• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your favorite UO Character

• Thread starter dsnchanted395
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

dsnchanted395

What has been or is now your favorite character to play? Where did the template idea/name/look of said character originate from?

For me my favorite character is Kahlan my tamer. The name comes from the Terry Goodkind novels and her look has undergone many changes before settling on the "dark" she wears now.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc,

Pure Warrior

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Parry
120 Resist
120 Healing
120 Anatomy

There story just follow the link below.

He's just a knight who follow the Virtues and he is a knight in white shiny armor! He's is "good" , just too good sometimes, but to balance it a little he got to watch there "Nemesis" the Dark Angel. Well, she about opposite what they are .(Female, Demon, Evil, No Emotions (besides the hatred against Humans))

G

My favorite is split between two characters, my warrior and my tamer. Sometimes I like taking out my warrior and just banging on stuff and sometimes I like taking out my tamer and watching my pets pulverize baddies.
I started out with a mage but hardly play it anymore. I have a crafter character but getting resources is so boring he usually lays on the couch all day watching soap operas.

G

My favorite char is Loqucious. He is currently an archer, but he was originally a lumberjack warrior. I went with lumberjacking because everyone told me I was silly to do so. Two things make this char very special to me:

1. I was teaching at a private high school and the day Loqucious GM'd lumberjacking several of my students were standing beside me and we all cheered when the daily gain put me at GM. Good times.

2. The name Loqucious is kind of interesting as well. The same group of students literally insisted I sit down and try out this game. So I sat down and started creating a char. I had no idea what to name him and Loqucious just popped into my head. I went about a year and a half before I saw a Star Trek Borg episide and realized that I stole Loqucious from the show. I'm not even a big Star Trek fan, but I guess the name logged in their subconciously.

By the way, I used to let my students play UO on the schools DSL at the end of the day if they finished their work. It turned out to be a very good incentive.

D

DVDA

My Favorite character was my first Garavar, the name comes from General Garavar from Guardian of The Flame by Joel Rosenberg

My new favorite character is my (R3) Tamer his name is Ahrim, also from Guardian of the Flame Ahrim was a master slaver.

His template is:

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Vet
120 Lore
102 Taming
100.7 Magery

A

Al Thorin

My Tamer, God Of War!
It was an almost complete tamer when I got it in 2000 (the account), and I've played him since. Didn't change him much either! Cept for a name change.
Named cause I PVP, Though, I should have renamed him 'Trammel War Machine' since I'm always called a trammie.

Fire Kitten

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had many favorite characters over the 8 years I have been playing, but I would have to say Fire Kitten is my favorite at this time. I enjoy playing her as a cat (being a real life cat purr-son that I am). She became an idea while watching an arena football game for our local team "FireCats" and the cheerleaders were called the Fire Kittens.. the lights went on and I knew that was the purrfect name for my tamer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My Tamer, God Of War!
It was an almost complete tamer when I got it in 2000 (the account), and I've played him since. Didn't change him much either! Cept for a name change.
Named cause I PVP, Though, I should have renamed him 'Trammel War Machine' since I'm always called a trammie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol

My favorite char has to be my archer Jesus Egg pvping doing spawns or just hanging and talking to people.Though i havent played him in forever hes currently burning a butt load of Counts.

G

Do you play Kahlan in the Light or as a member of the Dark? I too read Goodkind (currently Phantom).

First account I had a decent tank/mage, but my primary love was the "in yer face" swordsman I had - preAoS. This account my Paladins seem to be the fun ones ... with sword and bow.

D

dsnchanted395

My Kahlan finds herself walking a thin gray line most of the time... She holds the leadership of the guild and thus while in tram condusts herself accordingly. However there is more than a fair share of those who have found themselves on her bad side and the receiving end of her temper.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

same reply I posted in another post.
-----------------------------------
My main charaters name is not original, by a longshot, but I have been using it since, maybe the early 80's. Back when table top arcade games were around. There was one called Moon-Cresta...it was along the lines of Galactica....I used the name Bullseye as my high score handle.....then in the late 90's when I drove OTR....my handle was Bullseye....on another note, my bug I ride is The Stormout....lol

peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw, this char started as a smith/miner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G

Generally as the character ... Mother Confessor and bane of "baddies". Works for me!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I have to pick??
I love all my chars and it depends on my mood as to who's my favorite. But if I must chose then it would be the original Oriana. She started as a mage in late 2000 and has stayed true to her calling and her name which is Greek for golden. She's always in bright yellows and golden tones. She's legendary mage and spellweaving now, a far cry from her running around carrying and scavaging for regs with crummy armor running from mean ol' mongbats and occasionally mean ol' reds. Many good times.

