• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Armor WTB Sampire Suit - Entry Level to Mid-tier - Atlantic

thekojac

Visitor
Starting a new sampire and looking for a suit to get started with. I have a decent amount of gold from a friend who quit.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
for a point of reference, something like this outcome for a sampire is doable for 200-300million in supplies

so factor 200-300mill for the supplies and then some hours of actual planning, crafting and finding the pieces

400-500mill is a reasonable price range. if you find someone willing to do it for less than that for similar outcome i think that is a good deal

1684418709094.png

thekojac

Visitor
for a point of reference, something like this outcome for a sampire is doable for 200-300million in supplies

so factor 200-300mill for the supplies and then some hours of actual planning, crafting and finding the pieces

400-500mill is a reasonable price range. if you find someone willing to do it for less than that for similar outcome i think that is a good deal

View attachment 143637
I did some searching on here and someone on Atlantic was selling basic sampire suite for around 80-100mil about a year ago. But maybe that was an exception.

Anyway, I inherited a little shy of 500mil. Not sure I'd want to spend it all on gear just yet. So maybe a samprie shouldn't be my choice atm if it's gonna be that expensive.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In today's UO, there are so many cheap legendary pieces out there with Stam/Mana/Str, that you can piece together something respectable for 100m-200m just by looking through Vendor Search. And while there are some artifacts that are more expensive, there are others you can get for a relatively good bargain to fill in your other gear slots. The overall result won't be end game content worthy, but you will be able to fight and stay alive and get on your feet. Sampires are a powerful build, so even with a lower end suit, you're still going to be able to engage in plenty of content successfully.

Also, check out the UO Warrior forum for more sampire information. You can find that here:
UO Warrior | Stratics Community Forums

Good luck! :)

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Merlin is right. if you dont go for the max and know how to shop it can be done for 100m range.

takes some saavy with knowing what is good value, but it is doable. i was just giving you the price of a nearly maxed out suit that someone would be paid to make for you

even after the suit, you'll need a proper set of slayer weapons. there is a recent post for a crafter and i think his sets are reasonably priced

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
i'll get you started if you want to try to do the self shopping and piecing together:

this is a route that uses the best value artifacts. can get you to end game state without breaking the bank. things like balron armor, enchantress cameo or feudal grips can be 200+mill for the single piece.

the below combination gets you there without any piece being super expensive

head: blackthrorn helm
waist: ozy obi
feet: boggling hide boots
talisman: soldier medal or duelist edge
cloak: serpent skin quiver
sash: corgul sash
robe: most knowledge person

chest, neck, arms, gloves, legs: (the ideal is to have non-medable gear so you get LMC or stam protection bonuses. medable gear is cheaper but you lose some benefit and cannot apply refinements to those)
four pieces that are: 4 dex, 4 int, 8 stam, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost
one piece: 5 str, 4 int, 5 hp increase, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost

ring and bracelet:
each must have 20 HCI and 35% damage increase
15% dci on one of the two
+10% ssi combine

use vesper town bonus to get an additional 5% ssi and that makes 20% ssi

you want 180+ stam and 20% ssi. that will get you max swing speed with a double axe

the weapon sets are double axes and bladed staff. bladed staff for singe target boss staff. double axe for AOE or stuff with lower resits

follow this recipe and you will get to the output in my earlier screenshot. this would be a 90/100 level suit that you can solo champ spawns with and do harder bosses solo. (doom, peerless bosses ect..)