• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yew Times

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the Town of Yew guild/organization was formed it kind of branched out over other shards over the years. Many years ago a player from another shard came over and helped us run an halloween event at the Yew Graveyard. She also game up with a Yew Time's newspaper idea and put out a few issues. Today marks the Town of Yew's anniversary and we brought back the old newspaper idea. Hoping will be able to keep it up and going, bringing news in game rather than message boards, aswell other humorous stories or plot lines happening on Altantic. I didn't think it would take this much work but it was fun and rewarding when it got finished. The last part of it kind of was messed up cause I kind of wanted to just get it done and start bashing ideas for the next issue.

One of the things in this issue is an birth sign for your charaters aswell horroscropes. Just figure out which month your account was made and pretty much tells what your sign is. 70 months / 12 = 5.8 so five years and 8 months. August if my math is right is the month your charater was born which makes under the sign of the Anvil.

Anyway just wanted to get feedback on the work we have done. As you can see I am not the greatest writer, I tend to hurry things and make mistakes, so it toke the work of 4 people to get this book done.

I don't know how we will deliver after each copy or what the plan is. If anyone wishes to help write news or anything in the game and work with us, your help is welcome aswell. Just hope you enjoy it and ask for a copy if you want one from on here.

Happy Birthday Town of Yew and all the great people and guilds we all have worked with over all the 13 years. To bad they all are not still around though did run into Clan Moor the other day.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sort of rushed it all and made some errors on the first book we passed out. Corrected them and labeled it Yew Times #1 B, if anyone wishes a correct copy, just post then we can hook up somewhere. Sorry.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the copies, SunWolf. I put one on top of the green chest out front at the Book Store. Good reading!