D

DVDA

<blockquote><hr>

My Kahlan finds herself walking a thin gray line most of the time... She holds the leadership of the guild and thus while in tram condusts herself accordingly. However there is more than a fair share of those who have found themselves on her bad side and the receiving end of her temper.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOnt let her fool you...Kah is very very mean

G

Hum..... I would have to say my favorite character is my most complex character to date.... I being a Role-player, I love to immerse myself in my characters.... (I have like 40 or so)..... but the one I enjoy more than any other is Malag-aste Hla-ate Turcople of the Royal Knights of Redemption, (Keeper of Secrets of the House of the Walkers of the Way). He is a Drow Prince. Though some would say he is a Fallen Prince as he no longer follows Lloth nor does he serve a Matron Mother.... He is a Knight on a path to Redemption for his many sins and crimes against the virtues, which he now serves and attempts to uphold and protect..... though from time to time the drow in him sneaks out a bit.... and he does find this land of humans and surface elves to be a bit strange... Especially the odd holidays often celebrated by humans... He is a shadow walker and a marksman. He spends much time in meditation at the Newcastle Abbey's shrine to Mystra (Goddess of Magic), and on patrol. (Chiv/Bushido/Stealth/Archer) Known for his ability to appear from nowhere and drop his opponents to the ground. Hated by some and loved by others.

G

I like my dexxer and mage almost equally at times I like one more than the other but mostly because if I run one of them to long I tire of it and then the other becomes my current favorite.

My dexxer is a different style than anything you have probably ever seen. I use the mark of travesty in the suit yet I still have all 70s I focus on lower mana cost vs mana regen and the skills are a bit off also. I only run 1/3 casting and less than max HCI its high but not max. The idea was to be able to mow down spawn easily and still be able to defend against players in a raid and it worked great in most situations. The skills are 120 tact anat weapon skill (can change it any time from a stone) 120 parry GM healing GM focus 80 chiv.

My mage is nothing more than a PvM powerhouse a very typical build with 120 mage med eval spirit speak necro and spellweaving. Good resists max lmc lrc mana regen and lower mana cost. Lots of SDI and a full set of slayer books in my pack it is great for PvM which was the purpose.

I also have a tamer I mostly use for the luck suit mass loot collection but really cant stand using.

I have a red I also enjoy a whole lot but is under going a suit and template change. The template will be nox necro fencer I will be using regs vs lrc suit because it will be more effective that way the necro is basically just backup I will mostly reply on my weapons to poison people with and such. I look forward to this character once its built.

I have an archer also which I will say is also a lot of fun but not really my favorite. Archery feels weird I suppose.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

My only character of note is Galen.

I tried to come back as someone else.....But then Galen popped up and said "wouldn't you rather play me?"

*chuckles*

He was originally an archer, and was one for many years. I associate archery with elves so I made him part elf and that explains part of his look and some of his character traits (the long memory, for example, and the stubbornness).

A lot of the rest of him came from in-game experiences.

He's a swordsman now, and I came to that because I decided that if I was going to come back to this genre, it should be as a swordsman, because that's where all the romance in the fantasy genre is.

-Galen's player

G

I have played my main char Omnicron from day one. He has been every template under the sun. He was a macer at the start when war hammers were the best wep in the game imo...that was waaaaayyyyy pre aos. He then became a lumberjack pk, then mage, then faction thief, then back to lumberjack pk, to a dp fencer, then switched to swords, back to fencer, back to swords but with ninja, then back to pure dp swords cause of nerf to ninja, now hes a running shot dp swordsman...

lol alot of temp changes with that char.

U

uo addict

Now it's my 9 year old legendary Mage, Lane. He used to be a nox scribe mage, and I hardly played him except to make spell books until I decided to try SpellWeaving and Necromancy. He now has so many spells to choose from that he is the most fun and the only one I've been playing lately. Some Atlantic players may remember him summoning earth ellies for people to spar with just outside the GZ in Moonglow for hours on end while the thieves picked them clean. Summoning for hours and hours was the only way to GM magery then (very expensive with no LRC suits), and GM mages were few and far between, so I consider him to be truly legendary.

G

My most favorite was Terraseer. His template started out in the early days as a Swordsman/Healer/Mage. I then created a second Terraseer and made him into a Paladin and the original in a pure Mage.

He evolved and became a Stealth Mage, which is so fun to play (pvm)!

I got his name from Arthindol the Terraseer who was an Archwizard from Netheril in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Little knew he was actually a Liche imposing as an Archwizard. (Even I didn't know when I created him in UO as it wasn't published until recent years). After I found that out, I created another named Arthindol and made him a Necromancer. I never did get very far into that character though.

Overall, the Terraseer Stealth/Mage has been my most played and most enjoyable character. Only rivaled by my other mage/stealther, Elminster Aumar and my tamer Orvago. Yes, I love mages, magic, and spells! Animals too!

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail &amp; Hiyas Friends,

Oh My, this IS indeed a difficult question.

