• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your favorite resource to buy/resell?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What is your go to resource to buy on one NPC vendor and resell to another NPC?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bottles , arrows, apples. check everything. Vendor locations. Find a rune library with the complete set.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can alot of money be made by doing this? I did it once years ago with ingots and made a few hundred k but the time spent vs the cash made kinda ruined it for me. There are ways to make a ton of gold in this game and since then i never really considered this option again. Try this thread.
How can I make money in UO 2017/2018?
I posted one of my money making schemes there and there are alot of really good advice as to make cash in game there.
LOL i just noticed that you started the thread i linked to.. HAHA.. Oh well ill leave this up for other people.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. I used to do ingots from the random Gypsy spawns' Iron Workers in Ilshenar, to the blacksmiths in Luna, if the prices get too high. If I knew people were shopping for ingots for themselves in Ilshenar, I'd wait until they were not on and the vendors reset. If there's a Vagabond, I would do the same with gems and the jeweler.
  2. Back when I used to have access to a lot of cheap gold skulls, I'd load up a giant beetle and its rider with bandages, then go to Doom and sell down the bandages. If the gold weight put you overweight, it would put a check in your bank. It probably works better with the new bank system because you can't max out your bank item count with checks that way, like what used to happen. Plus, these days I could use my tamer and his 5-slot beetle to do the rooms.
  3. Depending on the cost of arrows and bolts on Nix, I'd repeat the process with them after I was done getting the bandages back down to default price.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think reselling works like it use to. I can definitely be wrong on this. Didn't they put a timer on reselling goods to the same NPC? And a limit to the amount of items an NPC would buy from you resource wise?

Its been several years since i tried.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think reselling works like it use to. I can definitely be wrong on this. Didn't they put a timer on reselling goods to the same NPC? And a limit to the amount of items an NPC would buy from you resource wise?

Its been several years since i tried.
The buy price goes up on an NPC when you buy again and the sell price drops.. It soon gets non profitable.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remeber doing this in the past. I also remember a publish the Developers did to make it harder for the script kiddies.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The harsher bit was about 12-15 years ago, and got walked back a bit about 10 years ago, because the NPCs weren't resetting as often as they did in the early days, and prices for some things got obscene.