• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Wraith Form -- Mana Leech. Does it work properly?

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scenario: I have enough necromancy to get into Wraith Form and have GM Spirit Speak (which equates to 20% Mana Leech) --- is there any exclusions to this? It seems that I am not leeching mana when casting spells at all?

I.E -- If I use Word of Death with 40% LMC, it should cost 35 Mana to cast the spell. If it deals over 300 Damage, I should leech back all of my Mana (300 x 20% = 60)....but currently I am not. Is it a 20% chance of mana leech, or does it work similar to Vampire Form where any damage equates back to 20% life per hit?

Also, does it only work for mage and/or weapon skills? Didn't seem to be working for any damage I was doing.

Any clarification will be helpful.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Hit Life/Mana/Stamina Leech on weapons convert damage to Life/Mana/Stamina.

Vamp Form also converts damage to Life/Mana/Stamina.

Wraith Form's 'leech' effect is actually a drain, you drain mana out of the targets mana pool, as certain things don't have mana pools and as they can run out there are times when it won't leech a noticeable amount.

For example Navrey has a low mana pool and is out very quickly. With WOD as you're doing it at the end of a fight unless its something that has very strong regen (like Shimmering) it will usually be out of mana by the time you start WOD'ing.

O

omgmir

^ that has been my experience as well. Some mobs just run out of mana very quick and then there's nothing to drain anymore. Stygian Dragon for example I did 3-4 runs of yesterday an it was very noticable each time exactly when he ran out of mana because my mana went from constant to dropping fast.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

^ that has been my experience as well. Some mobs just run out of mana very quick and then there's nothing to drain anymore. Stygian Dragon for example I did 3-4 runs of yesterday an it was very noticable each time exactly when he ran out of mana because my mana went from constant to dropping fast.
The Stygian Dragon also does Mind Rot which wipes out your LMC. (Not saying it wasn't out of mana just that it does this too.)

S

Stupid Miner

Stygian has a decent mana pool as long as you're not draining every single hit (which, as a mage, you can't really avoid) and he has a good mana regen rate. And stick to spells that have a better damage/mana cost ratio.

Worth noting that the Slasher has a huge mana pool and good regen, can easily keep stealing throughout the entire fight.