• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You cant "Keep" a Castle without a proper Tower

FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Looking for tower deco ideas...

Footnote: I left UO back in 2004, I returned just a year ago to Sonoma where my heart IS!
Sonoma RULZ!
Anyaways, I was lucky enough to be able to place a tower in thee EXACT same sopt as my Tower was in when I left in 2004. (except I did place it 2 tiles more North this time to have rocks at stairs and not under my first floor)
I have attempted as best as I was able, to recreate the tower I had in 2004 today, using the same layout (for the most part) while incorparating all the new things that were added to the game in the past 8 - 9 yrs.

I see a great deal of ideas in custom home decor, but classic houses seem to get the short end...
Shame really , they add a bit more of challange to deco, imho.
So lets see sum classic home decor here plz! , Tower decor prefred , LOL !

Humbly : I present you mine, as a WIP (work in progress)

1st Floor.png 2nd Floor.png 3rd Floor.png Roof.png

On that note: Id like to give a shout out to a few ppl (forgive any name misspellings) : Torann - will always have luv for you and miss you most. Kali Grey - Factions were fun only because you were at my side. Silvermane , what can I say, its been a long long time... Requiem, need I say it? Malvado , you were good man! Alacron , your trust in me has never been forgotten! Goldie, goldie goldie... heh UO sure fit your name sake *wink* , ah and PP! aka Immy... Flow I know you never cared for that nickname , but comon man , you have to admit it was darn good & orginal !!! lastly GK: GhostKnight, well man , never did like like you and still dont !
Mercenary Inn (MI) stands again , with much respect and memories to my friends form long ago in AOE and YAD , luv and miss you all! You are the inspiration for my rebuilding of the MI Tower...

It occured to me I failed in my "shout outs": To the current populas of Sonoma - Thank you all for your help, support , generosity and giving spirit in my return to Ultima Online , & more importantly to Sonoma! I could not be and would not be where I am in game now without you , heart felt thanks and humble bows to you all, so few know how special Sonoma is , but those that do understand why - and it is because of you ... Sonoma

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me want to re-do my house now! My pad is more of a dumping ground at the moment.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
YOU are looking for tower decorating ideas? Good heavens. I'd say you've done a pretty darn good job yourself. Great inspiration!
Yeah...
The Alch - "Mage" room is giving me fits!

The roof is by far "complete", it lacks any "deapth". Its missing sumthin not sure what or how yet...

Lastly the fireplace area needs something to draw it all together, thats been a ruff area as well.
Heh and those pescky display cases on first floor , still need to tweek them, they too lack "depth".

TY for your kind words.
Regards: FB

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I for one am thankful for your post, gives me a place to starts on my tower. I moved into a very old tower on atlantic and have not placed a single deco item!!! So thank you for posting pics, it gives me an idea of where to start!!!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw, you need a polar bear or brown bear rug with a few throw pillows infront of that fireplace... maybe a bottle of whine and some glasses to the side :)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I wanted to ask you about that banner on the first floor by the stairs. Where did that come from. I GOTTA have one. :)
It is a "Ruined Tapestry" Wheight 1 Stone - NO Artifact Rarity.

I bought it off a vender, maybe a few 100k if I remeber correctly , no idea where they come from.
Perhaps with the name you can research its origins <== heh pun!
If you have trouble finding one, I will grab next one I see for ya , youll just have to come to Sonoma to get it :(

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tip. On a uo-type-guide ;) I learned it was loot drop by monsters during Halloween 2009. I searched another site that tells me which vendors have what and located one. Headed there now. I didn't realize the bottom was tattered but it's really lovely and a must have for my home!
Good pun, BTW.
And thanks for the offer to come to Sonoma but it might be kinda hard to transport it back to Atlantic. I heard freight charges are ridiculous!