• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling/Paralyze/Dodging

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok we all know that wrestling takes a weapon skill that allows you to dodge attacks to allow your spells to be casted. We also know that DCI adds to this defense chance but what about when trying to para blow or disarm? We need HCI for this right or we'll miss a LOT against people with DCI?

Say we do get a para blow off. It's breakable on damage right? If all this is the case, then isn't wrestling overrated? What about the page listed below? Any comments? :scholar:

http://www.uotreasurehunters.com/Skills/wrestling.php

S

Sir Kenga

Yes you need HCI to hit specials relyably. Otherwise u will miss many times in a row against 45 DCI. Add 120 parrying and your hit rate will be extremly low.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus, bare hands swing pretty slow. 2.5 speed (like a katana). A dagger is fast 2.0. So mages usually have very low dex and almost no way for swing speed increase while holding their book and shield.
But it can be a useful skill.

G

GFY

The big special for mages as far as wrestling goes is disarm.

With disarm you can cause dexxers to drop their weapons into their packs. Since it isn't a to hit special HCI really doesn't apply. My mage has 10 dex and no hci and I have almost no problem disarming dexxers. The only problem I've had is when my stamina drops. I carry some refresh pots and as soon as I drink a refresh the dexxer I'm fighting drops his weapon! :owned:

Now if you get a paralyze off you can step back and cast a explosion/flame strike combo on your opponent without him moving, or casting a spell! :flame: