• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You've ruined it

• Thread starter Dragonchilde
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dragonchilde

For pete's sake.

This forum used to be THE place to find intelligent, reasoned rants, where people could expect to have their asinine opinions challenged by people capable of using big words and proper punctuation.

Now, I come here, looking for a good rant, and all I find is a bunch of whinging over not being able to play the game the way you want.

Seriously. There's a wealth of games out there; go spend your money on one of them. If you don't like it, leave. If all you can do is whine about leaving the game because your little friends didn't get something they want, go home and tell mommy about it, because no one here actually gives two fat damns about it.

Drop the sense of entitlement, quit whining, and either play the game, or get out. No one guaranteed you anything. At no point were you told, "Hey, you deserve this!"

Newsflash: You deserve nothing. If you can't hack Felucca, don't whine when you don't get the rewards for playing there. I can't... that's why I don't go there. I do what everyone else does... I buy the stuff I want from the players who can hack it, and if I can't afford it, I do without.

K

Kiminality

Posts get moved here when they're more of a S/R than is generally tolerated in Uhall (in before Rico;))...

Few people actually post here, for posting here's sake.
Having your thread sent here is the equivalent to be sent to stand in the corner. Only, far from being isolated, you're subjected to the retorts of a large number of the forum warriors.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum used to be THE place to find intelligent, reasoned rants, where people could expect to have their asinine opinions challenged by people capable of using big words and proper punctuation.
Uh... what SnR are you dreaming of?

D

Dragonchilde

Back in the day. :) Back in the old days, when us old fogies could pancake about getting PKed, and then forget how much it sucked, so we can pancake about not being able to get PKed anymore anywhere now.

Or something.

It's been a long time.

*sigh*

Stupid change. Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day. :) Back in the old days, when us old fogies could pancake about getting PKed, and then forget how much it sucked, so we can pancake about not being able to get PKed anymore anywhere now.

Or something.

It's been a long time.

*sigh*

Yeah, about that... I've been on Stratics since 2000. Unless you were around before then, and things were different before I arrived (Not likely), that's still precisely the opposite of the SnR I've known.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Or something.

It's been a long time.

*sigh*

Oh really? I remember years ago, before Tram/Fel, this area was full of arguments about the merits/consequences of doing something to curb the rampant PK behavior.

However, I'm sure someone like yourself would have looked over it and declared it whining.

I really don't know what it is people like you want. Apparently people congregating on a forum to share their joys and love of the game is the only thing that wouldn't constitute whining. In any argument over points of the game, one person would be arguing against something in the game and the other person for it... you'd call that a whine most likely.

D

Dragonchilde

Oh really? I remember years ago, before Tram/Fel, this area was full of arguments about the merits/consequences of doing something to curb the rampant PK behavior.
It was irony, dear. I know that PK was a problem.

However, I'm sure someone like yourself would have looked over it and declared it whining.
You seem quite bitter, you know? You know so much about me. Tell me about myself. I seem to have missed the memo.

I really don't know what it is people like you want. Apparently people congregating on a forum to share their joys and love of the game is the only thing that wouldn't constitute whining.
What are people like me? Personally, I've read your posts in other forums and agree with most of your points. I'm not sure who you're lumping me in with, exactly. I'm too newly back to these forums to be really familiar with the various "crowds".

Whining is whining... when you're whining because you're not getting something you feel you're entitled to, when you're railing against something silly because things aren't going your way. When the uber l33t items aren't falling in your bank box with no effort on your part.

"Stupid EMs, they didn't give me what I felt I deserve." that's what a whine is.

In any argument over points of the game, one person would be arguing against something in the game and the other person for it... you'd call that a whine most likely.
No. That's called debate. I rather enjoy those.

T

T_Amon_from_work

wanna resurrect the PvP +/- switch argument ( :bdh: BTW) and see how many state "that's what Tram is for!"? :D

I was there for a lot of it. Was fun and some actually pretty slick ideas came out of it. Too bad EA/Origin (at that time) had their own ideas.

T

Tybalt Capulet II

For pete's sake.

Now, I come here, looking for a good rant, and all I find is a bunch of whinging over not being able to play the game the way you want.

Seriously. There's a wealth of games out there; go spend your money on one of them. If you don't like it, leave. If all you can do is whine about leaving the game because your little friends didn't get something they want, go home and tell mommy about it, because no one here actually gives two fat damns about it.

Drop the sense of entitlement, quit whining, and either play the game, or get out. No one guaranteed you anything. At no point were you told, "Hey, you deserve this!"

Newsflash: You deserve nothing. If you can't hack Felucca, don't whine when you don't get the rewards for playing there. I can't... that's why I don't go there. I do what everyone else does... I buy the stuff I want from the players who can hack it, and if I can't afford it, I do without.
I still cant imagine this cant hack fel theme. Hell, I seriously doubt any of the bad asses in fel now could have hacked it themselves back in the day which is really lame. Since as a not so great PvPer I took it fine before candyland heh. what a riot. Good that UO still here though, have moved on and past several more advanced games with much more involved skill requirements, cause all those l33t PvPers here would be bawling if had to know a few more buttons to push or stats to watch to be 3lit3 :)