• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yep, those npc vendors doing fine since the change.

E

eolsunder1

Well since the supply/demand went out of npc vendors, i'm glad to look about and see them selling arrows and bolts for 64 gold each LOL.

MM thought we were suppose to resort to the old method, where they "reset" after a certain time.

64 gold each crossbow bolts.. I don't see any "resetting" going on.

F

Fayled Dhreams

hmmmmm .... so ....maybe theres a market for cheap arrows ?
whats your shard?

K

Kurgan

I would pop an arrow in you. But it would cost me to much.....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, if they were going to impose a buying floor then a selling ceiling is needed as well. IE - No vendor goes over 25gp per arrow/bolt max.

Doom is a joke now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Check out the Luna Smiths' ingot prices - it's forcing people to actually have to work up mining to train Blacksmith & tinker, instead of using the old method of crafting plate ingots, selling, and buying more.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
64gp per. Cheap.

It's 80gp+ at some spots on Atlantic. I haven't been in Doom for a while, so I can't even imagine what the prices are down there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well since the supply/demand went out of npc vendors, i'm glad to look about and see them selling arrows and bolts for 64 gold each LOL.

MM thought we were suppose to resort to the old method, where they "reset" after a certain time.

64 gold each crossbow bolts.. I don't see any "resetting" going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep two charactors in Doom, ones an archer, carrying 4 bless qlivers, the other is a Mage/prov that carrys one to resupply the archer, that one I also use to carry out any arties and to bring more arrows to the archer. I quit using the night reaper and found a bow that had deamon slayer on it, so all the weapons I use in Doom are bow related and use arrows only.

I have not been in the gauntlet for a week, been fighting in Glow with a t hunter/tamer to pick the locks on the wisp's chests. So far I have done very well there and even passed three robes to guild mates that were using warriors [archers] to fight the shadowlords.

G

If you look around you will find arrows for under 10gp on the NPC vendors...just not in Luna.

I just checked and found arrows for 8gp on at least three NPC vendors in the less traveled towns.

I sell Arrows for 10gp each, bolts for 13gp and Iron Ingots for 13gp on my vendor in Luna.

Several other folks sell at about the same price point.

I buy ingots from other players for less then 13gp and resell…so you can do better if you’re willing to look around.

The bottom line...people are to lazy to walk one screen to the north of the NPC vendor in Luna and pay 10gp, so they pay 30-60gp instead.

Is this an EA problem for the Dev's to fix? How do the Dev's fix lazy people?

Eventually people will get sick of paying the high prices and find the players who are selling for more reasonable prices.

Player interaction, making the crafters and tradesmen a useful and viable player type….what a concept, and one that has been requested for years.

Doom needs to be the exception to this case and have an artificial price point set for aids and bolts / arrows.

An “official” tool like the one that lets you FIND stuff in UO, and covers more then just Luna would be a great step to support the player economy……then lazy players can find the low price bolts and arrows.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

I'm not sure yet, but I think I might like this as far as the game's economy goes. Mainly because it gives some meaning to players crafting supplies, and enhances player trade. This is badly needed in UO again. I'm just not quite sure yet if this is the way to do it, but maybe.

D

dorkuberalles

BUY YOU RESOURCES IN ILSHENAR! WANDERING GYPSY CAMPS RESPAWN DAILY! PAY NO MORE THAN 3GP AN ARROW, 5GP A BOLT, 8GP AN INGOT, 3GP A BOARD! BEST DEALS AROUND!

ilshenar is the reason the vendors are no longer profitable. one could make a cool million buying arrows and bolts from ilsh gypsy camps, and selling them in high traffic areas.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

There were places in Trammel and Fel where you could buy arrows, and many other supplies, for close to bottom price, then sell at high priced vendors.

I think a better way to handle this, since this takes out the trade for profit idea, would be to run a search every down time, and simulate NPC trade by bringing out of line prices closer to the average. That would still allow for players to make money in trade, but remove the wild profits some of us were making due to the ability to move massive weights and numbers so easily.

E

eolsunder1

Well I was one of the people who traded goods between vendors, and let me tell you, it wasn't a long term profitable experience. They closed down the supply/demand trading due to a bug/glitch, not due to the normal supply/demand.

Yes, you could make good gold trading between towns, but this was offset in that you could only do it ONE time. This wasn't something you could do all day between vendors. Once you averaged the price down some, the vendor price adjusted automatically so after a quick time it wasnt profitable. So, if one vendor sold bolts for 10 gold and you found one that bought them for 20 gold, after about 10 trades the prices were averaging out so you weren't making much gold.

The only way you made good gold this way was if you found a vendor that was for some reason extremely low, or extrememly high (due to players in that area buying). This didn't happen alot, but every so often. Like I said, having did this type of trading on my craftsman for a long time, you hit "spurts" where you could find a vendor somewhere and make some gold from him. Otherwise, the vendor prices didn't change unless someone happened to really need something and bought alot.

This wasn't a cash cow. It was a quick gold burst. You played the game normally, and once in a while recalled around to all the vendors checking prices to see if anything had been adjusted. You didn't waste your time when prices were close, because you could hunt and make gold alot faster. Bolts at one guy 8 gold, bolts at another guy 13 gold.. mmm not worth doing that much. Now, find a guy buying bolts for 22, and a quick hundred k in the bank with some cross trading.

So who made gold faster, some blackrock ijiot who runs to a shadowlord, gets a cloak, and sells it for a mil? Or my craftsman who takes the time to mark books between vendors, recalling about, cross trading, and after a few hours has 500k. You tell me.

It was stupid to elimitate the old method due to a bug. What you do is fix the bug so we can continue with the supply/demand method which WORKED. It allowed us to hunt for leather and actually sell it. Or gather up arrows/feathers/wood and sell that to npc fletchers instead of saving up and having 50k in the bank. Guess what, scripters cut so much wood they sold it for 2 gold on their vendors. Guess who i can sell wood to that I cut.. NO ONE. Either use it, or maybe get ok gold from a npc. Can't do that anymore, so it piles up.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I see the price of 1 iron ingot grow to 56gp, I remember the good old days when they never went over 9gp each.

G

For a long long time now I've always collected my bolts and arrows from centaurs and meer captains. Collect gold while doing so, and you actually make a profit while getting ammo rather than paying through the nose (of course with the BoS change this isn't quite as lucrative anymore...).

Nix in Doom is making an exceptionally good profit out of all this, at least on Europa. Last I checked the bandages cost 126gp a piece.