• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Yew Hunting Campaign

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear fellow Siegeians,

thanks to your support, Sir John Hawkins became Governor of Yew. In his new role, he is now publicly announcing this "Yew Hunting Campaign" - a bi-monthly public hunt to peereless, champs and other monster locations.

The forests of Yew have been threatened by foul creatures that try to corrupt the trees and animals in our beloved Highlands. From the deepest dungeons and the high seas repeatedly demons, spiders and other vermin intruded our countryside. We want to carry the war into their Homelands!

I therefore ask all of you, Humans, Elves and Gargoyles, Virtue and Vice, to join in for the extermination of unnatural beasts which are threatening our homes, the homes of neutral human pirates and virtuous elven warriors, vice gargoyle vampires and knights of the king. No matter where you stand in your everyday business, these creatures - Scalis Enforcers, Dark Knights, Primeval Lichs, Abyssal Infernals, Slasher Daemons, Evil Spider-Queens, Changelings and many others - are trying to ruin all of our dead and undead lifes.

Therefore, Sir John Hawkins has founded a new company of rangers called the "King´s Own Yew Highlanders"* which are trying to safeguard our homelands. This new brigade of protectors of the forest is meant to guide the public hunts of which we had several in recent months. The "Yew Highlanders" (*YH*) are dedicated to eradicate all those monsters that try to destroy the homes of virtuous and vice, human, gargolye and elven people.

Furthermore, Sir John Hawkins will reward those who attend the most of these hunts with titles such as...

"The Lord Ranger of Yew"
"The Sheriff of Yew Forest"
"The High Forester of Yew"

...and others - you can choose!

And, of course, frequent participants will be rewarded with gold and loot!

Yours sincerely,

Sir John Hawkins
Governor of Yew
Lord Chancellor of the King´s Own Yew Highlanders

*Footnote: This new ranger-guild is a mere instrument for roleplay and meant to provide a distinct individual PVM-environment for shard-wide hunts. There will be no virtue-/vice-affiliation and Sir John is the only member of this PVM-roleplay-platform. It is not planned to open this RP-platform for other members nor to let is compete with other guilds/alliances.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Footnote: This new ranger-guild is a mere instrument for roleplay and meant to provide a distinct individual PVM-environment for shard-wide hunts. There will be no virtue-/vice-affiliation and Sir John is the only member of this PVM-roleplay-platform. It is not planned to open this RP-platform for other members nor to let is compete with other guilds/alliances.
Can we join an alliance with the *YH*? :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Tanivar,

as my guild is only a roleplay-platform which does not actively recruit nor try to compete with other guilds/parties, I had to think about your request. I do not want to split up other alliances/guilds with my new RP-platform and I have not decided how I will use it. But I am a friend of good communication instruments and it is always easier to communicate via ingame channels.

I thought about this and I think it is a good idea to offer alliance channels for those rather "loners" who have their own little (single-person) guilds and are not affiliated with any other (virtue- or vice-)party. In case my little experiment does not work, no harm is done. In case it works, we did not steal members from other guilds nor influence their gameplay.

So, actually, yes - lets try this. I am no guild-leader and never wanted to become one. I probably will not recruit members and rather tell them to contact Freja or other leaders according to their preferred playstyle.

But if there are "loners" or "independent" people with their own little single-man companies who want to establish a channel of PVM-ingame communication, feel free to join the little RP-PVM-Alliance named "Lords of the Highlands"

Slainte!

*Opens a Bottle of 21 Year old Glengoyne*