• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You may not loot this corpse

• Thread starter uo addict
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

uo addict

I'm getting You may not loot this corpse a lot, even where I was the sole damager. Why is this?

I

imported_Fran Fury

I only get that message with the lich and flesh golems because they are animates from the dark wisps.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

If your using UOA and double click the grey name that pops up for some reason it trys to loot the corpse of something that died on top or underneath the thing you did kill.

Make a macro for last object in UO and after clicking the name it will open the correct corpse.

G

I have gotten the message sometimes on the Dark Wisps, I thought it was because they were killed by one of the zerkers.

C

Connor_Graham

If you dismount then remount you'll be able to loot it. Happens to me all the time.

L

Locus_Ceruleus

LORD_GOD, you were spot on with your suggestion. thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had on all my characters for years, a UO macro that I call the "swissarmy Knife" macro.

"Use Last Object
Last Target"

It can be used to repeat digs mining, repeat casts fishing, repeat attempts picking locks, repeat using scrolls from the same stack on the same target ...

and, most importantly, get into stacked corpses. IF I click once on what should be a lootable corpse, and get "You may not loot this corpse" or the message for a corpse one doesn't have rights to, I hit the macro, and it goes to the next corpse in the pile (and can go through all of them that I have rights to, with multiple uses), without having to muck with all-names or holding down CTRL-shift.