• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another account *MIS* management question

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay Stratics community..I need your help.

I have sent an e-mail but no response as of yet.

I recently had to cancel the subscription on one of my accounts.....this was a few months ago. They ended up charging me anyway so I had to e-mail support and get the charges reversed.

They finally re-imbursed my money but now the account shows as terminated and not closed.

It does not give me the option to re-activate, but it says I can apply a code. SO I went to the Origin store, bought a 1-month game-time code and it says it cannot be applied to any of my current accounts.

WHAT the heck does that mean??

I did not want them to terminate my account, just to re-imburse me for the 1-month they billed me AFTER I had canceled.

I have never had issues with account management before and this is the second time in a few months I've had problems.

Anyone have any suggestions??

@Mesanna can you help?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep emailing them, it's what helped me...It is a painful process dealing with those people, takes a lot of patience and maybe drugs too...

Good luck!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you bought the one month code, did they actually email you a code?

If I remember right, the one month codes are applied direct to an account immediately through the Origin store, which only 'sees' what it considers non-terminated accounts - but the six month codes are not 'auto applied', the code comes to you (via email for sure, but I also seem to remember it is shown on the final screen when you buy the product, so you can cut and paste the code at that point too) - you can still find people who sell the six months codes, because it really is a string of letters and numbers you can pass to other folks, but the one month is different and less flexible in that way. No clue how the 3 month codes function, I never bought those, only 6 month ones...

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It means they put a block/ban on your account.

You'll need to contest it. I had to do the same thing when they charged me, said it was declined - it wasn't, and I had no game time on the account it charged to. Anytime you reverse charges, even if it is their error, you get banned for it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When you bought the one month code, did they actually email you a code?

If I remember right, the one month codes are applied direct to an account immediately through the Origin store, which only 'sees' what it considers non-terminated accounts - but the six month codes are not 'auto applied', the code comes to you (via email for sure, but I also seem to remember it is shown on the final screen when you buy the product, so you can cut and paste the code at that point too) - you can still find people who sell the six months codes, because it really is a string of letters and numbers you can pass to other folks, but the one month is different and less flexible in that way. No clue how the 3 month codes function, I never bought those, only 6 month ones...
On the Origin store they give you the code as soon as your payment goes through.

http://i68.***********/mh7cea.png

I copy/pasted the code, even tried typing it in but got the *This code cannot be applied to any of your accounts* message.

Kayhynn is correct, they banned my Master Mythic Account because I had charges reversed and now I have to fight...probably months to get it corrected.

My Luna house is on that account with a lot of rares and EM items....I'm NOT happy.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would check the wording of the email you sent when you asked for the refund? if you can establish beyond a reasonable that you didnt threaten them in anyway you should be fine....they will reactivate. If how ever anything you said could be deemed a threat then you are probably SOL! It is my understanding they only terminate accounts for a very very specific set of reasons, and unless you can prove a critical error....

good luck

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is my understanding they only terminate accounts for a very very specific set of reasons, and unless you can prove a critical error....
Reversing charges, even if they instruct you to do so, is one of those very specific set of reasons.

I had to send all my support emails as proof that I was told to reverse the charges by their customer support before I got my master account unbanned two years ago.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the Origin store they give you the code as soon as your payment goes through.

http://i68.***********/mh7cea.png
Seems I learn something new every day, it never looked like that when I bought stuff from there, although admittedly that was a while ago (plus my memory is not always what it should be...).

Good luck getting them sorted out, I'm convinced their awful account management has lost them more players than they realise, over the years, and it would be a real shame if you lost anything from their woeful bumbling....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reversing charges, even if they instruct you to do so, is one of those very specific set of reasons.

I had to send all my support emails as proof that I was told to reverse the charges by their customer support before I got my master account unbanned two years ago.
In the meanwhile while you are sorting things out with EA I would ask Mesanna if perhaps she might help you at least keep your house secure while you try to iron out the difficulty with EA.

And when you ask for a refund they pretty much close your account and ban you. They just do.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is the new system that was due in May?! No updates, nothing. Also where is the monthly newsletter?

Account management should be the number 1 priority in my opinion.

About 1 minute into this:

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where the f**k is the new system that was due in May?! No updates, nothing. Its ridiculous. Also where is the monthly newsletter? Where are the videos they were going to be doing keeping us up to date with whats coming etc?

Account management should be the number 1 priority in my opinion.

About 1 minute into this:

EA hasn't built it yet.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think what they were trying to do was to build a UO Store in UO. Where you could do everything you wanted to do perhaps including buying gametime "IN" game. Where your card would be linked to your account and if you wanted to spend RL dollars on things like upgrades to your account or buy garden beds you could do that through some sort of in-game means and moving the account management pages to Broadsword.... but I'm guessing there is a lot more legal red tape to it than just building it into the game etc... EA is not going to want to lose control of things that well and Origin Store might have balked at the idea too.... so I'm sure there are many more hurdles to getting that done than they expected.

Again that's my guess and understanding of what's going on.