• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your New Event Moderators

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to introduce to everyone your new Event Moderators:

EM Name Assigned Shard

EM Eira Sonoma
EM Stardancer Sonoma
EM Pallando Baja
EM Sezja Napa Valley
EM Immortal Drachenfels
EM Autolycus Lake Superior
EM Aeon Oceania
EM Faine Morgan Origin
EM Sarakan Europa
EM Quantum Lake Superior/Siege
EM Dudley Cheaspeake
EM Vladimere Cheaspeake
EM Tashik Legends
EM Helios Legends
EM Kasaven Catskills
EM Sarthus Lake Austin
EM Cernunnos Catskills
EM Iatu Great Lakes
EM Annendora Drachenfels
EM Emile Layne Europa
EM Vespera Oceania
EM Malachi Great Lakes
EM Lillimu Pacific
EM Laurana Origin
EM Kanmare Atlantic
EM Seppo Baja
EM Cyno Razik Pacific
EM Kaen Napa Valley
EM Dexter Lake Austin
EM Vytacca Atlantic

Due to RL issues a few of the Event Moderators have had to leave us. Above is an updated list of the EM on each shard. Please make them all feel welcome.

Please check the Britian Counselor guild halls in Trammel to see if they are around.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would think they will help wherever necessary as floater and the floater/trainer will probably be helping teaching the em what to do

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Floater is the ones who most likely float between different shards as needed, with the exception of the shard(s) that person usually plays on. Thinking that Glamdring (trainer) was the leader of the EM's from the last batch.

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Floater will be the ones that will help out on all the shards that do not have 2 assigned to them. Glamdring is back with us to help out and train some of the newer EM's.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A Floater will be the ones that will help out on all the shards that do not have 2 assigned to them. Glamdring is back with us to help out and train some of the newer EM's.
Awsome Congrats to all new EMs and thanks to Glam for coming back to help

M

Mustarik

Congratulations to all! Assuming the quality of responses given to EA were outstanding (a fair assumption), great things are no doubt on their way. I look forward to your respective efforts!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I see Siege only got one, Alcor. I hope he/she know a little about Siege and the different way things works on Siege.
The Floaters scare me a little, as I guess they won't know much about Siege.

L

Leanan Sidhe

Congratulations to all!! I'm so excited to see EM's again!!!
Thank you thank you!!!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Met a Couple of the new EM's on Test 9 last evening. What a good 2 EM's they were. Very nice to chat with & actually joke with. Nice to see they have a good sense of humor :lick:. That rez' fizzle was a riot, then gated my friend to the healers. Thought I was going to bust a gut laughing in TS with my bud. All he could say was HE FIZZLED! Got to admit, a gate to a healers was was funny since he fizzed 4 times lol

Congrats to all the New EM's, hope you all have a wonderful experience.

S

sapphirediablo11

I love these EMs saw a few lined up and talked with them, they seems so nice, although i think i was a bother since they were getting a talk with... I hope all is well Look forward to play with all of you... muhaha!~

T

Teeshy

Please check the Britian Counselor guild halls in Trammel to see if they are around.
Well, while searching in and around Britain, I stopped by the counselor hall, and thought I would try and clear out the dragons and invasion troops,but after nearly dying more than once, all I can say is;

watch out when you log in Aeon! And welcome to Oceania ;)

(sorry about the body parts, and blood spatter on the carpets! :eek:)

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Mesanna.

To all the new EMs & Glamdring... congratulations and salud!

;)

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree to the fact it is a very warm welcome to have the event moderators.

I love live events and I am looking forward to having these guys around a long time.

Now the holiday is over, get to work and Bring It ON! :D

S

Stupid Miner

Hey Mesanna! Thanks for decorating our counselor's hall! (LS), it looks great!
not to complain or anything but the marble tables on the west wall are missing their south table legs.
Doesn't look bad, but if you ever need an excuse to avoid work for a min or two... :D

G

Gwendolynne

I went to meet the EM on Lake Austin - stopped by numerous times on numerous days over the weekend. There is a shield locked down on the floor so I was in the right place but never met anyone. No decorations - just the shield on the floor with the EM name on it.

I posted on the Lake Austin forum on the 5th asking if anyone was lucky enough to actually meet the EM but no one replied.

Hopefully there will be some kind of UO Herald and in game functioning shard notification when events actually kick in - accurate and early enough for greater shard participation than prior events.

Safe journeys!

S

Shioni

haha I finally met our EM with his powers. Gave him a few ideas for events he he randomly broke out into a scenario that resulted in my pet dog being turned into an undead.

At some point he didn't know how to fix it and the dog was trapped in a sub server until I logged.

Yeah he totally gave me two sashes, was freaking funny as crap.

anyway he told me that the more he bugged *coughs* his handlers. The less they seemed to be helpful to him.

I wont question the eagerness of the program to start up but, I hope we get some "fans" to help write story's for our EMs so they don't exhaust all their ideas.

*wink, wink*

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, is it garunteed that the EM's do not play on the shards they are assigned? Are the floaters working on shards they play on?

