• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You last visited: 02-12-2005 at 05:57 PM, Been a while!

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey people.

I used to play Europa from UOR onwards till about Samurai empire then left before Stigyn Abyss thing i think, not been here for a long time, been playing a freeshard thats UOR based for a month. But its pretty quiet and im after some fast paced pvp action. I get that im probably several expansions behind and probably many items(Last time i logged in i had most much needed artifacts (like ornament of mag etc) some decent 100% lrc armour(well for back then anyway!)

Is Europa a good busy pvp shard or am I better off doing these character transfer to somewhere more pvp based?

Glad to see stratics still going strong!

Thanks for any help

SeanOfNp/Jin/Balsapoisonner/Dante of Selune [NDK/Minax Europa]

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That has, indeed, been a while. Welcome back. :)

I think that you will like the Stygian Abyss expansion.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone explain to me what I need to be up to date? And where i can purchase? (Online/Store???)

Syrus, does Director of Content, is that for the board or OSI UO the game ??

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You'll need to head to the Origin store: Origin - Search Results. I think that you need to purchase the Stygian Abyss expansion, which should include all prior expansions (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In addition, you can buy the High Seas booster, but this is optional.

Regarding your second question, OSI no longer runs UO. Now UO belongs to Mythic, which belongs to BioWare, which belongs to EA. Stratics is no longer the official UO forums, but we maintain a relationship with the developers (especially our community coordinator, Airmid).

As Director of Content, my purview is all Stratics portals. Petra and Magdalene, the Stratics Forum Administrators, have purview over the boards. I just step in to break the boards occasionally. We're all volunteers with Stratics. (List of Senior Staff and MEs here: Stratics Forums - FAQ).

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, im currently downloading the Classic Client off the website as the Samurai empire client i have for the freeshards doesn't want to patch.

Thanks for all that info. Will reactivate my account and see where im at. I only really had pvp characters. (3 PKs on one account), is Felucca still a main facet for gaining of scrolls/items? Obviously champ spawns produced lots of pvp at the dawn of AoS. So if theres lots of that going on still i imagine i can find some action?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Okay, im currently downloading the Classic Client off the website as the Samurai empire client i have for the freeshards doesn't want to patch.

Thanks for all that info. Will reactivate my account and see where im at. I only really had pvp characters. (3 PKs on one account), is Felucca still a main facet for gaining of scrolls/items? Obviously champ spawns produced lots of pvp at the dawn of AoS. So if theres lots of that going on still i imagine i can find some action?
Yep. Spawns and the Yew gate, same as ever. The Abyss also has two new fel-only champs. Also, there's a new arena system that allows for more structured PvP.

I think that they've extended all pre-SA content to all users, regardless of expansion, which means you should have access to mondain's legacy, samurai empire, etc.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Syrus,

Where are the official fora if Stratics is no longer considered official?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There is not an official UO forum community. Mythic has an official community for WAR, but they continue to rely on unaffiliated fansites, such as Stratics, to get a pulse on the UO community.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Shaunus. I remember you. NDK were always fun to be around, if somewhat unpredictable. :)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember you aswell Petra, glad to see your doing well and still around.

Sounds like I best get that account re-activated and start learning the ropes again.

Anyone have an answer to the other question as to pvp/shard activity? Someone told me Europa is pretty quiet compared to say Atlantic? Someone even said to me atlantics pvp base is bigger than Europas was 8-9 years ago. Which is very hard to believe!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Atlantic is the biggest shard. Can't remember the last time I saw its Yew gate vacant. Of course, activity may vary depending on your time zone.

T

Tazar

Atlantic is by far the most populated server. If you are looking for lots of activity in all areas (PVP/PVM/RP), then it is probably your best bet. However, the larger population tends to have it's negatives as well such as larger gank-squads, fewer open PVM hunting places, etc.

For PVP though - Atlantic is the shard that many others transfer to when the activity on their home shard falls below expectations. Check out your ping to the shard and see what you think.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's pretty quiet, all the best pvpers jumped ship :( Those that are still around mostly hang out on UCH boards where civilised behaviour is not required. :D
You might find Mervyn and his 2.0 guys here occasionally.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the Fel side of our alliance probably has some of the players you'd know from UCH; Trammie and Malorin are the two that come immediately to mind. There's others too, Butters shows up every now and then, and another couple too. Not sure what our lot are up to atm, as real life will keep interfering with my game play, but feel free to yell for TMG in global chat and tell em I sent you if you like :)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all for your replies.

I some how managed to lose the downloads, now doing in firefox so i can find it when its done.

But i have run into a snag.

I've reactivated my UO account subscription using the EA Account manager thing. But unlike the old management center from Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online | Play the 14-Day Free Trial! this one doesn't have an "Account Password Forgotten?" button. For my actual game account.

So i can't log into the game im now paying for! Ohhh silly things like this from past are creeping back from memory. Do'h.

Ive tried calling EA cust services and i just sat on hold for 30 mins before giving up, didn't even get to speak to a person. I've e-mailed through EA manager for a game master to contact me, but i am not expecting much in the way of a response tbh.

Anyone had to do this before?

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so im in, ive found some players offering advice and help in form of 2.0 guild.

Still confused as hell though, turns out my rather epic items from yesteryear are now rather ****e lol. Nevermind, all a new learning curve!

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, should UO patch everytime the first few times it gets opened?? Its doing another huge patch and its already patched on the first time i opened it??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not if it fully patched the first time. I'm not sure what patch number CC is on now.
Not entirely sure how you'll get on with 2.0. They're not the same calibre as NDK were, but I'm sure you'll soon find your feet.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay! thanks Petra.

I'll see how I get on hehe! Who knows perhaps ill end up going at it solo. I love a challenge hehe! On the first run up, i got all chars to one place, went and placed a new house. Im missing loads of things though that may have been locked down in house (soulstones with skills, artifacts etc)! Nevermind!

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, interesting read hehe.

UO is still patching after downloading UOAssist. Can't believe its patching for this long on 2nd startup? Been easily an hour. Its not going through it slow either from the looks of things!