• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Yaargh! Hirin' Scurvy Dogs Fer Borin' Work!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then mateys, there remains but one place left fer me ta fish, an' me wall o'fish will be complete! But it's a harsh place indeed, tis deep in the Prism O'Light! Too hard for simple fisherman like me, so I need a bucket o'chums to come with me and hold off the Hydra whilst I cast for the rare Crystal Fish and the Legendary Lantern Fish!

Aye, I'm lookin' fer a crew o'rogues to come and spend what could be many, many hours hiding me from the Hydra; I'm told tall tales of one fisherwoman, a Mannan by name who says she caught the Crystal on the second cast, but I don't be believin' that... some o'the Legendary have taken up to 16 hours fer me to catch. It'll be borin' and repetitive, but if someone want's ter name their time and price to come and work the small lake in the Prism fer me, post here and we'll see if we can repeat the fishy feat!

Last edited:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheeky bugger. I did too catch the crystal second cast. It was when HS was in beta and we were hunting for all the fish locations for the guide! It might interest you to know that my fishing in Prism is what coined the phrase 'stunt fishing'!

I told you how to do it; get someone on a samp to come and stand where the demons are and get the hydras etc targeted on them through the wall. A samp will easy take the demon spawn (and can gather crystal for Medusa Lenses at the same time) and then you can sneak through to try for the game fish. It REALLY helps if you have a fisher with stealth and hiding. Herding is also a useful skill.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't doubt you did... but unless the odds are extremely low compared to the other Legendary, I wanted to warn people in advance I may need cover for quite some time... it's been around 10 hours on average to grab most of the others, and the Seeker Fish was 16 or so as mentioned! The Dread Lobster was equally resistant too, so I think the crustaceans have similar odds unfortunately, although they aren't in quite such impossible places to get too, so I should have them by the end of next week...

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could maybe arrange for a legendary bard to accompany you down there - Leona usually has no trouble keeping the hydras and serpents occupied with each other when she's collecting keys. Still need to get that crystalline ring and I have plenty of free time over the next few days, so could probably give you an hour or two of cover at no charge

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huzzah! Do you know roughly when she's on? I can arrange to be online then and shout out in General chat...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thanks to Jonathen for coming and covering me for long enough to get the basics of handling the spawn solo down; without him it would have been much more fatal! I've written up the Prism Of Light fishing over in said forum now, so hopefully there's a guide to all the really hard ones... except Terathan Keep, which I need to go back too to chase the Legendary Crab there, so I'm saving the write up for that until however long it takes me to get the Lantern Fish. You know, the Legendary one, not the ones you can catch in 2 hours, at least not if you're me... I've been here 10 so far already with no nibbles! I do however have 188lb Crystal and a thousand steaks :p