O

OriginsSyn

Out of curiosity, is it garunteed that the EM's do not play on the shards they are assigned? Are the floaters working on shards they play on?
If I remember Faine right the floaters aren't allowed on their home shard either.

G

Gwendolynne

I have not found anyone on Lake Austin who has actually seen our EM. This is a thread about attempts to meet up with the EM and asking if anyone else saw them http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=119408 . It would be appreciated if the EM posted something on the Lake Austin forum and introduced themself etc.

Also, are the EMs going to add their upcoming events to the shard event calendars? If that is not already the plan then this is my request to make it so.

Safe journeys!

O

OriginsSyn

I have not found anyone on Lake Austin who has actually seen our EM. This is a thread about attempts to meet up with the EM and asking if anyone else saw them http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=119408 . It would be appreciated if the EM posted something on the Lake Austin forum and introduced themself etc.

Also, are the EMs going to add their upcoming events to the shard event calendars? If that is not already the plan then this is my request to make it so.

Safe journeys!
I guess for the time being they're not allowed to interact with the world too much yet. Again, guessing this Casca event is the kick-off of events so they can become more active and will hopefully post then. ^^

G

Gwendolynne

I guess for the time being they're not allowed to interact with the world too much yet. Again, guessing this Casca event is the kick-off of events so they can become more active and will hopefully post then. ^^
I cannot even confirm with anyone in game or on Stratics UHall or Lake Austin forum that any EM actually showed up on Lake Austin other than to lock down and then remove the shield. Not concerned about sashes etc. just wanted to meet and greet and see what the plan was to notify people of events. The notice on the Herald is great for the shards that got one but Lake Austin was left out there too. Perhaps they are not prepared yet and did not submit their schedule on time. I am sure there will be postings here during and after the weekend with how things actually turned out. Unfortunately my free time is limited this weekend and I just peeked in to see if anything new was posted. I don't actually have time to log in to game now.

Safe journeys!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe the schedule didn't get updated in time? Has anyone checked the town crier in Brit? Joanne did say:

If your shard is not listed here please visit the Town Crier in Britian Trammel for the scheduled time.
I haven't myself so I can't say but just a thought I had. :)

G

Gwendolynne

Maybe the schedule didn't get updated in time? Has anyone checked the town crier in Brit? Joanne did say:

I haven't myself so I can't say but just a thought I had. :)
So, I finally had a chance to log on and check the Britain town crier for the Lake Austin event since it is not on the schedule. No town crier in Britain. Fortunately someone posted on the Lake Austin forum that the town crier said 5:30 on Sunday earlier before he went missing. Why would anyone remove the town crier when he is supposed to be the in game announcement for the event? How are players who do not read these forums supposed to know about anything?

Safe journeys!

K

Kiminality

So, I finally had a chance to log on and check the Britain town crier for the Lake Austin event since it is not on the schedule. No town crier in Britain. Fortunately someone posted on the Lake Austin forum that the town crier said 5:30 on Sunday earlier before he went missing. Why would anyone remove the town crier when he is supposed to be the in game announcement for the event? How are players who do not read these forums supposed to know about anything?

Safe journeys!
Actually, on Europa, there was a town crier stuck at the steps of a private house.
Seems like an invasion unstuck him, and he went for a wander.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what the supposedly non-existant Lake Austin EM told me (yes he was there, exactly when he said he would be, on Thursday), they aren't allowed to post at all on any of the forums, at least for the time being (maybe longer).

G

Gwendolynne

From what the supposedly non-existant Lake Austin EM told me (yes he was there, exactly when he said he would be, on Thursday), they aren't allowed to post at all on any of the forums, at least for the time being (maybe longer).
I never said the EM was non-existant but I was trying to find out if anyone met them because I went to the counselor hall many times and did not meet them. I was like trying to be involved in game you know? I never heard or saw any posting that he would be there on Thursday the 15th - where did you find out about that? I did see your post on the Lake Austin forum yesterday the 17th that you saw the EM on Thursday the 15th but no one else posted on my thread started on January 5th that they saw him or knew about the Thursday meeting.

I am sure more players would have been there if they had known about the meeting.

Safe journeys!

P.S. The town crier is back at Britain Bank West and is telling players to meet at Blackthorn's castle at 5:30PM today.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I went by the house (by Blackthorne's castle) and there was a shield there, on monday or tuesday, that he'd be there on Thursday at those times. IT appeared to be there the entire time up till he appeared, and while he was there (until he picked up on his last return to the house).

D

Dor of Sonoma

Welcome to all :)

Something that has always vexed me, though...why always Trammel? Aren't EMs invulnerable?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess it's because the few events that have been run in Fel have been ruined by people crashing the party.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had to ask, why arent there EMs for asian shards? Now I know the Japanese GMs do perform events for the Japanese shards ONLY but I was wondering what about the asian non-Japanese shards? As in my Taiwanese shard Formosa and the Korean shards, coz ever since the Korean GMs were let off the hook, I dont think we've had much events since then, the Japanese GMs or EMs dont peek into our shards and so far I've known, the GMs answering our shard would be the American GMs (since they all speak eng now.)

