• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yesterday's experiance with a scriptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I'm standing at this felucca idoc waiting for it to go, and next to me I notice this guy, he recalled in, dropped ore in a bag on the steps, and recall out. About 20 seconds later here he comes again. So I come out of stealth and say hi. No answer, and he leaves again. 20 seconds later here he comes again. I come out and say... man mining sucks doesn't it? No answer and he leaves.

Then the thought came to me that maybe he is a scriptor. I run to a provisioner and buy a ball bag. I drop it on his recall spot next to the bag.... wait 20 seconds and he doesn't return. About a minute later I remove the bag ball and BAM there he is.

So I take the next step and page a gm and go back to watching the house, and him recall in and out. I have now been in queue about thirty minutes and I'm tired of watching him recall in and out, so I drop the ball bag again. About thirty seconds later a GM appears next to me! I was shocked to say the least. All the GM says is, "Greetings! Please do not block his recall or kill him because it will interfear with my investigation." So I promptly remove the bag ball, and the GM goes poof. I watch him recall in and out about 6 more times, on the final recall in he disappears without recalling.

So end of story, GM's are still out there and active. It was awesome to finally see something done about a scriptor with my own two eyes :)

T

T_Amon_from_work

So I'm standing at this felucca idoc waiting for it to go, and next to me I notice this guy, he recalled in, dropped ore in a bag on the steps, and recall out. About 20 seconds later here he comes again. So I come out of stealth and say hi. No answer, and he leaves again. 20 seconds later here he comes again. I come out and say... man mining sucks doesn't it? No answer and he leaves.

Then the thought came to me that maybe he is a scriptor. I run to a provisioner and buy a ball bag. I drop it on his recall spot next to the bag.... wait 20 seconds and he doesn't return. About a minute later I remove the bag ball and BAM there he is.

So I take the next step and page a gm and go back to watching the house, and him recall in and out. I have now been in queue about thirty minutes and I'm tired of watching him recall in and out, so I drop the ball bag again. About thirty seconds later a GM appears next to me! I was shocked to say the least. All the GM says is, "Greetings! Please do not block his recall or kill him because it will interfear with my investigation." So I promptly remove the bag ball, and the GM goes poof. I watch him recall in and out about 6 more times, on the final recall in he disappears without recalling.

So end of story, GM's are still out there and active. It was awesome to finally see something done about a scriptor with my own two eyes :)
EEP! A "Bigfoot sighting" story!

nice one ...:thumbup1:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, I love harassing scripters. On pacific, GOR guild was so active in disrupting scripters that GMs began to regularly send us messages when we'd arrive at scripters homes to inform us they'd prefer if we didn't stop them.

At the time we simply though GMs were protecting scripters but upon returning to UO, all I see are massive fires and rubble at all of those homes.

R

Ryix

Technically you broke the TOS by purposefully blocking a recall spot.. but hey your just like batman now huh? vigilante's are never wrong. [/sarcasm]

I recall mine sometimes (granted i use a beetle and its fairly obvious im not scripting) and i dont stop to talk to every idiot who thinks im scripting, if you block my spot ill make sure to report you too.

being a vigilant citizen = good
Being a vigilante = bad

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically you broke the TOS by purposefully blocking a recall spot.. but hey your just like batman now huh? vigilante's are never wrong. [/sarcasm]

I recall mine sometimes (granted i use a beetle and its fairly obvious im not scripting) and i dont stop to talk to every idiot who thinks im scripting, if you block my spot ill make sure to report you too.

Being a vigilante = bad
hmmm...

Sounds like she was just testing to see if it was a scripter. All the timing was about perfect, and even stayed on que after it was removed....

You aren't making your self sound good in that post.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Being a vigilante = bad
I'll block your spot by axing a crate full of goodies.

R

Ryix

Go for it i play europa and my house is infront of glow bank. Come report me for playing my way :) just coz it looks like im scripting doesnt mean i am

R

Ryix

hmmm...

Sounds like she was just testing to see if it was a scripter. All the timing was about perfect, and even stayed on que after it was removed....

Well something tells me since the gm told him they DIDNT want the spot blocked he may have been doing something wrong..

