• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"You are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability."

Jazzer

Adventurer
I am new to the skill masteries. both my Mage and Warrior have the 3rd tier. I went to to use them for the first time and I got the above message. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Make sure you are on the correct path...

Basically single left-click on your mastery book and make sure that you're on the right mastery for the skill you are trying to use.

You can only use one mastery at a time.

It should say when you mouse over it

1676576874801.png

Jazzer

Adventurer
Larsia, thank you, thank you!!! another quick question, If you have a couple masteries, should you have 2 books each designated to a different mastery? for insistence, magery and poisoning?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No, unfortunately you can only use one at a time, the same book can be used for all masteries.

Jazzer

Adventurer
Bummer! They could make it easy. I guess I can make a quick key to toggle back and forth. Thanks again!

Jazzer

Adventurer
No, unfortunately you can only use one at a time, the same book can be used for all masteries.
Larsia, I am having a hard time toggling between the two. Actually, I cant. Is there a time period you have to wait before it allows you to switch or is something else I am missing?

Jazzer

Adventurer
I believe it is even worse than I thought. Please correct me if I am wrong but, I think you have to log off the character and then log back on to change the Skill Mastery.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is a 10 minute cool-down between switching masteries so you have to make a choice which mastery you want to use. it's a trade-off.