• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wraith Form mana drain formula

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anybody remember the formula or where I can find it since the forums are down?
And does it work with archery?

A

Ash

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday95.html

Here is a Five On Friday that lists formula as:

For the math fans, the formula is percent leeched = ((15 * Spirit Speak)/100) + 5
As far as can tell will work with archery after all works with chiv holy light, but never tried as an archer since my archer likes to hit and run being on foot never went very well.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without spirit speak you are limited to 6% mana leech. This increases to (I believe) 16% at GM spirit speak. Check the five on fridays for specifics, one of them in the last year answered this question...however no one bothered to update the stratics site or the UO site with it. *sighs* :wall:

or also look at poster above :)

A

Ash

:thumbup:I beat someone to the punch.. :thumbup1:

Yeah the FoF says minimum of 5% with 0 spirit speak. GM is 20% and 120 Spirit Speak would be 23%.

But if char is human, than have the bonus 20, so minimum for a human in wraith form is 8%.

While it doesn't say, what I have attacked seemed to have effects on mana leeched. In that I do better spamming wither on lizardmen than i do brigands that are the test subjects outside my house (man I love experimenting on them, they just right there.)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say it's something like SS/5 = %

I might be a little off, but if I am, that forumla is close. The old stratics boards had it on it in the nerco forums.

120/5 = 24
100 /5 = 20
etc.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might get better luck draining mana on lizards than brigands because they might have different mana pools.

Wraith form actually DRAINS mana. If they have no mana, you get no mana (IE, Rotting Corpses). If they only have 10 mana left, and you are supposed to get 30 mana leech, you only get 10.