• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You make a better door....

“Why don't you just go over there?” Winny sat at the spindle with her hands dutifully feeding the cotton through. She didn't even look up at the young woman standing in front of the window.

“She's not even home,” came the reply from under the curtains.

“So you have been standing there watching all night.” The smirk was visible even without Reagan turning around to see it.

“Not ALL night.”

“Close enough.”

“I didn't ask you for your comments.”

“You didn't. You're getting them anyway.”

“Don't you have work to do?”

“I can work and talk at the same time.” Something Winny was proving as her hands dipped and moved across the spinning wheel.

“I'm your boss, not the other way around.”

“I'm older. Age before paycheck.”

Her fingers still on the curtains, Reagan gave an exasperated sigh and slipped out from in front of the window. “Fine, I'll go over.” She could all but hear Winny's chuckle as she closed the door behind her.

Last edited:
“I was sitting in the chair talking to a vampire. A *vampire*. They aren’t real.”

“You don’t believe in vampires but you ride a Unicorn. How’s that working for you so far?”

“I should have read that book Momma Bear gave me.”

She was awake and had been for a while. Her mind tried to reconcile pieces of information she’d gotten a few hours ago with conversations she’d had over the course of her nineteen years.

“You were raised in a bubble.”

“I wasn’t.”

“Were so.”

Her inner voice bounced between her thoughts, hashing and rehashing.

“You should get up.”

“And go where? Where would I go, once I got up?”

“Fine, lay there and whine like a little pancake.”

“I’ll get up.”

Forcing herself to open an eye, she gazed into room. Only a soft light illuminated the basement floor. At the foot of the bed Lilian sat quietly reading. She would almost swear the woman was taking note of her every whisper and movement.

“Feelin’ better lass?” Lilian kept her gaze on the book in her lap as she asked. Slowly Reagan pushed herself to the edge of the bed, resting her fists on the covers.

“Better. Yes, better. I think.”

“Splendid.” The book shut and Lilian finally turned to look at her. “It would be better if you stayed on the bed should you pass out again. I wouldn’t wish you to hit your head.” Reagan thought that over a moment. She really wasn’t sure if she should move or stay. Neither sounded appealing at the moment. And Neither would make her any less confused. Small talk, questions and answers, and more confusion passed the next hour or two before the rumble of her stomach interrupted them.

“I’ve kept you too long, I should go.” She moved to stand from her position.

“I’ll get you something to eat.” It was the strangest sensation, but sitting back down seemed like such a good idea. Five minutes later she couldn’t remember why she’d felt the need to sit back down. Hunger and that same confusion tugged at her insides. Lilian materialized on the teleporter, tray in hand and set it down on the bed before grabbing an apple and resuming her position on the chair. Various arrays of fruit, meat, cheese and a bottle of what Lilian called Mead as well as water were put before her. She started to take some but pulled back to watch the woman’s reaction.
“It’s all for you lass. Eat and drink as much as your stomach can hold.”

Reagan didn’t need to ask again. Hunger pure and unbridled raced through her. She shoveled the food in quickly and reached for the drink called mead to wash it down with. Spitting and starting to choke on it before finally managing to get some of it down her throat.

“I’ve never tried that before.”

“It is an alcoholic beverage infused with honey I believe. It takes a bit of getting used to.” Every response was laced with patience. As if she had all the time in world.

“She does. You don’t.” her inner voice chimed.

It seemed, that for the time being and in the Duchess’ absence, Reagan would be remaining at the Drakrul Estate. A vacation, Lilian had called it before exiting. A vacation complete with shadows that moved of their own volition. That was all it took for Reagan to be claimed once more by unconsciousness.

There was no time piece here, no way to mark the hours. Raising up, she glanced to the sleeping wolf next to her before sliding off the bed. Every movement she made seem to alert him but her bladder screamed at her for release. She loathed to do it, but having no other choice except to soil herself she grabbed the urn that had been brought in sometime during the morning, and gave the much needed relief. Watching her, the wolf raised his head and tilted it, his mouth hanging open with much tongue. Pulling her pants up just enough to cover her rump she moved to edge of the tub which took up at least half of the room.

“Surely they won’t mind if I wash away the stink?” she called to him, not that he could reply. Carefully she stripped off her clothes and set them on the edge of the tub before slipping into the water all the way up to her neck. A soft sigh of pleasure left her lips before she dunked herself completely under.

“You really needed this.”

“It does feel good.”

The bottles to the side were arranged by color and size. Carefully she opened each and gave a sniff. She recognized none of them but chose one of the larger ones to use so as not to take the whole supply. Ten minutes later she was clean, semi-dry, and reaching for her clothes when the wolf bound off the bed and snapped them up. His front paws out he bowed to her, wild enjoyment in his eyes.

“Give them back!” She lunged at the wolf, arm outstretched as he dodged and darted her advances. Drool soaked her leather as his tail, ever up, wagged playfully. Naked and damp, she hopped and twisted in an effort to grab her dirty garments from him but with no success. His eyes alight with playfulness, he bowed his head, fangs clenching the leather tightly and shook. She’d been at it with him for a while as he played keep away. Putting her whole body into it she leapt at him and tried to grab hold, laughter involuntarily escaping her as she rolled with him across the floor. He nearly equaled her in size and one would think that would make it easier to grab a hold of him. That was far from the truth as shimmied out of her arms and bounded up onto the teleporter leaving her in a naked heap on the floor, her wet hair tangled in a long mess around her.

Last edited: