• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Search Criteria is too Vague

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your search criteria is too vague
(Magically works for no reason, search next item)
Your Search Criteria is too vague

I don't care if the server is busy and it needs to take longer to sort out my vendor search and it gives me my Order in line of vendor search priority, just not this bs.

Can we take a week to figure this one out before the game goes Free to play and no one can search for anything ever?

@Bleak

:please:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendor search is one of their greatest achievements along with Gold being Digital and account bound, but their servers can't handle the load of items on atlantic/# of players searching. If you vendor search on any other server, you will pretty much never see the "Your Search Criteria is too vague".

As to the 3rd party programs, Just look at the Original Standard UI for the EC vs Pincos, enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been a problem for a while now on Atlantic. Vendor search is a success on every shard but Atl. The frequency of too vague happening is outlandish-once in a great while might be acceptable, but what it is now is not.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've noticed this happening about once a day and usually lasting about an hour or so. Seems to usually be a higher population time (i.e., 7pm-10pm EST) when it occurs.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
(Magically works for no reason, search next item)

I don't care if the server is busy and it needs to take longer to sort out my vendor search and it gives me my Order in line of vendor search priority, just not this bs.

Can we take a week to figure this one out before the game goes Free to play and no one can search for anything ever?

@Bleak

:please:
:postcount:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happens on GL as well, though I've run into it more often on Atl. I don't think its a time of day thing, as I've popped onto a second account as was able to use the exact same search term to get results (while the first account was still told it was too vague).