• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH. can't craft Rune carving knife with runics.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are there some ML crafted artifacts that can be made better by using runic hammers but there are some recipes that you cannot?

That makes no sense.

I was testing on TEST making the Rune Carving Knife with slayer properties..

That really sucks. That recipe has all my favorite properties for a slayer. Just needs the slayer mod.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nevermind

I get it now. Craftable artifacts can't be enhanced with runic hammers. The special recipes that only add a single specific property can.

Still sucks though.

Now that I think about it longer, it really sucks.

The scrappers is an artifact yet it gets added mods without even using a runic tool.

Just another fine example of UO's borked crafting system.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be lucky, that those 'normal' heartwood reciepes can be runic crafted and that smiths can get the exceptional damage bonus on them. (Unlike bowyers who can get di only via runics onto their recipe-weapons.)

D

dum3886

lol what do u expect tho a weapon wiht 9-10 properties?... dun think thats just a touch over powered?
a SC HCI DCI HLD + all the normal rune carving properties.. imagine that

might as well give us a helmet with 100 lrc

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, well, just a counterpoint, I saw a Scrappers yesterday with an amazing (3) additional mods on it. Must have been one of the most valuable Scrappers I've ever seen.

It had +12 Eval, +12 Magery and MR1, on top of the (4) pre-destined mods.

That's (7) mods on a book. No runic type tool was even needed.

L

Lilac Crypt

True, they do exist. But it takes either an amazing amount of luck to create one, or a whole heap of ingredients that I dun even want to know how they accumulated.

Crazy, scary rare.

Though.. yeah. No more rare than a valorite hammer. *sigh*