• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You guys werent kidding

J

JRedbeard

Wow,

Been back a week or so, havent mined a crazy amount but id say ive brought in maybe 15k ingots... not 1 valorite spot discovered yet.

You guys werent kidding.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the ingot market.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Valorite has already gone from an average of 70gp per to 100gp or more. I foresee it going even higher.

I've been mining quite a bit lately to fulfill my blacksmith's training needs. I'm not mining much valorite at all. I'm using prospector's tools but not Gargoyle's picks.

G

the more dangerous the place the better it seems to find the higher ends ores. It all comes down to ore mining management and a willingness to go into the dungeons and hard to reach places to find it. Plus the use of Prospector tools and Gargoyle picks and being able to fight the ellies for their ore! I find it easy to get about 800 val ingots a day.

G

Why should a player be forced to be a fighter?

Is there not any room for non-combat characters in this game? There are times that I do not want to fight anything. Its one reason that I have a tailor and a blacksmith. I am not asking for there to be no risk in getting my ingots. But I should not be forced to go to the orc caves for example to fight orc brutes to get shadow ore.

Thats one of the main problems introduced into UO over the last years, they give crafters better things to produce, but then they require you to fight for them. Obivous example peerless ingredients. Systems like this should be doable be fighter and non-fighter types.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One could make the case that, if they were doable by non-combat types, such methods would be flooded by dozens of scripters per shard, to the possible point of locking the legit people out (using a combat example, imagine if Mel could be done by a lone scripter? - it would be a miracle for a real hunt to get in).

Blacksmiths and surface Miners (which is what we are, given we can't make new shafts into the mountains with our digging) historically are supposed to be big brawny types, often prone to fighting and well able to use their tools as weapons.

The beauty of UO is we don't HAVE to follow such a template, but the downside is that by doing so, we limit our mining options. One can't be good at everything. The inventor of denim jeans was a tailor in SF that FAILED at gold mining, after all...

But there are things a non-combat miner can do.

1. They can use a prospector's tool for elevating ore one step (required to get dull copper in any appreciable amount, anyway, given the sheer number of DC BODs people at 110 and 120 smithing are getting now). There's no danger there.

2. They can get a tamer friend to get them a fire beetle, then after it bonds, dig up a shadow elemental, and have the tamer train vet on the beetle to keep it alive as it trains. This increases your survival, by having it guard you. My fire beetle, barely at tamed stats (it keeps chasing elder gazers and Cyclops in Ilshenar before I can call it back), can kill ogres and ettins, as long as I hit it with a close wounds or two. A fully trained one can probably take any of the normal elementals other than the two immune to pets (shadow & valorite, but make sure you heal it with spells against a copper), so it can be used in conjunction with a garg pick at most spots.

3. Add a little chivalry, via equipment if need be (you can get to 40 with Luna Lance, +15 ring and +15 bracelet - add 25 real and you can 100% sacred journey). You can use it to travel, heal, remove poison, and refresh stamina. While Chivalry is combat-oriented, it has many advantages for a miner (especially one without combat skill).
a. It uses tithing, so the regs don't take up your room for ore, nor do bandages;
b. Divine Fury can be used to walk while overloaded, by repeated use every time stamina bottoms out (no need for refresh pots or waiting for stam regeneration);
c. It uses LRC too, but all or nothing. so a 100% LRC suit still lets you go with only about 20-30 in your tithe pool (but even with LRC I'd keep 1000 in for emergencies);
d. close wounds can be used at about the same distance as Vet, to heal your packies or beetle, not just yourself.

4. Let your surroundings be your ally.
a. The lazy way of mining with gargoyle picks is in a guard zone, so that if you get an elemental you can't handle, you have the guards kill it. This is possible in Cove, Delucia, Umbra (you can mine the banks of the moat, not just the mountain), and possibly a few other sites - anywhere those little humps of rock stick out of the ground in 2D. Before Haven blew up (and therefore before ore became random), several of the humps of that type were in Haven BY THE BANK, and produced valorite with a gargoyle pick on Lake Austin. If the guards kill the ele, you don't get the ore on it, but at least you get the elevated ore. In other locations, someone else might just kill it, and leave you the ore, if you're lucky.