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM did'nt asked him to unblock because he was doing something wrong, but more so he could continue his "investigation. That is it.

Did you sign up just to try to make someone else look bad?

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok how much gold did this "GM" give you to say they are still around :p

R

Ryix

The GM did'nt asked him to unblock because he was doing something wrong, but more so he could continue his "investigation. That is it.

More or less yeah, It gets my beef being accused of being a scripter, being reported on being griefed all because people think im a scripter, yet these people feel totally in the right breaking TOS by purposefully harrasing me because they think im cheating.

The old saying is still true, two wrongs dont make a right.

And blocking may or may not be illegal but the gms have expressed already countless times that after you report someone they would really rather you just left them to their own devices. You have no power here, if that guy was scripting he may have noticed his scripped stopped and come back. then you effectivly got him off the hook.

If he hadnt been scripting you could have just really annoyed and insulted him.

Theres no benefit to going further than reporting someone and youve been told not to, its also counter productive to your own goals... so ill say it again

YOUR NOT BATMAN

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The TOS mentions blocking recalls, and if I remember right it is not a form of harassment, and even if it was... it wouldn't be in felucca where this took place :) Please link me where it says its forbidden in felucca. Thank you

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More or less yeah, It gets my beef being accused of being a scripter, being reported on being griefed all because people think im a scripter, yet these people feel totally in the right breaking TOS by purposefully harrasing me because they think im cheating.

And blocking may or may not be illegal but the gms have expressed already countless times that after you report someone they would really rather you just left them to their own devices. You have no power here, if that guy was scripting he may have noticed his scripped stopped and come back. then you effectivly got him off the hook.

Theres no benefit to going further than reporting someone and youve been told not to, its also counter productive to your own goals... so ill say it again

YOUR NOT BATMAN
Who accused you of being a scripter here?

Also, its you're...

(I didn't bother reading more then the first & last sentance of your post. Since they are obviously worthless.)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OOOOOO I found it, located under harassment policy

The following are NOT considered physical harassment:

* Res killing
* Stealing or kill stealing
* Legal player killing, such as takes place in guild and faction wars
* Refusal to take turns at spawn points
* Refusal to resurrect another player
* Blocking a recall location
* Area Peacing

You should read the TOS abit better before you accuse me of breaking it.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can just see you in jail chained to the wall along with another guy, and so you ask what he did to be put in this situation and he replies, "I was script mining, and why are you in here?" and you reply, "I was blocking your recall spot."

R

Ryix

Who accused you of being a scripter here?

Also, its you're...

(I didn't bother reading more then the first & last sentance of your post. Since they are obviously worthless.)
Firstly not only was my post not directed at you, but the topic was not regarding my grammar or spelling, and yes for the record i am aware its You're but its easier to type your, deal with it.

Secondly i never stated that anyone here accused me of being a scripter, although it was insinuated.

Thirdly if you cant be bothered to hear what i have to say, then you are ignorant for replying and have nothign further to say regarding this until you do.

My point remains the same regardless of your petty schoolyard remarks.

You have been asked NOT to try to solve these problems yourself, further than reporting. Please listen, stop living in paranoia and getting your jollies off because you think your griefing a scripter.

The best way available to you of stopped someone elses scripting ways is simply to report and leave, if they see someone hanging around or trying to stop them, they will assume you have called a gm, and i guarantee the scripter will notice this long before a gm will read your page, pop by and make his mind up, if the scripter comes back while the gm is watching him, the gm will assume hes not scripting and probably be reluctant to watch that player again the next time hes paged on.

Nystul i advise you learn to debate and stop taking cheap shots your making yourself look like an ignorant child, please reply no further to anything i say unless you read my post in its entirety and have something valuable to add other than "your post is obviously all rubbish because i only read the first and last line"

Oh and one more thing, its "than"

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

YOUR NOT BATMAN
So you created a username just to say that blocking runes is bad even if the end goal is to identify a scripter? Well, I'll be the first to say I outright don't believe the intention of your post. The game is rampant with scripters and I, for one, will gladly go through the hassle of having a rune blocked by chance to catch one. I also am not so high and mighty I can't say hi to people I see when mining and recalling but some people are just too good to be bothered it would seem. Guess they need to move away from Gotham. :cool:

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can post in a thread just to make someone look bad also.

