• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

XFire and Nihilum to Stream Live Sunwell Plateau Raid

E

Eldorian

Is this a world first into this kind of media? I don't remember ever seeing anything like this before. One of World of Warcraft's most prominent guild, Nihilum, is teaming up with XFire to stream a live Sunwell Plateau raid.
The event is to take place on April 30, 2008 at 19:00 CEST and you'll be able to watch a live stream from the perspective of four different raiders (you can only pick one to follow).
XFire only caps at around 1,000 viewers so it might be wise to get there early if you want a seat. While viewing the live stream you'll also be able to chat with other viewers during the raid.
This sounds like an excellent event if you're into this type of thing. I for one will probably end up waiting for the inevitable video getting posted afterwards. I am however really excited about seeing more social type networking like this in the future with various MMOs.
If you want to read the full details of the event click here.
digg_url = 'http://digg.com/pc_games/World_of_Warcraft_Guild_Nihilum_to_Stream_Live_Raid';

More...