b. Another option is to be positive karma (which there are means to gain karma other than combat), and mine in areas with heavy blue spawn. For example, much of the area from east of Spirituality, to northwest of Sacrifice, in Ilshenar. If you get an elemental, have it follow you into the Oaks spawn, the woods with pixies, Lakeshire/Mireg, or the healer grove (or for that matter, go mine in the twisted weald, surrounded by the spawn). The blues will attack the elementals, and NON-tames/non-summons CAN hurt a shadow or valorite elemental. Let them kill the elemental, and you get to loot the elemental AND anything it killed! I once took a backseat, after getting a paragon valorite elemental, and watched it fight a paragon meer eternal. Damn, what a fight. (unfortunately about half-way through, the eternal used its area attack that kills just about any character on screen when it happens, and I finished the fight watching as a ghost, before running to the nearby healers for a rez
). There are areas similar to these, though smaller, in Malas, where you can mine the edges of the landmass near pixies, ki-rin and unicorns, if you don't wish to risk paragons.

5. If you're already using magery instead of chivalry, you can use mage weapons for self defense instead, bolstering mage skill with jewelry.

6. A reason for Humanity. It's amazing what one can do with the human Jack of all Trades, if you have Mondain's Legacy. You get some med & focus, limited combat skill, and the ability to be a wiz at using mage scrolls. A Human with 0 real magery can cast 5th circle scrolls successfully about 27% of the time. That means that even a non-combat human can go offensive with Blade spirits scrolls (since summons don't require eval). They can also use 4th circle scrolls (recall, greater heal, arch cure) about 75% of the time. Combine this with other tactics, and it's amazing what a "non-combat" character can kill.

G

Thats nice good for you, you can use the "well it would be easy to script" arguement for just about anything.

You wish to play a crafter that can fight.

I wish to play and role play a crafter that justs crafts, he has no fighting skills. He is solely focused on his craft (as a real life blacksmith would have devoted his lifetime to his craft) now yes I had to add mining into him, so he is not a true life blacksmith, but this is only a game.

I did not give any specific examples of how to include non-fighters in peerless ingreidents, because that is a totally different topic. But heck why not a 2% or 5% chance when you turn in a blacksmith bod (just for example), instead of gold you might get a peerless ingreident? You will most likely say no because then it lowers to price for peerless regs gotten through combat. So what? how long has ML been out? A few years now? Supposably everyone has every arty/peerless drop etc, so it should not matter. But I still see captured essence is 600k on my home shard, if you can find it on a vendor.

Point is I would like a chance (not a gaurantee) to earn them somehow, I do not care if the chance is only 1%, it would still give a non-combat player something to strive for. Just like putting the chocolate ingredients on paragons. Ok fine, so combat characters can get them. How about a few quest(s) from a npc baker for baked goods with the chance to get chocolate ingredients? Make it so you can only do these quest like twice a week or someway to make the quest give the ingredients at about the same drop level/rate as combat. Oh, by the way, you can script paragons for these chocolate ingredients. I seen people do it. Just like people scripted for the Treasures of Tokuno events (1 & 2).

My whole point is their are people that play UO as non-combative players, they should have a chance to play as they wish. Thats what UO says is one of its greatest strengths. That you have no classes, no leveling. You can set up your character anyway you wish. You did not have to be a combat miner (hunting elementals, when they were introduced for your colored ingots), if you like doing that, great! your play style is supported.

If combat is not your style, with the resource changes you do not have a choice anymore. You have to be a combat miner. You want me to play to your style.
I have never used a packie, blue beetle, or fire beetle. I already use garg pickaxes and prospectors tools. I have been a blacksmith for along time, in fact I was a gm before you could recycle armor/weapons, I was not here at launch but I was close. Why can not my style be supported too?

I only saw heavy scripting for colored ingots/woods (though I am sure there were some people ther are always greedy people) when they were added into the collections (library/museum), until then what was scripted was iron ingots, cause there is always a need for them.

I "worked" my butt off "prospecting" for different colored ore spots for years.
I had a full book for every color except valorite. I never had trouble getting ingots. But I also did not abuse my findings, nor did I share my spots. To use your real world example I found gold, I logged my claim, but I sure as heck was not going to share that location with anyone else except the government claims office. I give you an UO example since colored ores have been in the game, I have only mined up about 80,000 valorite ingots, period. Because I have never gotten a valorite bod yet. (large or small, just rng bad luck) so I have never used any that I have mined, except I made a full plate suit just for the color (this was before element resists, when we still had the ar system). So I know nearly exactly how many valorite ingots I have gotten. I do not feel I abused my valorite spots. Abuse ran rampant with the collections, take colored ingots/woods off those and watch these return to those who just use them for crafting and enhancing. Once you get rid of the amount of the backstocked inventories. Those higher colors will be rare again.