Which was what your first post is all about.

It also must be nice to turn a sentence into a paragraph. I Only read the first & last "sentence" again.

R

Ryix

So you created a username just to say that blocking runes is bad even if the end goal is to identify a scripter? Well, I'll be the first to say I outright don't believe the intention of your post. The game is rampant with scripters and I, for one, will gladly go through the hassle of having a rune blocked by chance to catch one. I also am not so high and mighty I can't say hi to people I see when mining and recalling but some people are just too good to be bothered it would seem. Guess they need to move away from Gotham. :cool:
im too good to talk to ignorant people that are insulting me by implying im a scripter, re-read what i said.

If you came out of a shop and someone accused you of stealing and being a criminal im sure youd wanna stop and tell them about your childhood thou.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who here implied you were a scripter?

I got 50mil on catskills for you to show me a direct indication of someone calling you a scripter in this thread.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for finding that Giggles.. I always felt a bit guilty dropping bagballs at my favorite script miner's THREE recall locations at the same bank. Also, before Ryix gets his panties in a bunch I know he's a scripter because he told me so one time when he came to remove my bagballs (after several hours of having a broken script). I got the old "go ahead and page, gm's don't do nuthin anyhow" speech.. yada yada yada. Did my heart good one day to actually find and kill him in a cave hear destard and he didn't even give me a count.

I'm sure a lot of these professional scripters don't even care what we do since it's part of the cost of doing business but it sure feels good to break the spokes of their wagon every now and then. :)

-P.E.

R

Ryix

I can post in a thread just to make someone look bad also.

Which was what your first post is all about.

It also must be nice to turn a sentence into a paragraph. I Only read the first & last "sentence" again.
My intention was NOT to make him look bad, merely to point out that you are all congratulating someone for being counter productive to their own goals.

I dont want people cheating in my game any more than you do, but I also listen when im told not to interfere.

And in regards to me trying to make someone else look bad, look who decided to insult my spelling.

R

Ryix

hmmm...

50 mill cheers

unless hes implying im not making myself sound good in another way...?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Firstly not only was my post not directed at you, but the topic was not regarding my grammar or spelling, and yes for the record i am aware its You're but its easier to type your, deal with it.

Secondly i never stated that anyone here accused me of being a scripter, although it was insinuated.

Thirdly if you cant be bothered to hear what i have to say, then you are ignorant for replying and have nothign further to say regarding this until you do.

My point remains the same regardless of your petty schoolyard remarks.

You have been asked NOT to try to solve these problems yourself, further than reporting. Please listen, stop living in paranoia and getting your jollies off because you think your griefing a scripter.

The best way available to you of stopped someone elses scripting ways is simply to report and leave, if they see someone hanging around or trying to stop them, they will assume you have called a gm, and i guarantee the scripter will notice this long before a gm will read your page, pop by and make his mind up, if the scripter comes back while the gm is watching him, the gm will assume hes not scripting and probably be reluctant to watch that player again the next time hes paged on.

Nystul i advise you learn to debate and stop taking cheap shots your making yourself look like an ignorant child, please reply no further to anything i say unless you read my post in its entirety and have something valuable to add other than "your post is obviously all rubbish because i only read the first and last line"

Oh and one more thing, its "than"
See thing is, it really is "you're" and not "your"

Also, if you are attended (that's you're) then you wont get your (possessive pronoun) recall spot blocked. It's really quite simple.
You're (again that's you are) ranting about being "accused" of scripting yet you don't bother to even try to fix it yourself.
Perhaps instead of getting all bent because people think you are cheating you will man-up and prove you aren't by... ummm any number of things such as, saying hello to another person in a freakin' MMORPG. Then you wouldn't have all the stressful troubles of being "unjustly accused" of the "crimes" you do not commit. "If the glove doesn't fit" right?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My intention was NOT to make him look bad, merely to point out that you are all congratulating someone for being counter productive to their own goals.

