• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You're Top 3

madmack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet changes have drawn me back into UO. I'm still learning all the changes and experimenting with different pets, BUT wanted to see what everyone considers to be their top 3.

So far in my short experience it's gotta be:

1 Rune Beetle with Magery Mastery.
2 Giant Beetle - I pulled this one out and trained up with AI.
3 Hoping to be a 2 slot mare, got lucky on a metallic hue.

Still need to do a Cu and Hiryu as well but looking forward to everyone's shares!

Finegold

Journeyman
Awww... and here i was thinking that this was a feel good post for the holidays... :p

My fav pets are

Najasaurus
Fire beetle
Pre patch mare

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far mine would be:

1. Discord/Conductive Blast Cu
2. Unicorn with AI/Conductive Blast
3. Dread Spider... Goo.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Pre-patch three slot Dragons and WW's with greater then 810 STR. Give em' Chiv and AI with a bunch of mana, mana regen, and INT; they will out damage almost anything in the game. You can add even more damage by being a Chiv tamer, or Sammy Tamer.

2) Four slot dragons with 825 STR. Add Chiv/AI and greater then 1000 mana and they will out damage most things in the game (i.e. your standard Cu tamers). Don't waste points on resists, or hit points. They are glass cannons and can't not tank well like the three slot pre-patchers can. Build them for offense and you'll be happy with the results. Use taming mastery (consume damage) if you must tank. Seriously if you need to tank see #3 on my list.

3) Three slot Triceratops tamed with Healing (think saber-tooth). Add Poison, then select Aura of Nuasea, then AI. You'll have yourself a great tank with good damage output. Can solo Navrey with lvl 2 taming Mastery without much healing.

Wildcards:

1) Five lesser hiyru's still do a crap load of damage. Try it out with unbonded lesser hiyru's you'll be surprised. They are best if someone else is tanking a boss/monster. These work great for killing Crazy mages in shame solo.

2) Two (two slot reptilons) and a lesser hiyru(with high wrestling, tactics) are very interesting combo (all non trained btw). Bond these first. The para attack of the reptilons freeze monsters and the damage output is impressive. Use taming mastery (consume damage) on the pet taking the damage for greater success. I'm still playing with this combo... so no guarantees.

Btw I love these taming changes. I haven't had this much fun in UO since UO:ML.