• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

you finally did it

I

imported_Mr. Sly

WoW free acct? i was actually asking myself is he really this much of a nooblet...i now longer have to wonder.

I

imported_Mr. Sly

Well dont worry there is always the next trammy that wants to cry and we can board bash his bum back to prodo too
HOORAY FOR SP!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Brilliant job, Righty !
Ive killed a bunch inside towns these days too but they didnt come to these boards to make a quitting thread, unfortunately ! :[

Congratulations finding a Trammelian on Siege !
MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

[/ QUOTE ]

and this quote for example, this guy had a huge problem with his computer recently and got lots of help, out of RP help, now he sees a fellow Siege player giving up and can't do anything but join the flaming,

I'm so glad you have your computer fixed so you can continue to treat me like [censored]

community , laugh

[/ QUOTE ]

What has one thing to do with the other ?
I would also help people to solve their CPU problems.. Do not mix gameplay with real life.
In this game I will treat all blues like scums.. Ive been doing this since I started here lots of years ago... If you dont believe, just ask around !
I just think its ridiculous to come here to the boards to cry because you were so much amateur to die inside town... Learn from your mistakes instead of giving up. It happened once, you wont let it happen again... Life goes on !

Dont think you wont meet much more experienced players in the future that will piss you off somehow again... Just try to learn with them.

And if you are so much angry, make an alliance with some groups and go hunt down your enemy... Killing reds can be very profitable, since we do not equip like newbies nor do we run naked tamer templates... If you kill a decent PK, he will always have good gear... You will feel avenged...
I bet you didnt even lose 5% of what I normally lose when I die to naked stealth tamers ! I should be much more pissed than you, for example !

[/ QUOTE ]

but this is real life, this is my life
not OOO I'm changing characters , this is I'm fed up with the way Siege is , I'm leaving
I'm leaving the "community"
the same as if you would have to leave in your computer is broken
you do understand I am a person not an avatar behind a blue name right?

taunting someone or pushing them down with harsh words does not help make them stronger, it ony help to crush their psyche

I am able to cope with things that make me angry

but with the childish attitude displayed on this forum I am reminded of a high school mentality that pushes and pushes until something breaks
usually ending in a tragedy.

I have even seen statements like the above made in game and the usual response is "good go kill yourself"

Thats just lovely. makes me all warm inside, but what the hell do you care, its only a game right?

I don't see why you even bother to reply , its not like its real

oh and I have seen rants like this one on the forums, always with the same reply
go out and get some allys,
well after a huge guesture like this one the player gets shunned into oblivion.

anybody seen El Diablo lately? Either he has changed his name and lives in anonymity or he is gone forever. That is the only one I can remember at the moment. but there have been more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow man... probably better you do stop playing, seriously...
You seem to have disconnect issues.
You take this stuff personally. You shouldn't.
You are they type of person Jack Thompson refers to... they type that takes [censored] too seriously and lets it affect their real life.
I'm glad to see you let your account go, you are the first person I've actually supported in quitting this game... I'd suggest staying away from online communities in general too... If this stuff hurts you... well, thats bad.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

not OOO I'm changing characters , this is I'm fed up with the way Siege is , I'm leaving

taunting someone or pushing them down with harsh words does not help make them stronger, it ony help to crush their psyche

but with the childish attitude displayed on this forum I am reminded of a high school mentality that pushes and pushes until something breaks

I have even seen statements like the above made in game and the usual response is "good go kill yourself"

Thats just lovely. makes me all warm inside, but what the hell do you care, its only a game right?

oh and I have seen rants like this one on the forums, always with the same reply

anybody seen El Diablo lately? Either he has changed his name and lives in anonymity or he is gone forever. That is the only one I can remember at the moment. but there have been more.

[/ QUOTE ]

P

Paul the Samurai

[/ QUOTE ]
Inappropriate is a "community" that shuns new players.
Inappropriate is a "community" that kicks people when they are down.

[/ QUOTE ]

We the BORG extend our cybernetic hand to you and will help if you survive the cold abyss of space. There is a price ofcourse...ASSIMILATION!!!!!!

seriously if you play in the evenings come to Dreadwood or Deadwood. First time you come don't bring anything valuable unless you are planning to donate. We can not guarantee your safety right from the bat.
We will help you learn to fight a bit better. We have been killed/res killed in so many times and in somany ways there are no better teachers.
If you see some other BORG on the shard, don't run, stay and fight, we all will give back life, then tell them you need help...

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouchie arrg, u ensalted me intergence fo lost time! Aima gert ravangence on joo azz, watch joo saw i meen buznezz dis tym!!!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
house fighting, stealth tamers vs stealth tamers... oh dismounts on both sides!

sounds like a ton of fun.

K

kahlia

RobotPlanet, Welcome to the wonderful community.
. The only advice I have is that when you play you should consider getting pked and looted as part of the fun on Siege. These little interruptions are great ways to meet people, change the norm, kill time, etc. This is the interaction that we need to play a multiplayer role playing game. I do feel that the posters on this thread were overly cruel, practically begging you to leave and of course calling you a "trammy". My thoughts...without "trammies" there is no one to pk. All kinds of people are needed to play multiplayer online video games. If Siege decides to run all "trammies" off the shard, there is no one left to play with...

To the "wonderful community": I realize that the original post was a whine, and certainly does not reflect the vision of Siege, but talk about a "run him off the shard campaign". Very few supporters offering any reason to continue to play...