I dont want people cheating in my game any more than you do, but I also listen when im told not to interfere.

And in regards to me trying to make someone else look bad, look who decided to insult my spelling.
The guy obviously listened when the GM asked him to remove the bag ball so he could continue his "investigation".

Next?

R

Ryix

Thanks for finding that Giggles.. I always felt a bit guilty dropping bagballs at my favorite script miner's THREE recall locations at the same bank. Also, before Ryix gets his panties in a bunch I know he's a scripter because he told me so one time when he came to remove my bagballs (after several hours of having a broken script). I got the old "go ahead and page, gm's don't do nuthin anyhow" speech.. yada yada yada. Did my heart good one day to actually find and kill him in a cave hear destard and he didn't even give me a count.

I'm sure a lot of these professional scripters don't even care what we do since it's part of the cost of doing business but it sure feels good to break the spokes of their wagon every now and then. :)

-P.E.
Had you reported that conversation to a gm, his confession would ahve been in your chat log and hed be banned. But whatever. you can all go on throwing a spanner in your own little vigilante war machine

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps instead of getting all bent because people think you are cheating you will man-up and prove you aren't by... ummm any number of things such as, saying hello to another person in a freakin' MMORPG.

That is what I do, except I insult them UO style via. my "swine" key :x.

R

Ryix

The guy obviously listened when the GM asked him to remove the bag ball so he could continue his "investigation".

Next?
Oh well your friends have all arrived now and we are all aware of their friendship wit hteh devs so ill be gone now. you guys enjoy your little popularity contest here without me yeah?

Btw flutter, I am aware of the english language, pointing out errors ive made when typing has done nothing but make you look petty, Join in when you have something relevant to say.

yes i have a bad habbit of typing and occasionaly dont re-read my own posts *gasp* but im not writing to be graded here, you understand what im saying? then i dont really care if its all spiffy and my i's are all dotted.

But whatever playing a game to grief isnt my bag so ill let you guys get right back on with your little crusade go parade your "heroes"

Oh and let me know when that 50mil is ready

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh well your friends have all arrived now and we are all aware of their friendship wit hteh devs so ill be gone now. you guys enjoy your little popularity contest here without me yeah?
{insert big LOL here}
Btw flutter, I am aware of the english language, pointing out errors ive made when typing has done nothing but make you look petty, Join in when you have something relevant to say.
I did say something relevant. It's not anyone else's fault but you're own if you couldn't figure it out. I guess that's the best you could come back with after my calling you out in this thread anyway.
Good job.
:thumbup:

R

Ryix

{insert big LOL here}

I did say something relevant. It's not anyone else's fault but you're own if you couldn't figure it out. I guess that's the best you could come back with after my calling you out in this thread anyway.
Good job.
:thumbup:
You reiterated someone elses point while contradicting yourself, I'm well aware of your "contribution"

I just need to remember to leave the little uhall "in crowd" alone

its funny how i was always trying to make my point while you were always just trying to attack me personally and belittle me.

UO really is a game of children i suppose.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am in no way a "hero" or looking for fame and glory. In the wake of all these GM's never do anything posts and people quitting over it posts, I wanted to refresh some faith that GM's are doing their job, and share what happened to me yesterday.

You don't know me or what I do in the game and presume I'm looking for fame and then accuse me of breaking the TOS out of your own ignorance and failure to research it yourself. If you wish to share your opinions then at least have some fact and intelligence as a weapon, without those you simply make yourself look like a idiot.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can just see you in jail chained to the wall along with another guy, and so you ask what he did to be put in this situation and he replies, "I was script mining, and why are you in here?" and you reply, "I was blocking your recall spot."
EL OH EL!

you hit the nail on the head with that one Kel!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
:eyes::eyes:
You reiterated someone elses point while contradicting yourself, I'm well aware of your "contribution"

I just need to remember to leave the little uhall "in crowd" alone

its funny how i was always trying to make my point while you were always just trying to attack me personally and belittle me.

UO really is a game of children i suppose.
Another post avoiding the actual topic?

