• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yeah, time's up.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were promised some sort of epic world-chaning event, and instead we've gotten month after month of farming useless crap in abandoned cities like Cove, and turning it in for different useless crap. I've barely been logging in lately.

This game feels derelict. The dev team is wasting it's time on who knows what, there's no RP anywhere, 90% of cities have no one in them, the crowds in Brit and Luna get smaller every day, and instead of content we get widget-collecting crap. Everytime there is any sort of event, they never clean up the items. Wanted posters and ophidian notes lay around for years after they quit being relevant.

There's no sane way to roll up a new character without scripting. The economy is so ruined that picking gold up off monsters is nearly pointless. Resource scripters run totally and completely rampant with no serious hope of ever even being slowed down.

I quit. My stuff has decayed on the ground where I dropped my house, so no, you can't have it.

S

Sunrise

See ya.

Sorry you feel this way. I can understand in alot of ways. On the other token. Shrugs na..Not going to :bdh:

hate to see anyone go. But then again we all pay to play. If you don't like something move on to something you do I say.

G

galefan2004

If you expect the development team to CREATE the game play for you then you will be a much bigger fan or WoW then UO. This game has fun and life left it in, but that fun and life comes in the form of the people you surround yourself with. As long as my friends and my guild still plays I will be in UO. I have had more fun playing this game since I came back (about a month or two ago) then I have had since my first 2 years (2000-2002) of playing.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had enough of the stupid, idiotic, random, brainless, coroupt, lazy, helpless, passionatless f'd up way this game is being run 2 years ago.... so i left and went to play wow for 18 months and it was the most fun, interactive, friendly (if you find the right guild) exciting game iv ever played, till completing end game at lvl 70!!!!! and guess what im back:) this game has no end game... it has soooo much contence no other game offers you can never get bored:)

G

galefan2004

I had enough of the stupid, idiotic, random, brainless, coroupt, lazy, helpless, passionatless f'd up way this game is being run 2 years ago.... so i left and went to play wow for 18 months and it was the most fun, interactive, friendly (if you find the right guild) exciting game iv ever played, till completing end game at lvl 70!!!!! and guess what im back:) this game has no end game... it has soooo much contence no other game offers you can never get bored:)
Lol. I loved WoW for about that much time also. Then I started thinking that the game was just boring. It had no variety. All you ever did was run the same ole dungeons with pugs when you weren't raiding, and the only way to break that monotony up was to go to the battlegrounds. Add that to the community that is all racing to get through content faster than everyone else to brag about it and point out how much everyone that isn't that far yet sucks, and you have the reason I won't be leaving UO again for another game till they shut down the servers.

J

Joyous2K

Everything you said is true. "Now who's coming with me?"

I'm stuck man.

They should lower the price though for this game because it is pretty old and crummy.

Good for you though. Maybe you will find something to do.

K

Kith Kanan

the game is what you make it , i have yet to spend more than an hour all in all on the so called epic event , my idea of fun does not incl farming the same shid over and over so I dont ......

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

I took a break from UO a year ago (didnt close accounts) and played wow .. seriously what a mistake that was,, the people on TWO differnt servers were complete A holes.. that needs there mommies to put them to bed every night...

I still play UO till they pull the plug and i'll cry for awhile i guess...

I currently play Age of Conan with my hubby and still play UO at nights...

Stop complaining about how bored you are and just go play something else or read a book...
And yes UO gets frustrating and redundent like NOT GETTING STATUETTE ENGRAVEING TOOLS on Oceania!!!:coco:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"But you're supposed to make your own fun in UO!!!"

If I'm making my own fun, I can do that for free.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:hahaha:but didn't your mother tell you about going blind doing that?:hahaha:

L

Lord Kynd

Don't let the door hit ya...la
why bother posting about it?
if your quitting , quit.

what you percieve as problems are problems that you ahve with the game.

i don't have any of the mentioned problems...
other than them box's are to hard to get from the strangers so i gave up on that part of the event.

now is actually a great time to play UO, back ohh let's go back 8 years shall we ?? .. the price of everything seemed near impossiable to get. working skills was way way way harder and took alot more time to even GM , oh and no about gm either back then, no jewlry trick's, no bashing gholms for skill gain..
we sparred with each other or hunted for gains.

now things are alot cheeper (can't just be blammed(hmm thanked) on scripting, alot of people have been hording stuff and collecting for along time), alot easier to obtain, skill gain's are far far more faster and easier.
there is ALOT more new content too.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to mmogchart this game is down to fewer than 100k subscribers for the first time since 1998. And while mmogchart isn't perfect, it's UO numbers are taken from EA shareholder documents. So yeah, LOL it up as everyone quits. You'll get the castle just as they unplug the game.