• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH is Wrong with Vendor Search?????

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sitting in the house my character owns and was searching vendor. All of a sudden vendor search closes. When I try to reopen its greyed out and I get the message : Before using vendor search, you must be in a justice region or a safe log-out location (such as an inn or a house that has you on its Owner, Co-owner or Friends list.)

Also I'll find an item for sale and when I try to get a map the is no longer for sale, yet it comes up in vendor search.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sitting in the house my character owns and was searching vendor. All of a sudden vendor search closes. When I try to reopen its greyed out and I get the message : Before using vendor search, you must be in a justice region or a safe log-out location (such as an inn or a house that has you on its Owner, Co-owner or Friends list.)

Also I'll find an item for sale and when I try to get a map the is no longer for sale, yet it comes up in vendor search.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!
Yes, I got that very thing yesterday. It appears that Vendor Search goes down and either updates its listings or reboots itself periodically. It'll come back up :) Well...it did for me....hope it does for you.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's resetting. Happens to me, the part that pisses me off is clicking for a map then waiting till I get the message "no loonger for sale"

If it has the ability to know that, why the heck doesn't it quit showing it in the list?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Love/Hate position with vendor search. Yeah it's slow and glitchy but still way better than what we had before.
I love it when I'm price checking Items I have on a vendor and it lists everyone else's items but mine.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's always happened since they first put it in. Do something else for awhile and it'll come back soon.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This could be one of those salt-over-your-shoulder things, but I think being in a "combat state" might disable Vendor Search (which may last for a couple minutes after combat). There's long been a big mongbat problem where my little house is, and Vendor Search always goes out for a bit if I open the door to whack some groupies.