• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

zipactriotl now tamer Freindly

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. as you know I test pets on a wide range of bosses to see how they fair and test the new changes to stats... well today I decided to try our old friend zipactriotl.. only to discover they has greatly nerfed him.. before this fight was a death sentence to any tamer .. as any attack n him would teleport you to him and 1-2 hits would hit ya for 50-90... well now we did a full encounter on LS using pets and only got ported in 12 times the whole time.. just thought I would share this with any tamers that had bad dealing with this chain in the past.. enjoy my friends..

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting! How many of you were there? I've seen the tamer carnage there previously and it wasn't pretty. Their only usable tactic seemed to be stay dead until the pet died, res both, repeat until the two x-healing warriors killed it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah it is nice being able to take him on with a tamer now... also, Stygian Dragon is able to be done with tamers now too. Not because they changed him, but because the pets can hold up to his onslaught.

Paroxy tho is still a no go lol

Xenophen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As for how many of us...4 of us. Donavon on his Samp, an archer, 2 tamers being myself and my wife. 4 in total.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the DF now does this teleport nonsense, i found out when i went to Doom(suicide for casters and tamers). It is odd that they have this tamer upgrade with training, new pets, ect but they have effectively shut tamers(and in part casters) out of most of the game with this stuff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the DF now does this teleport nonsense, i found out when i went to Doom(suicide for casters and tamers). It is odd that they have this tamer upgrade with training, new pets, ect but they have effectively shut tamers(and in part casters) out of most of the game with this stuff.

We did DF a while back with 4 or so tamers, 1 or 2 melees and my archer bard. It went very well. I think the only death was in a room before DF. Didnt get anything but it was not a task.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning afk.. with the dark father I found a tactics to negate the teleport.. there is a line in the hall to the north that once crossed by the dark father he will teleport back to the middle.. if you lead him close to it then put your pet on him and cross it.. his teleports will not reach you ... it takes a few trys to find the sweet spot.. but once ya do you will find it a much ezier journey.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting! How many of you were there? I've seen the tamer carnage there previously and it wasn't pretty. Their only usable tactic seemed to be stay dead until the pet died, res both, repeat until the two x-healing warriors killed it.
Before the change, it would pull my archer in on every shot. I only got pulled in three times. One was a triple >60 hit death. The tamers did magic till it was more than half dead and then we let the dogs out. Because we didn't know there was a change. They didn't get pulled in on every hit like before.

I built a Naj just for Zippy. Ill use it next time.

Hint: You can plant the seeds from the abyss in a safe place in the chamber and res right there.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning afk.. with the dark father I found a tactics to negate the teleport.. there is a line in the hall to the north that once crossed by the dark father he will teleport back to the middle.. if you lead him close to it then put your pet on him and cross it.. his teleports will not reach you ... it takes a few trys to find the sweet spot.. but once ya do you will find it a much ezier journey.. =^-^=
Is the line near the hidden door ?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
its just before that door about 25% down the hall.. take a time or two to feel it out.. but once ya get it.. it works pretty well.. =^-^=

Finegold

Journeyman
Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
when you first start the fight make sure to lead him off, I normally use the north corner, then kill all the pillars around the room before ya engage him..He will move at near paragon speeds when the fight first starts but at around 80% Hp will be much slower.. you want to keep him in a small area.. I normally run him in small circles in the north corner once its time to fight him until I can invis or he switches back to a pet..bare in mind that he can only move on the lower flat part of the boss room.. so if ya are soloing him and need to get him off ya.. just run up one of the stairs and he will teleport back to the middle of the room. . he is very weak to poison.. so anything ya use that uses that as part of its main melee damage will work well... remember that ever 45 sec he will use his mana bomb move that is a circle of blue flame that circles him for 15 sec when you see this start up pull your pet back until its over.. aside from that its basicly just getting a feel for his timing and the teleport he will use from time to time.. make sure to bring a silver seed or two to plant north of the encounter so if you do die its an easy recovery..there are a lot of fun tactics for taking on this boss.. Im sure you will find the one that works the best for you.. =D hope this helps mate.. have fun with the fight.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The one from the silver sapling in the abyss. Grab one daily to stockpile them. You can plant them in Zippys Lair. When you die you pop to where you planted the seed so do it away from where you are going to fight Zippy.

Finegold

Journeyman
Killed Zippy last night.

Best advice for tamers,.... bring a trained frost dragon. He was a beast. Didnt need to pull him out at all...beven with zippy's mana goo attack.

Fire beetle did ok, but insta died when mana hoo attack hit him.... once i got the pattern i was able to pull uim out on several occasions before it hit.

Frost dragon though! Next time that's all we'll bring.

Daon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. as you know I test pets on a wide range of bosses to see how they fair and test the new changes to stats... well today I decided to try our old friend zipactriotl.. only to discover they has greatly nerfed him.. before this fight was a death sentence to any tamer .. as any attack n him would teleport you to him and 1-2 hits would hit ya for 50-90... well now we did a full encounter on LS using pets and only got ported in 12 times the whole time.. just thought I would share this with any tamers that had bad dealing with this chain in the past.. enjoy my friends..
we did a full encounter on LS using pets....
what is LS?
I'm so weak at these acronyms...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What is Zikpatriotl? How do you summon him? Drops anything good?
thanks

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon celt.. He is one of 2 bosses that is unlocked after doing the battle in E. vally... once to select a side by clicking either the flag in the brit encampment or the ant statue in the Barrab Village.. you go into the pit and help your side win the war.. once its over you can start the quest The Zealotry of Zipactriotl or Exterminating the Infestation .. its a fun chain which lead to some great rewards... most go after Zipa because he offers potion recipes and the Moonstone telporter... but the both are fun to do and see at least once.... hope this helped mate.. =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good afternoon celt.. He is one of 2 bosses that is unlocked after doing the battle in E. vally... once to select a side by clicking either the flag in the brit encampment or the ant statue in the Barrab Village.. you go into the pit and help your side win the war.. once its over you can start the quest The Zealotry of Zipactriotl or Exterminating the Infestation .. its a fun chain which lead to some great rewards... most go after Zipa because he offers potion recipes and the Moonstone telporter... but the both are fun to do and see at least once.... hope this helped mate.. =^-^=
Thanks for the info Donavon..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok we did Zipa just now with 3 pets and 1 mystic. Didnt take too long.

1 Cu, 1 Lesser, 1 Naj.

I made the Naj for Zippy, he can stay on him during the energy attacks and he is poison immune and Zippy stayed poisoned the whole time.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does the teleport attack also affect / unhide hidden targets? i actually have gm hiding on my tamer.
If I remember correctly, it did reveal you as I tried invising on my mystic mage after summoning a RC. Didn't work out so well so I spent the rest of my time there chain healing the warriors.

Subsequent trips I just took my paladin after dropping his int down to like 40-45 or so since it seems his energy attack does much less damage the lower your int/mana. It's probably why some pets are almost insta-killed (Beetles?) as they have higher base int/mana.