Elladan, I have played the longest. He is a Half-Elven Paladin who achieved GM Healing and Magery BEFORE there were Soulstones, only to turn both of those skills downward to tweak his existing template. He was also a GM Miner, and those points also reduced away. Now he is a Legendary Paladin &amp; Legendary Armsman. He is a descendant of Elladan, son of Elrond of Middle Earth lore.

Darius (Dar) is pure elf. Legendary Tamer, Ranger, Veterinarian &amp; Mage. His name is one of duality, Nickname Dar taken from the Beastmaster, and Darius Laerathian from a proud Elven house.

Moses, Ancient Scribe.

Methuselah, full Bard/Mage and Peacer of Worlds.

Aerowyne Faeryn, Princess of an Ancient Elven house, Huntress of the Bow.

Bilbo, still trying to refine his template.

Glorfindel Inglorion, High Elf of Sword &amp; Bow

My stealther who walks the lands unseen.

Auric Drago, once an Ancient Golden Dragon, snatched from the skies by unknown magic; yet he vows one day to break this spell and soar again. This is one of my favorite characters to role play.

So many others.

I do love this virtual world. To me, it was NEVER "just a game."

Elladan of Baja

G

My favor is the name I use here.

Born on LS back in 1999, brought over to Sonoma in 2004.

<blockquote><hr>

Animal Lore 108.3 108.3
Animal Taming 102.5 102.5
Evaluating Intelligence 100.0 100.0
Magery 100.0 100.0
Meditation 100.0 100.0
Veterinary 100.0 100.0
Magic Resistance 64.3 64.3

Str 122 122
Dex 35 35
Int 128 128

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Hail: Sir Steals A Lot. Just as you have people running around today looking for IDOC's, I used to run around to find people macroing unattended, and take all their stuff.

When i would Rob people at the bank, or take that item they just bought off a vendor, and they would say, "Why did you Rob me"? I would just reply back, "Look at my Name, what did you expect to happen"? hehehe.

I

imported_Farsight

My favorite for team play is my spellweaving mage (mage/med/EI/wrestle/resist/spellweaving). I like to be able to keep everyone on screen healed in addition to having quite a nice offensive punch.

My favorite for alone time is my necro-macer (sometimes in vampire, sometimes in wraith form). It's just darn hard to kill that guy.

My favorite role play character is my minstrel, who is also my oldest active character. If I play UO, she's guaranteed to get some play time.

The most fun that was ever ruined by a patch was my disarm thief way back in 2000. I don't think I've had as much fun in UO since then, and the thief community was amazing and friendly (to each other, anyway). I understand WHY they thought it neccessary to take PvP stealing effectively out of the picture, but it still pissed me off.

I

imported_Prince Erik

That's a toughie.. I like many here play differently and with different characters depending on my mood.
So, tossup between :

- Legendary Peace/Tamer
- Stealth/Ninja/Mage/Spellweaver
- Vamp/Sammy/Pally/Macer
- Legendary Smith/Tailor

I have many other combos but these are my favorite. For pure gold farming, nothing beats a peace tamer imho and I like going out and trying for that elusive blaze cu.. I also, if you can believe it, turned in enough dragons and drakes to the zoo to get the 800,000 special reward statue AND I have 580,000 points left in reserve. That was a lot of dragons...

My go anywhere character is my stealth/mage with 110 spell weaving and enough Ninjitsu to transform into llama form so I can stealth more quickly. It is by far my best doom character and a perfect choice for most peerless hunts. He's a perfect scout!

My Vamp Sammy is just pure fun to play. Point, click, evade, lightning strike ftw. He's VERY hard to kill and there's something about killing a Balron with a club that is just fun.

My oldest character is my Smith/Tailor craftsman. I maintain a small shop that has been in the same place since the day Trammel opened (Before that outside the Fel Yew abby... ugh). It will sound strange to the adrenol pumping pvp crowd to know that there are people out there who find 2 hours of mining relaxing after a hectic day of executive meetings.

If I had to pick one, I'd quit since I can do almost anything with just those four characters, but not everything with just one of them.

-P.E.

D

dsnchanted395

My Vamp Sammy is just pure fun to play. Point, click, evade, lightning strike ftw. He's VERY hard to kill and there's something about killing a Balron with a club that is just fun.

If I had to pick one, I'd quit since I can do almost anything with just those four characters, but not everything with just one of them.

lol that is true... i have fun on my pally with my parrying i like to walk up tot he biggest ugly i can find and just sit there and parry them to death!

i think i am on my way to having the dream main acct. i have Rouge my pure crafter 120 tailor smith gm mining, tink and carp, 50 music and the rest is in magery so i can get around when i need to, my mage tamer with music and peace able to be soulstoned so i can used my 120 eval when i need it, Renegade legendary armwoman with almost 120 parry, Lisha Rebel the nox mage I haven't worked on in ages, Madeline who is a sad lil char i need to decide what to do with, currently holding gm hiding and stealth... going to be a thief i think, and my namesake dsNchanted... pure mage/scribe. i love my account and can do just about anything i want to with it.