• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Most Desirable Wildfire Rewards?

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thought I'd add a fun topic of discussion, and this felt appropriate.

If you have been actively participating in the current Wildfire event, what are your reward goals for the drops? Does the ostard tickle your fancy? Are you looking to grab your own luck skull? Are you a bookworm and want the lore pages? Let me know, and if you'd like, tell me why you do what you do.

For me, I wanted the pages. I enjoy the various books in the game. I have a very small and mundane collection of those books you can find (and steal) in bookshelves all over Sosaria. Adding to the collection never hurts.

I had toyed with collecting the luck skull, but then I found out that the 10th Anniversary sculpture wasn't just deco and actually works the same way as the skull, and since I have that sculpture already, I don't need the skull. I've also gone back and forth as to whether or not I wanted the ostard. I'm still on the fence. It's a lot of drops and from what I can tell, it's a fairly mundane pet statwise. So I'm not sure.

As an aside, I am collecting bone armor pieces (just need the legs and helm, which I'm sure I'll get) and I managed to get the entire chain set already by chance, so I have a mannequin for that as well (with a spear, because spears are cool).

What say you, fellow addicts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to get all the deco items and a few Ostards.

Realistic. I'll get an Ostard, the book, and a few deco items.
I have the green skull so far. 130 items on the NPC and 150 or so items in a chest.
I'll keep a few suits. I need more earrings and amulets for garg suits.

The non deco stuff I'd like the ear rings, talisman, and a couple of luck masks.

I'm speculating the luck masks will have value after this is finished.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Good:
I've picked up a mask / earrings / ozzie so far (375 drops ouch) as those seem like the "best" items this go round. I will probably pick up another mask or 2 as well as earrings that will come in handy down the road when tweaking or building suits. I was very happy about the mask getting a bump in luck and really help bump up a luck suit with the other mods. Like the earrings too for the ability to switch up the jewels on a warrior (although I wish they had night sight). I will probably pick up a vorpal tali although I'm not sure what I'd use it for. Lastly I think it was a good call making the pages 1 point each bc at that price I will gladly get enough for a book but if they were any more expensive I'd have to pass for functionality items.

The Bad:
I've never been a deco person so the things like table (80 points) / branch / glass / keys / idol etc don't do anything for me personally but I can see some people wanting those things for their house depending on their theme. I was hoping some of them would do a little more but aside from the piece of castambre which gives you a heart (not sure if that's really worth 50 pts) none of those other items do anything for me.

The Ugly:
Antique weapons. It's almost like the Devs see what we say and grant our wish (that soul glaive has good stats) and then remember all the nasty things people say to them and slap an antique tag on it (or shard bound etc). In addition to the antique tag they made the soul glaive 75 points; I'd love to see actual stats when this is over because I have to think that would be claimed by less than 5% of people. I was also a bit disappointed with the lucky skull. It's a reskinned 10th anniversary statue for 75 points which is laughable since it doesn't do anything extra. Same thing with the Dark Monk Robe... 6% SDI and some fire eater (and karma loss) really won't take the place of a hawkwind with 5SDI (and LRC/LMC/MR). Same thing with the Artisans Esteem... at 100 points maybe it's ok but for 200 points it's a waste. I get that it's to be paired with the bracelet from the rabbit spawn but the type of player that would actually use that combo is probably going to have a tough time getting 200 points just to claim that ring. That wasn't well thought out. The top prize should be worth it. They needed to make everything maxed (+35% EP / 18% SDI / FCR 4 on that thing plus add some mods like 1 FC maybe 2 casting focus....something that people would really WANT to fit into their suit.

Given this is the third Treasures Of event since they implemented the new system; I'd rate Treasure of Deceit A+, Treasures of Ice F, Treasures of Fire C+. I think if they would have removed the antique tags, made the luck statue stack, and put a more common skill on the HCI earrings like Tactics it would be in the B+ range but it seems like the Devs think they know best without putting anything on TC1 and getting feedback before they put these events in so we have to just make the best of the few items we get that are good.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My addiction is real, one of everything but the weapons. Some of them I need two of since my hubby plays as well and needs them.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The Dark Monk robe, one Ostard for deco lol and I don’t know for the rest. Nothing else seems interesting.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Branden

Journeyman
I wanna get my hands on a luck mask n earrings if any one on Lake Superior has one to sell I’ll pay lol