R

Ryix

I am in no way a "hero" or looking for fame and glory. In the wake of all these GM's never do anything posts and people quitting over it posts, I wanted to refresh some faith that GM's are doing their job, and share what happened to me yesterday.

You don't know me or what I do in the game and presume I'm looking for fame and then accuse me of breaking the TOS out of your own ignorance and failure to research it yourself. If you wish to share your opinions then at least have some fact and intelligence as a weapon, without those you simply make yourself look like a idiot.
Fine ill admit i was wrong with regards to it being in the TOS, But in my defence i have seen people pulled for blocking runes, infact in my earlier more eager days have been pulled for doing exactly as you described. Im not innocent i have been a vigilante myself. I was never attacking you merely pointing out you had gone about it wrong by attempting to take it into your own hands. (Which is the ONLY point i have been trying to make and the only thing no one has addressed in their personal attacks on me)

Look whatever im outnumbered here and apparently my rational point is being ignored over childish name calling.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had you reported that conversation to a gm, his confession would ahve been in your chat log and hed be banned. But whatever. you can all go on throwing a spanner in your own little vigilante war machine
Thank you, I will! Glad to have your approval. :) I do a lot of mining and I say hi to every fellow miner I see. As an old miner I believe in the brotherhood of those that follow the way of the shovel and I'm pleased to say that only about 10% of those I send a greet out to fail to respond. Those that do not get bagballs placed by their recall spots should I find them (and killed preferably since I get to take their blackrock pieces).

In all the time I've been doing my "vigilante war machine" I've unjustly killed one person who thought it was hilarious. He was watching TV while legally script mining and couldn't get his script stopped in time. He didn't count me and I gave him back his insurance money. Nice chap, actually.

My advice to you and I don't care if you listen, is make a macro that says "I'm way too busy to talk to you right now, but thanks for making sure I'm not a scripter. Be well!" and take the .001 seconds it takes to hit the key when someone says "hi". I doubt you'd be accused of scripting and the rest of us wouldn't be bugging an innocent miner who doesn't have time to socialize. Be well,

-P.E.

R

Ryix

Thank you, I will! Glad to have your approval. :) I do a lot of mining and I say hi to every fellow miner I see. As an old miner I believe in the brotherhood of those that follow the way of the shovel and I'm pleased to say that only about 10% of those I send a greet out to fail to respond. Those that do not get bagballs placed by their recall spots should I find them (and killed preferably since I get to take their blackrock pieces).

In all the time I've been doing my "vigilante war machine" I've unjustly killed one person who thought it was hilarious. He was watching TV while legally script mining and couldn't get his script stopped in time. He didn't count me and I gave him back his insurance money. Nice chap, actually.

My advice to you and I don't care if you listen, is make a macro that says "I'm way too busy to talk to you right now, but thanks for making sure I'm not a scripter. Be well!" and take the .001 seconds it takes to hit the key when someone says "hi". I doubt you'd be accused of scripting and the rest of us wouldn't be bugging an innocent miner who doesn't have time to socialize. Be well,

-P.E.
legally scripting? uh... hed be scripting without a third party app how?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You have yet to make one post regarding the topic.
Hmmm...
Reread a little more slowly:
Also, if you are attended (that's you're) then you wont get your (possessive pronoun) recall spot blocked. It's really quite simple.
You're (again that's you are) ranting about being "accused" of scripting yet you don't bother to even try to fix it yourself.
Perhaps instead of getting all bent because people think you are cheating you will man-up and prove you aren't by... ummm any number of things such as, saying hello to another person in a freakin' MMORPG. Then you wouldn't have all the stressful troubles of being "unjustly accused" of the "crimes" you do not commit. "If the glove doesn't fit" right?

R

Ryix

See thing is, it really is "you're" and not "your"

ok lets break it down

If im attended (which i have stated i am) i wont get my recalled spot blocked ... because? ....

I dont have to try to fix people assumption im a scripter, and i report people i believe to be scripting i merely follow the correct procedures

I cant man up and fix that people think i am cheating, which is what my post is about THE ASSUMPTION, i can fix their thinking and let them know im not but i cant change something they imply by checking im there.

