• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrath of the Lich King in Alpha?

E

Eldorian

A few days ago MMO-Champion had said that Wrath of the Lich King was rumored to now be in the early stages of Alpha, now WoW Insider is claiming they have confirmed it with their supposed sources.
There's really no proof of the fact that WoW Insider has provided (especially since I'm sure if there was an alpha it would have an extremely strict NDA). So I would simply call this a very plausible rumor.
Why do I think it's plausible? Well, we're certainly closing in on the World Wide Invitational event in Paris and WoTLK is supposed to be playable at this event. That's two months away still, so there's two full months of alpha testing before they release the first bit to the public.
I also believe this falls into a nice time frame that a closed beta will start either the weekend of or very soon after (with an announcement) of the event in Paris. A lot of retailers have been guesstimating (is that even a word?) the release of the new expansion to be October or November of 2008. This kind of schedule with an alpha now and a possible beta by the 1st of July would definitely put Blizzard on track to hit that kind of release date.

More...