• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your best Bane dragon

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show your top bane dragon you´ve tamed so far. I´ll begin with mine [europa]

Pet Power Calculator: 4,4 (4,2) Ultimate resistances, lacks a bit of skill :-/

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show your top bane dragon you´ve tamed so far. I´ll begin with mine [europa]

Pet Power Calculator: 4,4 (4,2) Ultimate resistances, lacks a bit of skill :-/

Duncan - that bane you have is amazing - 1 point shy of max resists! I wouldn't worry about the skills as all will max out at 100. Fully trained, your bane will be a 4.5 rated pet (based off the calculator).

See your bane is going to send me back to the abyss and bane farming. I was happy with my 4.2 rated draggy, but I now have a new goal!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's one helluva bane...

This is my best so far. Hoping to improve, but not having much luck. But hey, I think I've got the first screen shot posted of a fully trained one... :)

J

[JD]

mine after taming was:

hits: 647
str: 520
int: 133
phys 69
fire 50
cold 38
poi 59
enrg 31

everything else will train to caps... 3.8 on the calc, i was surprised it wasnt higher

L

Luke Carjacker

JD, the taming calculator is very heavily weighted toward resists. While I think it is an excellent tool, I actually don't believe it's necessarily a great indicator of what makes the best pet.

For example, on GDs, the taming calculator severely undervalues high skills in wrestling, tactics and magery, which anyone that regularly hunts with a GD knows the value of. In PvP, balanced resist are sometimes more important than ultimate values (like one low resist can blow the whole deal); and physical and fire resists are certainly more important than the others because weapons naturally tend towards physical damage, while a large number of combat spells do fire damage.

Depending on the pet, some stats are more important than others. For example, high Str will show it's value in a lot of different situations. On the other hand, high int/mana is nearly pointless for non-spellcasting pets and should have zero weight in determining pet competency.

Back to the subject of this thread, this is my best:
Hits: 643
Stam: 125
Mana: 128

Physical: 70
Fire: 45
Cold: 45
Poison: 60
Energy: 38

Almost fully trained with just a few points of magery to go.

O

Old Man of UO

Taming a good bane dragon isn't that hard - finding a great one seems impossible!

The best I have just bonded this morning.
626 HP
113 Dex
131 Mana
Resists 69 / 47 / 40 / 58 / 40

Still looking for a better one.

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay after i posted my last one , i realized he wasnt very good so i set out again and i found this one. they are beside each other to compare, i wanted better resists but o well, the strength , hits, and intelligence blow all others way outta the water...

Attachments

Traumatized

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After about 4 hours of farming this guy was the best I found, which happend to the the very first one that I saw lol. Couldnt get one with close to these stats. got a few with high hp and slightly lower str but no int.