• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

YMCA Masquerade Ball winners! (pics now added - Woot!)

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

As noted elsewhere, this event will begin at 6:00pm PST today, rather than at 5:00.

More interestingly however, is that prizes have finally been determined. As this is a Costume Party, we have decided to theme the prizes accordingly. Therefore, the three main prizes will consist of the following costume "kits":

Blackbeard:
A Metal Chest recovered from a shipwreck containing:
Skullcap
Newbied Shirt and Short Pants
Earrings with Invisibility charges
Vanquishing Cutlass
A Ship
A Deviously-drawn treasure map
An SOS
seashells
13 lockpicks

Robin Hood:
Feathered Hat
Newbied Fancy Shirt, Long Pants and Shoes
Vanquishing Bow
Indestructible Crossbow of Power
500 bolts
1000 arrows
1000 feathers
1000 shafts
Fletcher's tools
Possible addition of Modified specialty bow (if I have time)

Contrary Mary:
Floppy hat (possibly newbied, I'll have to check)
Newbied Skirt and Fancy Shirt
Potted Plant (orfleurs)
At least one each Black and White Mutant plants
Decorative rare fire red plant
Pots
Seeds
A dozen Green Thorns

There will be three costume categories: Best, Most original and Worst. Partygoers will vote for each category in a book. The winner of Best will get first choice of the three prizes, the winner of Most Original will get second choice, and the Worst will receive the remaining prize.

We will also stage a Drunk Race, wherein contestants will line up at the starting line on the road outside, each down 5 jugs of cider, then see who can stagger the most swiftly to the finish line. The Prize for this one will be Two Champagne Flutes, a Bottle of Champagne and Janna's Hangover Remedy (natch)

Welp, I guess that's it for now. Hope to see you all there!

D

Dor of Sonoma

Wow, there were sure some great costumes to choose between! (I wish I could host the pics, to show you...I'll try a little Stratics two-step later on)

The winner of the Best Costume Category was Salty Pete, as...Pluffina!! *laughs* He proved to be a most stunning duplicate, and chose the Contrary Mary package as his prize. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

The Most Original Costume prize was awarded to the hand of God. whom arrived as Darth Vader, complete with light sabre. He chose the Blackbeard kit. :)

Last, but not least, Jon Snow won the Worst Costume category (I liked it! He was a pumpkin!) and received the Robin Hood package for his fine efforts.

Ivan won the Drunkard's Race (apparently, there was a bit of contraversy there) and was handed a bottle of champagne and two red goblets, some moonfire brew and Janna's Hangover Remedy.

Great fun was had by all...thanks for coming, folks. :)

R

Reachwind

Dor, when I first saw your costume I thought you were dressed up as a new player. My first character wore that same outfit for at least a day.