• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another boring Holloween?

Should OSI produce better seasonal events

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreadmoor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This Holloween season UO has seen fit to deliver on to us a rehash of bad ideas from the recent past .

Boring creatures’ worthless items and ZERO imagination! Is there a reason that OSI keeps stacking this excrement upon us? What happen to the devs that gave us the dungeon crawls from the Halloween 2009 Quest ? (Halloween mask, need I say more) Mean, tuff, versatile monsters cool items and interesting quest. There was the dangerous event of Halloween 2006 the Grim Reaper would chase you all the way back to Luna bank to kill you and your friends. (Fun times)

Today’s mobz are garbage. I walk on them eating crappy anniversary cake and drinking ale... Boring!

Can we get together and request better for yearly events. Must we be stuck with substandard ideas and worse implementation?

let's have a show of hands…

WE WANT MORE!!!

Deadmoor

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I enjoy it. I don't need content that requires a greater dragon to kill with every event. The Butchers kill me enough and they are fun to fight. I was chased all the way back to the Moonglow moongate by named skeletons and a butcher. Which is far enough for me.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Holloween season UO has seen fit to deliver on to us a rehash of bad ideas from the recent past .

Boring creatures’ worthless items and ZERO imagination! Is there a reason that OSI keeps stacking this excrement upon us? What happen to the devs that gave us the dungeon crawls from the Halloween 2009 Quest ? (Halloween mask, need I say more) Mean, tuff, versatile monsters cool items and interesting quest. There was the dangerous event of Halloween 2006 the Grim Reaper would chase you all the way back to Luna bank to kill you and your friends. (Fun times)

Today’s mobz are garbage. I walk on them eating crappy anniversary cake and drinking ale... Boring!

Can we get together and request better for yearly events. Must we be stuck with substandard ideas and worse implementation?

WE WANT MORE!!!

Deadmoor
WAKE UP!!!! It's 3:15 in the morning and you are having bad dreams again. This is a serious condition which if not treated could escalate into a visit from the stake man. Try carving some pumpkins and eating some candy before bed tomorrow. Good luck to ya.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WE WANT MORE!!!

Deadmoor
Can you be more selfish and greedy? Who are you to say what "we" want?

GAL

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WE WANT MORE!!!

Deadmoor

Indeed, I would have liked a quest or something, and a useful item or two, but this year is better than the last 3-4. Unlike recent years there seems to be a months worth of stuff to grind out if your playing casually.

I'm not really that disappointed.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't vote on this one. I'm just happy that UO has reached the 16-year mark and is still going. Everything else is gravy. Naturally, I'm glad for the added extras, but the main course is what I look forward to each day.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see his point of view even though his op is bit like peeing in the cherios.

something functional would be appreciated by this poster. maybe a conjj trinket with random slayer or a jinborri or other item of clothing with mods so we could possibly get away from all looking like Benedictine monks. A new headpiece/mask with mods....

how about eggs you can throw at peoples houses, or flammable poo in a bag.....

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree and disagree with the OP. I think the things he wants to see is a little too over the top, but I would have liked to see some a town invasion or maybe an increase in demon / undead spawn in the overland, maybe NPC's being turned into zombies (no functionality change just cosmetic). However all that being said, holiday events eat up Dev time and I think the payoff is relatively low so I'd rather see the EM's do the invasions / one off attacks and let the Dev team keep working on bug fixes and new long-term content.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Boring creatures’ worthless items and ZERO imagination!....
Please submit 2 or 3 Halloween event ideas that haven't already been done and you feel the majority of UO players would enjoy

Grim Reaper would chase you all the way back to Luna bank to kill you and your friends. (Fun times)
Heavily abused by players running in as soon as it spawned and dragging it to their house to solo kill it safety from their steps.

Mean, tuff, versatile monsters cool items and interesting quest.
Elaborate......
Please submit 10 item ideas you would define as cool
And.....
design a Mean, tough, versatile, batteries included monster you feel would be challenging for you to fight alone and one for group fighting.
Creativity flows best when its being exchanged
(I thought that was witty)​

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, regardless what there could have been done for Halloween, I'll always want more, but this years Halloween is certainly better than many others that have come to pass.

The heads on spikes look Very well detailed, and the new carve-able/carved pumpkins looks very good as well, I'm happy with it this year.

I would like to see more holiday event items though, such as the conjurer's garbs (HCI OR DCI/ random regen) & Conjurer's trinkets (but a random slayer) or something similar, I'd much rather them be a permanent part of the game though, instead of a temporarily obtainable item.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WE WANT MORE!!!

