• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH is wrong with the "GM's" ??

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay ... I am still rather irritated, so this might sound like a rant, but it is really about incompetence. I had placed some curtains and they went to the outside of the wall (keep) instead of the inside. They were unreachable for me to ax them. No biggie, I will page to have them re-deeded, right?

Three hours later ... to start with, the "GM" show's as a ghost with a plain name - no official tag (I have a screenie, but no way to show that without showing the "GM" name). I think this is preposterous, but I HAVE had it happen before so I knew it was the "GM" (btw, when it happened before the dolt got me killed because I though it was a real player wanting a rez).

Next ... well, next the "GM" removes each panel and places them in my pack!! Thus making me weigh a zillion stones (okay, it was more like 5000 stones) and they are not movable. I nicely explain that this won't work ... so s/he places them on the ground. But the "GM" has broken the curtains, and not only are they now 4 panels all fluffed up, when I axe them they are destroyed. Gone. Ya. That was helpful :(

The "GM's" response to this? Sorry. So ... I guess GM's can come and destroy your stuff, but they can't give it back and all they can do is say "sorry". S/he asked me if I needed any other assistance ... HELL NO! I don't want that kind of help! Probably would have deleted my house if I needed anything else :(

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, that is messed up. Can you try and report the incident or something. You deserve to get the item back.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do plan to report it. It doesnt help that I actually have no tokens left ... and with turn ins, they are impossible to find at a decent price.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do plan to report it. It doesnt help that I actually have no tokens left ... and with turn ins, they are impossible to find at a decent price.

I have four I can give you. Just let me know who your character is and where you will be at.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt complain you will have some "rares" if you hold on to em

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't "hold on to" them. I tried removing them from my pack - they were immobile (see the "You cannot move that" at the top of the journal? tried to put them into the container to the left). I also cannot remove them from the middle of the stairs where they were placed beyond chopping (thus destroying) them. I DO now have 2 curtain panels in the middle of the stairs ... it looks tacky.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't "hold on to" them. I tried removing them from my pack - they were immobile (see the "You cannot move that" at the top of the journal? tried to put them into the container to the left). I also cannot remove them from the middle of the stairs where they were placed beyond chopping (thus destroying) them. I DO now have 2 curtain panels in the middle of the stairs ... it looks tacky.

I have at least 2 tokens on napa that are completely usless to me as I live on LA and yo can ave them free of charge if you want them.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to those offering tokens. I will probably take one of you up on it. It is just the point that EA should be replacing the token, as it was a GM that caused the destruction of the item.

A

AesSedai

Given UO some feedback or a GM review?

I still have all of my tokens on Napa and could drop one on ya'.
Still trying to decide if I should turn them into spring cleaning points.

Unfortunately my accounts are closed at the moment.
(Due to my credit card being cancelled because of some cheater making fraudulent charges on it. They issued me a new one and have given me a few grand back so far, but I just haven't re-upped any UO accounts yet; pogo/ea was 997 out of 1000 of my only purchases, ever, on that card with the other ~3 being from brick-and-mortar biz's that have been around for decades... For now I like to think it was the credit card company that allowed my card to be compromised; but some girl in California has a lot of stolen cosmetics, handbags, and paypal purchases, atm).

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is Mesanna the GM Lead?
Email her with that picture. You have the rare opportunity of showing in detail a vital training area for present and future GMs. If it were me I'd have that same GM come back to you with nicely deeded curtains and hat in hand with an apology. To destroy your items and not do anything to replace them is beyond wrong.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I sent a GM Feedback, as well as a copy to Jeremy asking it be forwarded to the appropriate person. I will check the form-mail again to see if there is yet another thing I need to fill out and send. I don't think Messanna is the lead GM anymore - she is now a developer - but it couldn't hurt to send it to her, either, I imagine.

I think I am mostly irritated at the fact that this "GM" made it completely obvious that they had no idea about the game mechanics behind this item. If you don't know the game, then don't try to offer "support". Leave it to someone who knows what a "deed" is ....

A

AesSedai

- I hear ya' there.
The only thing I can think of is that curtains need to be dealt with quite differently than other static player-placed objects (it is afterall obviously a relatively new multi-tile object). By my thinking, said GM was probably red-in-the-face once the mistake was made; and had no idea how to try to reconcile it, other than rely on the s.o.procedure the GM was likely aware of: that they cannot replace items for players. Big oopsie yeah, losing a player's item.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ailish,

That's so typical of GM's now. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.... and like the others I am sure to have some tokens on Napa your welcome to... as I play on GL's. PM me if you want/need them.

B

BartofCats

LOL nothing like a Bull (GM) in a china Shoppe to fix things up.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta love our competent GM staff, one of a kind! Be like going to the Doc's for a sliver in your toe & coming out without the toe :talktothehand:.