Those players that complained that there was never any ore available because it was scripted are full of BS. They were lazy players that did not search out their own spots, more likely they bought a runebook with the most know/common sites. And the arguement that ore veins should run out because its not realistic is BS too. There are many mines/surface mining areas the world over that have been continuously mined for 1000s of years, that are still producing the same minerals year after year, decade after decade, century after century.

Have you actually looked at the prices for ingots, since the resource changes and these few bannings?
Prices of all ingots (not just the higher colors; agapite and up) have quadrupled at least on Lake Superior. DC on LS used to go for about 20-25 each now if you can find them on a vendor (the few I checked today) 1000 DC ingots are now 100,000, thats the price valorite used to go for, i do not want to know what its going for now.

UO is now a niche game wether EAMythic wants to admit that or not. It needs to retain every player and every playstyle possible. But thats just my 2 cents.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't that this the wrong way, but I understand where you're coming from on some things - but you aren't helping your case by making other statements in the same reply that ring as hollow as a bell.

<blockquote><hr>

Thats nice good for you, you can use the "well it would be easy to script" arguement for just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when it's TRUE. You don't want a mindless quest for anything that can be so easily repeatable. Quests for some of the rare ingredients would be great, if you could limit the quests to only those sitting at their computer. It's not a matter of protecting the market for the peerless fighters, it's a matter of regulating the use of illegal playstyles. If you ignore the diseased bark, which people GIVE to me because they don't want, I can count the fight-specific ingredients I've gotten on my fingers, with fingers left over.

<blockquote><hr>

You wish to play a crafter that can fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, less than half of what I suggested had anything to do with crafters that fight; the rest was means of a non-fighter to use the gargoyle picks in a way to still get the benefits with a lot less chance of dying.

<blockquote><hr>

I wish to play and role play a crafter that justs crafts, he has no fighting skills. He is solely focused on his craft (as a real life blacksmith would have devoted his lifetime to his craft) now yes I had to add mining into him, so he is not a true life blacksmith, but this is only a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't know anything about the history of smithing, do you? It was only in the last three or four centuries, that smiths didn't get their own ore personally (and yes, kept those spots to themselves). Prior to that, it was only some of the more labor-intensive ores that had large organized mines separate from the crafting profession (copper, that supplied for copper, brass and bronze smiths). Most rural blacksmiths tended to reuse scrap iron, or find small outcroppings of iron ore they'd go to as needed for ore, and dig personally, or had their children do the dirty work. While some town smith guilds had their iron ore brought in, it was typically stuff mined by the rural blacksmiths, and made it to town as part of their rent payments or tax payments (resold by the person that received them).

<blockquote><hr>

I did not give any specific examples of how to include non-fighters in peerless ingreidents, because that is a totally different topic. But heck why not a 2% or 5% chance when you turn in a blacksmith bod (just for example), instead of gold you might get a peerless ingreident? You will most likely say no because then it lowers to price for peerless regs gotten through combat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure like putting words in the mouths of others, don't you? I would LOVE to see other means that would provide the ingredients. The tricky part is doing so that it doesn't get abused. One of the most crippling things to occur to NON-scripting miners and leather gatherers happened because of GOLD scripters (the bag of sending changes) - and of course, that also affected the crafters - whether they were combat capable or not, whether they bought or acquired personally their raw materials. Your suggestion as a BOD reward would be good, but do it like the chance for a special colored anvil is now (small chance for a mid-range LBOD), with the reward usually being 5 of a random common ingredient, with a slight chance of one of the top-end ones. It would work really good, to replace all the 105/110 Powerscrolls for Tailors and smiths with these.

<blockquote><hr>

Point is I would like a chance (not a gaurantee) to earn them somehow, I do not care if the chance is only 1%, it would still give a non-combat player something to strive for.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN! BTW, they are going to be making plant resources for the chocolate ingredients in the next few publishes - already been stated, so I deleted that paragraph as not all that relevant. Chocolate will be doable without combat eventually, and anyone stupid enough to risk their account to get the ingredients, is wasting their time.