Deadmoor

:fake:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see more holiday event items though, such as the conjurer's garbs (HCI OR DCI/ random regen) & Conjurer's trinkets (but a random slayer) or something similar, I'd much rather them be a permanent part of the game though, instead of a temporarily obtainable item.

:postcount:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see his point of view even though his op is bit like peeing in the cherios.

something functional would be appreciated by this poster. maybe a conjj trinket with random slayer or a jinborri or other item of clothing with mods so we could possibly get away from all looking like Benedictine monks. A new headpiece/mask with mods....
In a macro perspective I too am really glad so many people are enjoying the Halloween activities and deco. But for those of us who don't place a great deal of importance on collecting rares or decorating our homes and would rather have a new spellbook, jewl piece, weapon, robe, etc. to use on a suit to PvM or PvP... the Enchanted Sea Encounter and Halloween content has been "Un"eventful.

Last edited:

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every year theres a handful of people who still think they should give us more game changing gear every halloween. The Conjurer days are over, its for the best because if they release a popular armor/weapon as halloween loot this year then a year from now when players cant get that item any more they will cry like some still do over the conjurers items and robes. Event/Arc bosses are where the good weaps/armor should come from, not the novelty holiday monsters.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im glad that I can kill the creatures with my crappy characters. Next year they should make the zombies drop some other items with player names on them.

I play more in October than in any other month!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love how everyone bashes the guy that started the thread, when in fact hes right, they never do anything fun for the holidays anymore, hes a paying customer and as such should be entitled to new content all the time, i remember a few years ago for thanksgiving they did the same thing like 3 years in a row with the big turkeys, halloween used to have good events when the grim reapers were at the graveyards and u'd get cursed artifacts off of them, and then the other event with the different masks u'd get to turn into different things, other than that they haven't done crap

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH GOD PLEASE NO TURKEYS. That means no champ spawn for 3 months till they turn them off, and prices on everything will go sky high again! yeah what fun :p

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In my opinion, holiday events are a time to get a way from he every day events, and occurences on the game. If you want a new piece of jewelery, or armor, or whatever else you like I invite you to use the imbuing or refinment crafting skills which will accomplish what most of you are asking for. However, it is easier to ask for jewelery with new "mods" and all that stuff when you lack immagination to do it yourself with the abilities that have been given to us already in the game. The event is great and enjoyable.. Thank you for your time and effort to all the UO Team.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, holiday events are a time to get a way from he every day events, and occurences on the game. If you want a new piece of jewelery, or armor, or whatever else you like I invite you to use the imbuing or refinment crafting skills which will accomplish what most of you are asking for. However, it is easier to ask for jewelery with new "mods" and all that stuff when you lack immagination to do it yourself with the abilities that have been given to us already in the game. The event is great and enjoyable.. Thank you for your time and effort to all the UO Team.

Hi, thank you for your invitation to be creative. I believe you are referring to Imbuing and "Reforging". You're right, that is your opinion. Please notice I made sure to give credit and acknowledge that this event is being enjoyed by many, your subtle attempt to be insulting really is unnecessary. I have utilized imbuing and reforging to make multiple templates/suits on multiple shards. However it's always nice when the devs decide to introduce something useful and practical that we do not have the ability to create. Tangles, Corgul Sash, Conjurer's Trinkets have been enormously successful among other things.

Last edited:

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi, thank you for your invitation to be creative. I believe you are referring to Imbuing and "Reforging". You're right, that is your opinion. Please notice I made sure to give credit and acknowledge that this event is being enjoyed by many, your subtle attempt to be insulting really is unnecessary. I have utilized imbuing and reforging to make multiple templates/suits on multiple shards. However it's always nice when the devs decide to introduce something useful and practical that we do not have the ability to create. Tangles, Corgul Sash, Conjurer's Trinkets have been enormously successful among other things.
I guess you have not tried using refinment in the game....... Hence, proving my point.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want a unique ring that gives me infinite guardwhacks that I can use even in Trammel, anywhere, that makes the target lose all their stuff.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it seems it doesnt matter what the devs do it wont please everyone. Add more items? Why? so that their can be another influx of items to sell or for the cheaters to dupe. The devs and their ideas have not ruined uo the people pancakes and complaining and cheating have. These events you mentioned where great OP but everyone of them had massive complaints just like this years is having. You people cant be happy because your unhappy with yourselves. and your own lives. Only reason anyone is complaining is because their lazy and they want things given to them that are worth millions upon millions. Well your greed is what is ruining it for those who actually like doing this event. Cry to someone who cares , stop taking advantage of the devs and enjoy life and not ruin life for everyone else with your crying all the time. THANK YOU DEVS FOR TRYING ON A GAME THAT SOME OF US LOVE EVEN WHEN IDIOTS TRY TO BRING YOU AND IT DOWN.:bdh: