• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your armour has been disabled

Z

Zyon Rockler

I don't know if this idea has been through the ringer as far as balance but I was wandering if they could make it so you can disable pieces of armour.

Maybe a 2 handed weapon if by chance it hits for its' maximum damage or some type of special it could disable a piece of armour for a temporary period of time.

Kind of like macing used to be, where it would break the armour, only instead the armour would be disabled. This might help with 2 handed weapon popularity and make them more fun to use.

Also, why don't 2 handed weapons have more range? Like 2 or 3 tile or do they actually have the ability to hit someone 2 or 3 tiles away.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disagree on disabling of armour, I think it sounds stupid. No offense.

I agree that some weapons should have longer range.

Bardiche, Halberd, Ornate Axe, Spear, Quarter Staff, Bladed Staff, Lance, etc. Those should be two tile weapons.

S

Stupid Miner

Eh, doesn't sound too bad to me, could be interesting. One piece at a time, at best.
Depending on the time it could be overpowered or useless.

Oh, and definitely to the Polearm range.

Z

Zyon Rockler

One of the interesting things it could do is challenge ppl to create suits that over the caps of 70 resis. so when a piece of armour becomes disabled they have resis to compensate for the loss. Also, lower regeant could be lowered when the armour becomes disabled, causing you to use arcane, regs, etc...

B

Beer_Cayse

Not bad but I'd rather have macing destroy armor again.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will be real crazy. But what's up with dexers needing more than they are already given? AI for instance...

It makes a great idea also for mages, since armor shouldnt really mean **** to spells (this WAS part of the balance) and for the new players who cries that this is crazy... when UO came out armor never protected a player from spell damage. A skill (magic resist) did.