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I care nothing for any of the deco & anytyhing with antique on it is trash, imo. So I only really want (4) sets of HCI earrings for my melee chars which will allow me to swap HCI for more +skill on my jewelry. And if I have enough energy left to grind... maybe a mask just because I never could get a mempho of fortune for my luck suit.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 45 drops on Origin from the testing period prior to all shard release but no house/s there. I did buy pages 1-9, stuck in a book and transferred it to Legends where I do have some real estate. I also have a house on ATL so will fill 3 more books and send them to ATL where I will keep one book for deco and trade the other two books for 18 misc drops. The talisman (50 pts) I will buy one each my warrior and ninja on both shards - the +15 EP combines perfectly with the Khal Ankur arti (35EP) and I can cap anatomy at 100 but still get the 120 bonus and being a tali frees up jewel slot/s. I plan on getting the Luck mask on ATL and maybe Legends if the drop gods bless me :) As far as the ostard, I'll pass. I don't PvP and i have plenty of great PvM pets that are much better. The key ring looks cool and always nice to have a storage bin that fits a theme, but that will only happen if the next 6 weeks drop rate increases significantly.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will get the lore pages and be pretty happy. The cost of 1:1 per page is so much better than Deceit which was 20 for 1 page. Then I'm thinking earrings, some piece of deco for the home, and a few loose treasures for my collection.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that my Wildfire set is complete or Armor drops. I will be looking at getting one set of the keys for decor, Maybe the luck statue, will want at lest 2 or 3 ear rings, and 2 or 3 of the birds. will see I don't plan on using the birds but just something to have. and I will be getting one lore book.

Nicnivin

Visitor
1. 10 HCI Earrings: They open so many other options, like switching to another ring/bracelet, since I don't need HCI or overcapped HCI on them anymore (or the chance to switch to another mastery, instead of the weapon mastery)
2. The Robe: 6% SDI for a omparably low price - if you don't need the other stats from Hawkwinds, this is an upgrade (by 1% SDI)
3. probably the luck mask, but I woul not claim that until the end, when I know whether I could get both, an ostard and the mask
4. Ostard: yet undecided, it would stay as a statue in my bank, most likely - depends on how many drops I have in the end (if I end up with closer to 150 of the required 200, I would get a mask and another pair of earrings, instead of hunting for another 50 artifacts)

The deco does not interest me much, since I don't see any house design I prefer that requires any of these items. And they are quite pricey.

After I picked all the rewards I really want, I will invest my last wildfire artifacts in the lore pages. At that point I also know how many I have to gather before the event ends to fill one book.
It is great to have 1 point rewards, beause I can turn in all artifacts I don't want to keep, without unwanted leftovers. This is one of the best reward decisions for the treasures events. I hope to see more 1 point rewards in the future.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
earrings are nice but the gargs really got screwed over, again. the forgotten race, garg lives matter lol. mask nice too luck suit. the one thing i hate is shard bound items. already had a few people move to atl because of this. thinking of moving there too lol

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Atlantic is bad move if you are farming in Tram. Very slow spawn and the spots are double covered the few times I checked. I had 2 drops in about an hour there compared to 8 to 10 drops on other shards in same time.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
earrings are nice but the gargs really got screwed over, again. the forgotten race, garg lives matter lol. mask nice too luck suit. the one thing i hate is shard bound items. already had a few people move to atl because of this. thinking of moving there too lol
You move to Atlantic your just going to drive the price of things there more.
They need to find a way to bring people to the other shards. Shard bound hurts every shard. People use to farm the slower shards to bring the drops to Atlantic. Now there just to many people to get drops there in a large amount

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm about to get my mask, then I'll focus on the earrings. Then MAYBE grind for the Ostard. Wish the devs would bring back the potion because work is crazy and I don't have a ton of time to play, haha.

By the way, I really like this event. It's a nice balance between the Shame and Ice events.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wish the devs would bring back the potion because work is crazy and I don't have a ton of time to play, haha.
Same. Between work picking up (50-60 hours/week) and working out (20 hours/week), i just don't have much time to play anymore. I have more money than time right now. EA is missing a big easy cash opportunity by not bringing back the Potion of Glorious Fortune. During Treasures of Deceit, i would stack a Potion of Glorious Fortune along with a 10th Anniversary Sculpture luck boost, and reap in the turn-in artifacts.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I already have the mask, towel and Ostard
(traded an EM drop for the pet)

working on the container, robe, and a few more deco pieces (undecided which ones)