<blockquote><hr>

My whole point is their are people that play UO as non-combative players, they should have a chance to play as they wish....

If combat is not your style, with the resource changes you do not have a choice anymore. You have to be a combat miner. You want me to play to your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING. In fact, I went out of my way to list ways of dealing with the elementals that didn't involve combat. Elevating the sites with a gargoyle pick and/or a prospector tool has nothing to do with combat directly. The only worry is the eles, and I covered several means to avoid them (guard zones, letting the local spawn kill them for you, having a 0-taming-required pet defend you, etc.).

<blockquote><hr>

I have never used a packie, blue beetle, or fire beetle. I already use garg pickaxes and prospectors tools. I have been a blacksmith for along time, in fact I was a gm before you could recycle armor/weapons, I was not here at launch but I was close. Why can not my style be supported too?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't use pack animals or a fire beetle, then I guess you buy all your ingots, right? Because of that statement, I can't believe that you actually mine. Because, unless you're carrying around one of those old illegal forges, that means you'd be recalling to your house after EVERY spot you mined - sometimes making two or three trips per spot, mining in Fel. Remember, before ML, you could only fit 30 full-sized ore in your backpack. - and it's still only in the mid-40s with the larger packs. 40 ore is a below-normal spot in the good Fel mining areas.

<blockquote><hr>

I only saw heavy scripting for colored ingots/woods (though I am sure there were some people ther are always greedy people) when they were added into the collections (library/museum), until then what was scripted was iron ingots, cause there is always a need for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, because from almost day one of my becoming a miner, 5 years ago this month, I was constantly finding heaps of iron ore lying on the ground amost anywhere I mined, and kept having people recall in and out in front of me - even trying to mine the same colored ore I was working. This was before the collections - hell, for two years before the Fire beetle - and one one of the lowest-population shards. I've NEVER seen an iron ore mining scripter. It was only after ML that the iron piles disappeared, from all the people going through thousands of ingots scripting the library for the mace and shield glasses. In other words, the exact opposite of your scenario.

<blockquote><hr>

I "worked" my butt off "prospecting" for different colored ore spots for years.
I had a full book for every color except valorite. I never had trouble getting ingots. But I also did not abuse my findings, nor did I share my spots. To use your real world example I found gold, I logged my claim, but I sure as heck was not going to share that location with anyone else except the government claims office. I give you an UO example since colored ores have been in the game, I have only mined up about 80,000 valorite ingots, period. Because I have never gotten a valorite bod yet. (large or small, just rng bad luck) so I have never used any that I have mined, except I made a full plate suit just for the color (this was before element resists, when we still had the ar system). So I know nearly exactly how many valorite ingots I have gotten. I do not feel I abused my valorite spots. Abuse ran rampant with the collections, take colored ingots/woods off those and watch these return to those who just use them for crafting and enhancing. Once you get rid of the amount of the backstocked inventories. Those higher colors will be rare again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm having a hard time believing you. I've gone through about the same amount of valorite as you've mined, enhancing looted items, and crafting the occasional valorite item for friends - all of it personally mined. You sound more like an ingot hoarder, than a crafter, if you have not found SOME use for the ingots - or keep mining them when you don't have a use. Every miner I've personally known, if they aren't mining to sell, stop mining specific ores completely, if they get above 2-10k ingots of a specific type, and aren't using them for anything.

By the way, I prospected my own sites too - between a set of books I recovered from an IDOC (where someone had done the same) during the great housing sweep (about the only way a person like me could go to a house fall, was to have 20 fall at once to distract the pros) and my own, I had 1 book for gold, 2 for every other type - all of which were rendered near-useless by the changes.

<blockquote><hr>

Those players that complained that there was never any ore available because it was scripted are full of BS. They were lazy players that did not search out their own spots, more likely they bought a runebook with the most know/common sites. And the arguement that ore veins should run out because its not realistic is BS too. There are many mines/surface mining areas the world over that have been continuously mined for 1000s of years, that are still producing the same minerals year after year, decade after decade, century after century.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, I can agree on, wholeheartedly. There was no reason to go to such rapid changes in ore type. A small chance once a year I might understand (for every 100 year mine, there are hundreds that played out within a couple years), but not day to day.

