• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] You have been inactive too long...

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I am running an EC macro to work on Mysticism while editing reports on my second monitor. I am here, completely legit and monitoring, rearming my macro... and I keep getting this message even though I am casting. I'll stop the macro casting and meditate, but generally not moving.

The "You have been inactive too long..." message pops up and says I will get disconnected in one minute if I don't do something... I'VE BEEN CASTING the whole time! LOL

The last series the first message came up in about 5 minutes. Next message after an additional ~11 minutes, and the last one after ~24 minutes. I click on the acknowledgment, but the last time it disconnected me anyway. Sometimes it disconnects me after the first message even though I acknowledge it the message.

I also get this message while healing my pet if I am working on its skills. If I don't move then it wants to log me out. I shouldn't HAVE to move... I AM doing something.

I know this is an anti-macro feature, but it needs a bit of tweaking, PLEASE.

F

Fink

Reloading the interface, or toggling your paperdoll or backpack seems to refresh your activity status. The paperdoll doesn't seem to close your open containers or bankbox, so it's less disruptive. For some reason acknowledging the warning gump doesn't refresh you, which is counter-intuitive. You can still time out if you don't do anything else besides clicking the gump.

These actions all seem to stall macros, too, so you can't write a Command script into your training macro that toggles your paperdoll or something. I think one of the mods had the "you see" messages which I'm told is what keeps Classic from going idle, but I don't know if it does the same for EC.

I find this who refreshing thing very irritating, especially if I have to go take a phonecall or something. I come back to find I've missed a trade opportunity or a part of the conversation because I was logged out, or my sale pets are all on top of my avatar & I have to rearrange them, or some other inconvenience. I don't play UO to engage in non-stop frenetic activity, I play it to relax. I don't want to be pestered every few minutes. It's not as if the login server or shards are exactly burdened with overpopulation so I don't understand the issue with being idle.

O

Old Man of UO

IRONIC...

I found that if the UO client window is minimized and the computer is set to not go into screen save mode, the inactive warning message does not come up.

So, if I run an EC macro while watching my computer like a good 'lil boy, it boots me out. But if I minimize it and run the macro "unattended" it lets it run indefinitely...

Please tell me how this makes sense?