• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Zero DCI

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question. I've seen talk of going zero DCI on some builds. Is this to take advantage of bushido's counter attack?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have characters (sampires) that have 0 zero DCI, because 45% + 120 parry wasn't enough of an increase of misses for that character to justify the use of imbuing slots/ property intensity.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was my first thought. A lot of imbuing weight for little benefit.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought having high HCI/DCI is the key to being untouchable and landing swings especially when fighting bosses, but this makes me wonder now.

With zero DCI, do you need high parrying skill then?

In those solo videos, I see this char with 60 parrying being untouchable. I guess this is the opposite strategy, yes? (high DCI for untouchable, low parry for extra parry chance?)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 45 DCI, with HLA, and 60 parry.

Yes, if you have 0 DCI, then you need a high parry skill. Unless you like getting hit.

High parry skill is better than DCI against higher end creatures. Defense Chance is based off the difference between your weapon skill and your opponents weapon skill. Parry is just a flat chance to have the attack miss. So, the tougher the opponent, the less valuable DCI is.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Against something with 120 weaponskill, assume you have 120 weaponskill.

At 0 DCI you're 50% chance to get hit.
At 45 you're 34%.

At 0 DCI, but you manage to HLA your opponent: 37% chance to be hit.
At 45 DCI and HLA you're 25% chance to get hit.

I tried to see what 70 DCI (refinements...) looked like, but the stratics calculator is too old that it won't accept 70 as a valid DCI value.

If it's a question of imbue intensity, definitely find a way to fit HLA on your suit, since 50% HLA is 100 imbue weight (or 110?), but 45 DCI is at least 3 property slots, and a bunch of weight depending on how/where you get it.