• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Y.A.T.H! (Yet Another Treasure Hunt!)

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday 16th June 2017

Start : 10 pm BST / 5 pm EST

End : 2 pm BST / 9 pm EST

Last month, we dug. Oh, how we dug. We didn’t quite manage to dig all the way to Oceania, but we gave it a good old fashioned Siege try!

This month, since your bleary-eyed EM has recovered from the last night-long dig, we’re going to try again!

The arrangement will be the same as last month. For those who weren’t able to make it, here’s how it goes:

• We will meet at the EM Hall.
  • The Royal Archaeologist’s Assistant will select a map at random, and teleport to its location.
  • A gate will then be sent back to the EM Hall to bring any interested players to that location.
  • A gate will be available to get back to the EM Hall.
  • There will be a hub at the EM Hall to get to any governor run town, in case you want to donate money to help with the various overpriced trade deals.
  • The Royal Archaeologist’s Assistant will dig up the chest.
  • The spawn is yours to do with as you will. Tame them, kill them, run away screaming, take them out for dinner and a movie – your choice! Several people got some nice frost dragons from this last time, and one or two dragon wolves were spotted. If a drake is more your speed, there were plenty of those as well.
  • A backpack will be placed on the ground for anyone to access, and all loot will be moved from the chest to the backpack item by item, so first come, first served.
  • If you are training imbuing, or looking for some good items to enhance, it would be a good idea to bring a pack llama or a beetle with you! So it’s an event for crafters, too!
  • Some of the maps will be for Ilshenar. We didn’t have any paragon spawn show up last time, but you never know what will happen!

What else you need to know:

• Moongates to the event location will be available from the usual places. Details are here.
  • Town Criers will announce the event.
  • Reminders will appear in General Chat approximately one hour before the event.
  • The event will take place outside of a guard zone.

We will not be doing a treasure hunt EVERY month – unless there’s massive demand – , but I will try to have some form of event later into the night as regularly as possible, time and energy permitting!

Special thanks go to Mesanna for providing the level 7 maps!

Continue reading...

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If folks happen to have Skeleton Keys laying around serving no other purpose, I'd like to suggest they be donated to the EM event :) Even a lowly plain treasure chest can offer such a key, and NOOB has recently been given quite a few t-maps. If anyone would like a few for this cause, please let me know.

At least some of the level 7 T-Maps are donated by Mesanna, and it seems like a nice idea to waste as little of it as possible if we'd like to see more of the same. Which I do :p

Hope to see buncha folks there this time around, even tho the odds of it being raided seem to be taking a sharp rise lol.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not a reporter, but I do like taking pictures and talking about events, so that's what I'm gonna do!

A decent turn out for this one, with people joining and leaving as the night progressed. Thank you to those who donated the skeleton keys; there was less escaping gas than there would have been otherwise :p There were 11(?) T-Maps in all, with at least 2 frost dragons tamed, and I think at least one dragon wolf. Probably more, but I lose track of such things. All of the left over, unclaimed loot was dragged back to the EM house and offered to the shard at large to pick through. What remained was unraveled and the relic frags given to a NOOB for his 120 PS quest. Waste not, want not!

I know of at least a couple cities that benefited from donations. The roof of the EM House now boasts two sets of teletiles this time, one for the city resources delivery box, and the other to the NPC that accepts gold donations. They'll be there for a week or so, to make running trade deals easier.

Thank you to everyone who came, and to EM Kincaid for the grueling 4 hour long hunt. And of course, thanks goes to Mesanna for the lvl 7 t-maps and their shiny frosty dragons.

tmapcrop1.jpg

crop3.jpg