a great time tonight! I know I did :) Great job to all who participated, and enjoy the mementos!

M

Marcus Blackwell

Welp darn missed another event..welp always next year glad everyone had fun sounds like it was a blast.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always love to see the big turnouts that the zoo always gathers. Blackout and Raistlin, I want to personally thank you for all the gold and very nice items that you donated for rewards. On behalf of the Royal Britannia Zoo, thank you both. I would also like to thank the both of you for killing all the water elementals, wyverns, stuck (un-tamable) drakes, shadow wyrms, giant serpents any other critter that attempted to hinder my taming. Forgive me for not remembering the guy's name that was in the back of Destard with us. His name was something like...Vish-ar-??? and he had a bake kitsune helping him. Thank you for coming.

Thank EVERYONE for coming and participating. To my knowledge Catskills has the largest amount of "decay protection" points of all the servers. Catskills sets the example that any shard can follow to have a thriving zoo.

Saramae *sigh* (forgive me, I probably misspelled your name again) and Jerimiah thank you both so very much for organizing the event.

Overall I think it went very well. At the conclusion I stuffed myself silly on all the wonderful food at the rear of the zoo. And drank my character to the point of hic-up-ing all night. I was also handed a wonderfully labeled Scrappers Compendium that is a lovely shade of blue...Thank you so very much Victania. There was some minor confusion to the reward handout to the first place winner: Champ, but I'm smoothing out the bumps, and I think everyone walked away happy. I grabbed a screen-shot, I'm sure some may have missed being in the photo, but here are a few of us. :)

I would also like to add that Ally Oop missed the deadline for the point system, but still matched the large gold donation of Champ, coin for coin. Thank you kindly Ally Oop.

I saw Vallend there as well...er, somehow I messed up saving the screen-shot with him being there. *blush* But thank you for coming, and I know I saw your "partner in crime" Ann Nomilly. So many people...um, gosh...Crew Chief, Rose of Fury, Victania and so many more. Oh...and Jerimiah, I posted that bug here.

I hope to see you all again at future zoo events.

-Hagrid