Play for fun RobotPlanet, nothing else matters.

G

He says he's been around for a year, he should have an idea who to listen to on this shard and who not to. As for the "Get off my shard, Trammy" comments...well, consider the source.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

This is what MYTH has become?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes... and if it keeps going the turd will make it all the way down the toilet... instead of just floating around.

G

<center>
</center>

Seriously? Grow up. This is Siege, it's supposed to sting a little bit. What did you lose? An lrc suit? A cursed artifact. PP stuff? *gasps*
People lose stuff everyday, much better stuff than whatever it is you lost. You're garbage loot probably isn't worth the trip to the trashcan to throw it away.

I can tell you from experience that getting upset about it does you no good at all.
When I first started on Siege Perilous, I would get so frustrated when I would get ganked or killed unexpectedly. But over time I learned that it happens. Everyone dies, everyone loses stuff, and everyone has to replace those things that they lose.

<blockquote><hr>

Item wear and loss also makes a more realistic and interesting environment for adventurers. Citizens of Siege are motivated to brave the dungeons and Champion Spawns in order to keep their chests full of needed magic items, weapons, armor, and gold. Although losing items is never enjoyable it does make for a more immersive world and ultimately a more interesting and satisfying experience.

[/ QUOTE ]
- Vampyre Xavier of Siege Perilous

S

Sergul'zan_SP

You shouldn't get so upset about these things. Nothing is irreplaceable, and nobody is unkillable. Re-equip and get your revenge (later if necessary).

N

Nagash

<blockquote><hr>

Play for fun RobotPlanet, nothing else matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously he doesnt find uo fun anymore.. so I can completely understand why he is quiting.

Good luck to where ever life takes RobotPlanet.

Note: whats with you guys and the QQ omg cry more NUB crap.. it gets a little old (ive heard more then enough of it after playing WoW for a year), and if anything it just shows your immaturity.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Not immaturity, just fed up with noobs who dont belong here

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

few days ago i actually pick a fight with a red:
I shoot arrows at him. then suddenly he turns casts heal, hits me with a curse/explode/FS all while my arrows conveniently miss him plink/miss/plink/miss/plink/miss

RNG gets me again, So I say I have to change my template yet agian

its just not worth it anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

*grins* Listen, bro, don't change your template when this happens, it's not your template, it's the items you equip yourself with. Sadly, siege is in fact item based, and a lot of these people, especially mages, are running around with 40-45 dci, this would explain your plink/iss/plink/miss.

Just do as I do, get you a SS with gm lockpicking on it, and when the coast is clear, quietly sneak to a good lockpicking spot, and pick you some chest, and you will find good jewls there.

But don't throw out the idea of bowing before my feet, and telling me how you are here to serve me, then hunting down Righty, and getting the revenge you deserve! But I feel your pain, man, I had a few reds chase me to my house, where I logged out (supposedly), then looged on my alt in order to laugh at them, only to find out that EA had screwed me, and my char didn't actually log out, and was swamped with natures fury. Well i was down to about 3 aids left, so i left the house and made a run for it (moongate), but fell short of clicking the city. Sometimes you get so excited, and the clicking of the city becomes harder than you would think. Needless to say, I died trying to squeak through the gate, when had i had a few more seconds, I would have thought to just use the teleporter, and go to another lvl of my house. But adrenaline impairs your thinking, and hinders your ability to properly click the designated city from the moongate.

But hey, it happens. What I learned from this experience..... bring more aids next time to the fight.

Don't let these bums run you off, if you do, then you are allowing them to win. Go out and fight til you can't see straight, then once you're confidence in your skills, hunt down that outcast Righty, and beat him like a red headed step child! Then, next time he sees you on screen, you will see him conviently go through the moongate, and find another mark to pick on. You will have gained your respect!

N

Nagash

Yeah thats as true as it gets. When I watch people duel I always think, man that looks easy; but when someone attacks me I completely freeze up :/. I used to be decent at pvp when I played on pacific; but now since I quit for 2 or 3 years its a joke how much I blow :p.

But I still have a ton of skills to work up, so I dont have to worry too much about pvp quite yet.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Seriously? Grow up. This is Siege, it's supposed to sting a little bit. What did you lose? An lrc suit? A cursed artifact. PP stuff? *gasps*
People lose stuff everyday, much better stuff than whatever it is you lost. You're garbage loot probably isn't worth the trip to the trashcan to throw it away.

I can tell you from experience that getting upset about it does you no good at all.
When I first started on Siege Perilous, I would get so frustrated when I would get ganked or killed unexpectedly. But over time I learned that it happens. Everyone dies, everyone loses stuff, and everyone has to replace those things that they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not necessarily directing this whole post at you, Toby, but I tagged you because you made some good points.

You're right that getting upset doesn't do any good and it's certainly not a great idea to have a meltdown on the Siege forum, but... it wouldn't hurt to cut the guy some slack. Everyone has a bad day now and then and it seems he's been having a bit of a bad streak of luck.

Bashing this guy is pointless and cruel, to some extent. Is this really the "community spirit" we want around here? Sure, he's gonna have to toughen up a bit, but running people off the shard isn't cool and I am amazed this thread is still open. I thought personal attacks were against the RoC?! Yes.. I'd say it's getting far too personal when we resort to name calling and taunting someone who is upset and encouraging them to leave. =/