<blockquote><hr>

Have you actually looked at the prices for ingots, since the resource changes and these few bannings?
Prices of all ingots (not just the higher colors; agapite and up) have quadrupled at least on Lake Superior. DC on LS used to go for about 20-25 each now if you can find them on a vendor (the few I checked today) 1000 DC ingots are now 100,000, thats the price valorite used to go for, i do not want to know what its going for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - with the new BOD changes, I'm getting 10x more DC BODs than I can mine the ingots for. But, DC hadn't been under 30 on Lake Austin for 2 years, and I can't even FIND an ingot vendor anymore (other than my Guildmaster, who puts his extras for the day, in lots under 1000 ingots, on a vendor in his house).

We agree on a LOT more than you think - but you seem to be getting a lot ofthings out of my words that I just didn't say, and have made some observations that to me sound like someone saying "I know it's white because it's pitch black". The claim that you carry all your ore in your pack, never using a packy, doesn't help, either.

G

Why should I be forced to play a Bod runner just to get a Val Hammer. I should be able to go out and kill a Valorite ellie and find a Valorite hammer on it if you want Peerless Ingreds from Bods.

G

I do not use a packie/beetle/fire beetle because they still tend to run and attack everything.

to me a fire beetle is just as big of a cheat as the bugged portable forge is/was
I do not like they way they look, they just personally creepy, so I choose not to use them.

Maybe after the animal ai changes this will be better. and I might get a pack horse then.

And yes I carried all my ore, actually I just started mining at one spot and strip mined along the mountain, walking the iron ore as I went. Carrying colored ore, until I was full or finding a house with an open forge. Its not hard, its still the method I usually use, though there are a lot less open forges than there used to be.

And as far just getting colored ore, when I was just looking for say bronze, I would leave the iron behind, you do not really need a packie when you just carrying one color and even if I did hit my weight limit, just pop back home either drop off/smelt and recall back to my last spot.

As far as valorite ingots go, you can believe me or not. For sometime, I got into stonecrafting, most people I sold to wanted shadow or valorite colored stone items. So I would get and order for say 5 large valorite tables, I go out mining for stone, since you can not just select stone, I took the ore too. I have enhanced the rare piece here or there with valorite(I might have used 1k of ingots), but mostly people wanted things enhanced with gold to complete their luck suits (again at least on my shard).

With the changes to resources making any type of decent number of stone items in any decent amount of time is nearly impossible. My last order was after the resources changes and it was for 5 large tables (45 stones if I do not fail) what used to take me (lets say 1 day,I would ask people to give me one day to fill the order). It took me 3 weeks to fill that order even with prospector tools and garg pickaxes, the drop rate? for stone was never high anyway versus colored ore rate. This was the last time I took my blacksmith/miner out.

I have never bought a single ingot. I only have one blacksmith/miner and since the introduction of colored ores I have been saving and I use them for bod fills and the very, very ocassional enhancement for friend and guildmates.

"You really don't know anything about the history of smithing, do you? It was only in the last three or four centuries, that smiths didn't get their own ore personally (and yes, kept those spots to themselves)." I guess I want to play a semi-modern blacksmith then.

they are going to be making plant resources for the chocolate ingredients in the next few publishes - already been stated, so I deleted that paragraph as not all that relevant. Chocolate will be doable without combat eventually, and anyone stupid enough to risk their account to get the ingredients, is wasting their time.

yup I saw this but is it not just cocoa trees? meaning you would still need to get sugar and vanilla from paragons? Or were there other plants?

Strange, because from almost day one of my becoming a miner, 5 years ago this month, I was constantly finding heaps of iron ore lying on the ground amost anywhere I mined, and kept having people recall in and out in front of me - even trying to mine the same colored ore I was working. This was before the collections - hell, for two years before the Fire beetle - and one one of the lowest-population shards. I've NEVER seen an iron ore mining scripter. It was only after ML that the iron piles disappeared, from all the people going through thousands of ingots scripting the library for the mace and shield glasses. In other words, the exact opposite of your scenario.

I do not know maybe it varys from shard to shard, I can only speak for LS and players that I knew scripted (few that I kill fel side and some that actually have talked about it in-game because frankly most of them that I have met finally in game even when I informed them that I was reporting them. They really do not care about getting caught), it was mostly for iron but there are always those greedy people in every game and in real life. Until again when collections came in, only for my shard, then many of these same scripters went for the quick bang points wise. And the large rewards, that could be turned and sold for a large price.

