• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Yet another Reforging query!

LibraII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all.

Having just returned to UO from another break, I am looking at updating my armour sets on my Mage, Sampire and T-Hunter.
The new thing appears to be Reforging. I had my head around Imbuing and coped pretty well, making some higher end imbued suits for most of my characters.

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out Reforging. I think I am right in asuming that you craft an exceptional item from plaing Iron / Leather / Wood as applicable, with the resist spread on it you'd like, then go ahead and reforge. I currently don't have a great deal of Runics to play about with (except hammers) and as such was after a bit of information. Mainly the following queries:

- For the mage, I'd be after LRC / LMC / MR followed by resists and some stats if there was room. Which runic would be best for those mods?

-Likewise for the Sampire, if my understanding is correct normal wood, reforged and then enhanced with Heartwood for maximum effect. But again, which saw's are best for the LMC, Stat increase.

I know some people probably feel they answer these exact questions 20 times over, but I just can't seem to get a full understanding, and the last thing I want to do is to make something that costs a load of gold and effectively could of been greater if I knew what on Earth I was doing!

For all the items I make, I'd use Leather / Wood, enhanced with Heartwood and whatever leather gives me the best resists (I'll assume Horned) using the Forge Tool.

Another thing I can't seem to fully understand is wether Reforging is in effect similar to Runic crafting, where you don't have full control over the applied mods to any one piece, but using certain selections (prefix / suffix) gains you a small amount of narrowing down of these apllied mods. Therefore allowing you some degree of control.

Just some info to get me heading the right way for Sampire and decent Mage stuff would be greatly appreciated from those in the know!

LibraII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply.

However I have read this article a couple of times, the information I am after is a little less broad.
Perhaps my initial post wasn't quite clear, I am after something a little more specific such as best runic to use and why? I've read through various posts saying Horned are better for some things, Spined runics for other, does this make Barbed kits irrelevant or are they still top, just expensive to burn?

Also, if I want to get LRC, LMC, MR on an item is there a specific prefix / suffix combo I should use? Mystic /of Sorcery and Arcane / of Wizardry would appear to add the same proerties, can these stack?

Hope this clarifies things a little :)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go on test shard and try it is your best way to get the info you require. Same as using a runic the better the runic to more intensity and mods your gona get.

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The suggestions on differing runics comes from certain properties being available from mid-range runics, but not for top ones.

For example, they made it to where you can't choose "of Fortune" (luck) with the best runics.

Sorcery & Wizardry have overlapping property pools, but they aren't identical. If you're going for the most mage-related properties, without care for resists, choose both.