And as for being an anti-social miner, i like to mine in peace and i dont wish to be side tracked while mining. Also, its funny how no one tries to talk to me or even replies when im standing around trying to socialize.

So yes i did understand your post and it may have been relevant in your mind, but to what i way saying it had no bearing as you clearly didnt understand what i was saying. Which was down to my mixing Your and you're up i suppose. sorry for confusing you.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he deserved it for being a lazy, greedy scripter. a good scripter never gets noticed, let alone caught.

R

Ryix

he deserved it for being a lazy, greedy scripter. a good scripter never gets noticed, let alone caught.
I imagine a poor scripter that realises hes noticed never gets caught either. which is pretty much my point in a less ranty form.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok lets break it down

If im attended (which i have stated i am) i wont get my recalled spot blocked ... because? ....
Because you can simply correct any misunderstanding with a "greetings uo citizen" macro.
I don't have to try to fix people assumption im a scripter, and i report people i believe to be scripting i merely follow the correct procedures
Here is where your main problem lies. It's okay for you to "assume" other people are scripting but should anyone see you making the same motions it's just an OUTRAGE!
I cant man up and fix that people think i am cheating, which is what my post is about THE ASSUMPTION,
Again, you can. You chose not to. You would rather cry about the assumption.
i can fix their thinking and let them know im not but i cant change something they imply by checking im there.
This part of your run-on sentence basically says that you'd like it if no one thought that anyone else scripts. Yet above you assume the very same thing about other people.
And as for being an anti-social miner, i like to mine in peace and i dont wish to be side tracked while mining.
Very easily distracted from hitting your mine macro are you?
Also, its funny how no one tries to talk to me or even replies when im standing around trying to socialize.
Since you brought it up maybe you should work on those social skills.

So yes i did understand your post and it may have been relevant in your mind, but to what i way saying it had no bearing as you clearly didnt understand what i was saying.
There's no question that I understood every word. Your comprehension of what I am saying on the other hand is greatly lacking.
Which was down to my mixing Your and you're up i suppose. sorry for confusing you.
lol...

R

Ryix

Because you can simply correct any misunderstanding with a "greetings uo citizen" macro.
Here is where your main problem lies. It's okay for you to "assume" other people are scripting but should anyone see you making the same motions it's just an OUTRAGE!

Again, you can. You chose not to. You would rather cry about the assumption.
This part of your run-on sentence basically says that you'd like it if no one thought that anyone else scripts. Yet above you assume the very same thing about other people.
Very easily distracted from hitting your mine macro are you?
Since you brought it up maybe you should work on those social skills.

There's no question that I understood every word. Your comprehension of what I am saying on the other hand is greatly lacking.

lol...
Ok ill keep it short and simple.

My point is that i dislike being accused of being a scripter and everyone needs to stop having this be their first instinct when they see someone recall mine.

I could point by point reply to everything you said (AGIAN..) but you clearly are not in the mood to listen to rationality and would rather resort to childish name calling.

Tell you're (that ones just for you) buddy he owes me 50mil.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you find yourself in the whole "someone else thinks I'm a scripter" scenario what is the best thing to do? Allow them to continue thinking you are a scripter or simply start a conversation with them? Well worst case is you make a new friend.

This whole thread is a distraction from the real issue with scripting. No good scripter ever gets caught by another player. Only a GM or a developer using their power over the game can catch real scripters if they put time into it.

That's not to say your suspicion and reporting of small time neophyte scripters isn't helpful and that it doesn't make the game better. It does make the game better, but realize it is small potatoes.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOOOOO I found it, located under harassment policy

The following are NOT considered physical harassment:

* Res killing
* Stealing or kill stealing
* Legal player killing, such as takes place in guild and faction wars
* Refusal to take turns at spawn points
* Refusal to resurrect another player
* Blocking a recall location
* Area Peacing

You should read the TOS abit better before you accuse me of breaking it.

Funny, I enlarged my home thus blocking my neighbors recall spot thus I am technically blocking his recall location. AND if you read it is NOT considered physical harassment to block anyone's recall location

Status
Not open for further replies.