I was not trying to put words and anyone mouth, but that is the usual agrument I get from most players when I suggest people not having to engage in combat to get resources. That there be multiple methods even if my non-combat chances are less than 5% chance versus a combat drop.

G

why would a valorite hammer be on an elemental? You want to say maybe colored elementals should have a chance at the rare gems on them? Okay I can go with that.

but would not a blacksmith have a chance to have on hand ingredients to create the items you can craft?Say for example; a cold forge blade needs 1 grizzled bone, 10 taint, 10 blight. I am not saying you would get enough to make this blade, using bod turn in as an example there would be a small % chance that you could get 1 and only 1 (either 1 bone, 1 taint or 1 blight not one of each) and in exchange for this 1 ingredient you would not get anything else from the blacksmith (no gold, no pof, no anvil, nothing)

G

If you want Peerless resources giving out in different ways then its only fair to have BOD rewards giving out in different ways too. And you know what The Devs have already done that! It was called Blackrock turn in.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The four ingredients are:
Cocoa Butter &amp; Cocoa Liquor: Both are extracts of the bean of the Cocoa plant.
Sugar: Refined cane or beets
Vanilla: Also the product of a plant.

I'm hoping that all three show up, with some more plants, and you know, I've never done plant growing in the game.

And, hopefully you've been reading the pet AI thread on U.Hall - looks like they are finally gonna do something about the packies chasing things.
I never really worried about the packies doing that, before I got my fire beetle, because usually I would use a blue beetle, and it tended to live long enough for me to mount it, and kill what it was attacking. When it did die, I just unloaded it behind a bush a few steps from the corpse, where you needed the circle of transparency to see what was there, and either got a rez for it, or made sure the place was clear of spawn, and used a pet ball for my pack horse to haul the stuff back while I waited for the rez.

And, lately, I've been making a bit of a haul, in terms of colored stone. Some people believe the urban legend, long proved false, that you get more gems mining for stone, and are leaving all kinds of colored stone for me to pick up.

These days, you got to be opportunistic just to make ends meet (especially when training characters).

C

ChWalker

<blockquote><hr>

My whole point is their are people that play UO as non-combative players, they should have a chance to play as they wish. Thats what UO says is one of its greatest strengths. That you have no classes, no leveling. You can set up your character anyway you wish. You did not have to be a combat miner (hunting elementals, when they were introduced for your colored ingots), if you like doing that, great! your play style is supported.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your playstyle of a non-combative player is supported. No one tells you that you have to go for the higher end items/ingredients. You know the risk involved and what is required to get them so you can make the decision of how bad you want them versus keeping a non-combative playstyle.

I know that in Fel you get more resources but since I don't want to go to Fel (I don't want to die) I stay out of there yet I don't sit in Tram and cry that I should have a chance to get the same amount of resuources in Tram just because I don't want to go to Fel.

I accept the fact that my char is limited by the choices that I have made and not by the game itself.

<blockquote><hr>

I did not give any specific examples of how to include non-fighters in peerless ingreidents, because that is a totally different topic. But heck why not a 2% or 5% chance when you turn in a blacksmith bod (just for example), instead of gold you might get a peerless ingreident?

[/ QUOTE ]

So can I have 2% or 5% chance of getting a DOOM arti just from fighting in any dungeon??

G

As far as mining, yes when I do mine, I mine in Fel. Feel free to drop by LS and kill my miner if you can find him. I do not care about dying. This is not a fel/tram argument.

What I would like is having multiple ways of obtaining items.
for both combat and non-combat characters.

for example: a short list and by no means a completed list:

white pearls right now only from fishing add a random chance for them to be on sea serpents and water elementals on the ocean

add chance for the other mined up gems (dark sapphire, fire ruby, etc) to spawn on colored elementals

add quests by npc bakers for a chance to get chocolate ingreidents.

while still keeping the ways these items are obtained now.

Is that so hard to see?

What is/was the drop rate of arty in doom? I mean before the change? Since now it is on a point system and you will get one eventually?

I read on this forum and others nearly everyday that people are bored that there is nothing to do.

Why not give them differnet whys to achieve things in game?

Just trying to stimulate discussion on the game.