• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling + DCI

ofatlantic07

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, everyone is giving me mixed answers here. Can someone who actually knows please respond to this.

Does DCI work with wrestling (either not holding anything, or holding a spellbook)?

Some tell me of course, others say DCI will only work if you're holding a weapon.

Someone who either plays a wrestle mage or knows what's what please respond.

Thank you!

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DCI works with wrestling both with or without a spellbook.

ofatlantic07

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply, Alezi.

Are you absolutely positive about it? Reason I ask is because I play two mages: A tank mage and a wrestle scribe mage. They have the same suit (70 DCI), just one guy uses a spellbook and has 120 wrestling while the other uses a war fork with 120 fencing. In a set of MANY duels between dexxers, I got hit a ton (almost every hit) on my wrestle mage...while on my tank mage I barely got hit at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's really annoying because I'd rather play my wrestle mage, but not if I'm going to get thrashed by dexxers.

H

Hell Raiser

DCI does not give a whole lot to a wrestle mage for the simple fact that wrestling's base damage is in the low single digits. DCI is for weapons as the higher the base damage then the more actual damage will be added, not to mention DI. I use a wrestle mage and find that @ 120wrestling I seldom miss when using disarm.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DCI does not give a whole lot to a wrestle mage for the simple fact that wrestling's base damage is in the low single digits. DCI is for weapons as the higher the base damage then the more actual damage will be added, not to mention DI. I use a wrestle mage and find that @ 120wrestling I seldom miss when using disarm.
Uh, what? DCI = Defense Chance Increase.. in short: higher DCI decreases the chance you'll be hit.

120 Fenc or Wrestling + 45 DCI vs 120 weapon skill + 45 HCI = 50-50 hit/miss chance. You don't happen to be wearing a twilight lantern on your wrestlemage?

G

Gellor

Alezi hits it on the head.

I exclusively play a wrestle mage. 45+ DCI works for wrestle with or without a spellbook in hand.

This is fact. I run around with or without a spellbook in hand and rarely get hit... well, except against certain "l33t" players *rolleyes*

Anyone who is claiming DCI only works with weapons in hand is full of it.

ofatlantic07

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to drop inscription and add parry to my template. I get hit way too much with just wrestling, and it's quite annoying. Only problem now is getting to 85 dex =( I think I have 25 atm.

Off topic from thread, but for anyone that knows..does it have to be 'dex' at 85, or can it be 'stamina' as well? I think I could imbue a bunch of gear with stamina increase, but that doesn't exactly raise my 'dex'. Anyone know, or will parry work just fine with say 40-50 dex?

Thanks.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must have dex at 80. I would suggest 90 to avoid a curse lowering you below 80.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alezi hits it on the head.

I exclusively play a wrestle mage. 45+ DCI works for wrestle with or without a spellbook in hand.

This is fact. I run around with or without a spellbook in hand and rarely get hit... well, except against certain "l33t" players *rolleyes*

Anyone who is claiming DCI only works with weapons in hand is full of it.
I'm debating if I should use a spell book or a shield...

I am using Parry , so a shield would be ideal right?

G

Gellor

A spellbook counts as NOTHING. If you want to take advantage of parry(with only parry), you need to have a shield.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must have dex at 80. I would suggest 90 to avoid a curse lowering you below 80.
Assuming you have resist, the magic number is 55 dex. faction crimmy puts you at 65, agil pot (without any ep) puts you at 85. with resist after a curse you're still above 80. this allows you to keep you str and int higher.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming you have resist, the magic number is 55 dex. faction crimmy puts you at 65, agil pot (without any ep) puts you at 85. with resist after a curse you're still above 80. this allows you to keep you str and int higher.
It's quite rare not to have EP50% or at least 25% after SA and imbuing came out.

S

Splup

With 50 EP you get 31 dex and STR from pots, so with nowdays items that 80-85 dex should not be that big of a problem.

S

Splup

I'm debating if I should use a spell book or a shield...

I am using Parry , so a shield would be ideal right?
Dunno if you are kidding here but I answer.

Parrying is 100 % useless if you have just a book and no shield or weapon.

So yes, shield is a must on a parryingmage.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno if you are kidding here but I answer.

Parrying is 100 % useless if you have just a book and no shield or weapon.

So yes, shield is a must on a parryingmage.
Yeah, I was being serious. But you never know nowadays.. Bushido Parry can work with about anything. Thanks for the answer.