• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet Another Old Player Returning

T

tymbow

Long story short, I've gotten all nostalgic and I thought I'd come back to UO.

I used to play Oceania mostly and I stopped playing near the end of 2004 and my account was suspended on my request. I assume this means that my characters will still all be present including their bank boxes but my house will long have fallen (which did unfortunately contain some nice rares). Can someone confirm my assumptions? It's been so long since I played I don't remember how things work any more?

I also believe I need either the Mondain’s Legacy (ML) 2D client or the newer 2.5D Kingdom Reborn (KR) client along with an ML code to have all the expansions and new stuff. Is this right (it was still AoS when I last played)?

Another thing - I was toying with the idea of deleting most of my characters (except one main) and starting "new" again. Don't ask why, the idea just appeals to me for some reason. Having to earn your way forward, the thrill of killing that first hind etc... Question I have regards the newbie quests. I never really did the whole Haven thing when I first started UO and I would like to muck about with it now if I can. Does Haven and the quests apply to new accounts only or does it also apply to new characters? I can't seem to find a clear definition except that you obviously wont have the "Young" tag for existing accounts.

Thanks for any help.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, Welcome back.

Yes your character will still be there with every item in the bank. And yes the houses will be fallen by now. I'm sure you find a new home.

Yes the ML code is needed to have all expansions in whatever client you prefer to play.

And character with skills below 50 can do the trainers quests. Don't matter if its a young one or a new one or a old one.

G

Welcome back!

I recently returned myself, and decided to check out the New Haven quests. My favorite goodie is the Ember Staff, from the magery quest.

Once you accept a quest, you can't buy skill training from NPCs, so it's a good idea to do all that first, before you go for the quests.

I hope you have many wonderful adventures re-discovering UO!

G

Welcome back, if you need any help on the Napa shard PM me and I'll be more than willing.