After the Korean GMs issues, some EATW employee did try to help out on our shard with some events like lotteries but it was like only a few times and now they no longer show up. (I say this coz once they had an event whereas they had to place a house and now the house has gone thru IDOC and poof). They even set up the Official Chinese UO Website. But which has stopped updating coz if u checked the News section, it stopped updating at Pub 52. So now no more events anymore and no more contacts from the EATW event person.

Not to sound like ranting but only curious as to know what's to become of us Asian Non-Japanese shards that do not have anymore events cept for the all shards events.

C

Chrissay_

The EM list has been updated please check the list for your local EMs.

Chrissay

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The EM list has been updated please check the list for your local EMs.

Chrissay
EM Quantum Lake Superior/Siege

I'm sad to see, that Siege have to share EM with an other shard. Why can't we have our own?
Are there noone who want to be our EM?
Is the reason that the EM can't play the shard?
Siege is so much different for the other shards, that I doubt a player from a normal shard can handle the job.
When we still had counselors on Siege, it was allowed to play the shard and be counselor on the shard, think that should count for EM's too.

I know that could be a problem but if the player do not have chars in any of the main guild/alliances, I think it could work as the EM is not allowed to tell who he is, just like I, when I was counselor, could not tell my friends/guild about me being a counselor.

I believe the job as EM on Siege may be harder than on normal shards as events have to be adjusted to Siege ruleset and for a normal shard player, this may fail badly as he/she won't understand the ruleset and the community.

We had a EM, Ellandor who really did alot for the shard, traveled the land to learn to know the community and really showed he know about the Siege history, that's the kind of EM we need, someone who care about the shard and wish to help us get more players on the shard.

I do not know Quantum, so I can't have any idea if he/she will be good for the shard but I can't see anything good comming from sharing EM with a normal shard, I believe it will hurt Lake Superior too.

Please consider this.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, all our new EM has done for our shard so far is remove the NEW books and move the gate to serpent's hold. Meanwhile, his "other" shard has been running an event and we've gotten nothing from him.

S

Sweeney

With the irrational insults and hatred towards EM Quantum in his first few weeks I'm surprised he's still on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
With the irrational insults and hatred towards EM Quantum in his first few weeks I'm surprised he's still on Siege.
I don't think we hate him. The remove of the book did hurt Siege badly but you are the reason they was removed, you are the one to blame and disrespect.
EM Quantum did not have other choice than remove them because of your crying to EA about the books.
My post was not meant to show disrespect to EM Quantum, I'm just asking if we can have an EM only for Siege and one who know Siege well and care for our shard.
I think we all can forgive EM Quantum but I don't think he have time for 2 shards, special not when Siege is one of them
It will however take years to forgive your selfish actions.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja is exactly right on that count Sweeney.

As for EM Quantum, it would be nice if he made any sort of effort to have an event outside of the current story line or had his RPC make an appearance at ANY of the heavily advertised player run events we have on the shard. I'm sorry if his skin isn't thick enough to quit crying and come out do something.

If he can't stand the heat then he should get out of the Siege kitchen and let us have someone interested in doing something.

S

Sweeney

If he can't stand the heat then he should get out of the Siege kitchen and let us have someone interested in doing something.
Maybe that's why we don't have a full time EM in the first place, noone is interested. :scholar:

And other comments don't belong in an EM thread.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe that's why we don't have a full time EM in the first place, noone is interested. :scholar:

And other comments don't belong in an EM thread.
I think that's very possible. From what I've seen, it's not easy being an EM, you do something and you have a group screaming for items and another group screaming for no items etc.

Also, the most of the other shards seem to have double teams of 2 EMs each.

It might be a good time for a sieger that has been holding events on siege to send in an application.

At least it's better than chocolit's shard though.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I *think* that's what we had before. Apparently tpb Alcor quit for some reason. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that we got a new EM right after it was announced that everyone would receive something for showing up.

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had to ask, why arent there EMs for asian shards? Now I know the Japanese GMs do perform events for the Japanese shards ONLY but I was wondering what about the asian non-Japanese shards? As in my Taiwanese shard Formosa and the Korean shards, coz ever since the Korean GMs were let off the hook, I dont think we've had much events since then, the Japanese GMs or EMs dont peek into our shards and so far I've known, the GMs answering our shard would be the American GMs (since they all speak eng now.)

After the Korean GMs issues, some EATW employee did try to help out on our shard with some events like lotteries but it was like only a few times and now they no longer show up. (I say this coz once they had an event whereas they had to place a house and now the house has gone thru IDOC and poof). They even set up the Official Chinese UO Website. But which has stopped updating coz if u checked the News section, it stopped updating at Pub 52. So now no more events anymore and no more contacts from the EATW event person.

Not to sound like ranting but only curious as to know what's to become of us Asian Non-Japanese shards that do not have anymore events cept for the all shards events.

I am taking applications to place EM's on these shards. If anyone is in the time zone and interested in becoming an EM please send me an email to [email protected].

Thanks!