• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoWreaction about UO´s pup52..

D

Der Rock

as WoW heard about the comming pup52 trade in stuff in uo they followd
and from now on the next purple item in WoW is a shirt with a phrase on it like:
-This shirt belong to you-

alone from this shirt, they expect another 1000 000 customer.....

if success, more of those items will follow

G

Guten Abend oder Morgan

Or is it morgen. Anyway. I dont understand your post. Could you clarify? If its sarcasm because of the weakness of the trade-ins, well I get it. But Im not sure.

Just wondering.

D

Der Rock

Morgen,
but its 15.20 now, its afternoon here))

it is a sarcasm post, about the uselessness of the items,
i had expect more about the trade in,and in the trade-in wishes posts of the last weeks,the dev´s should have a clear idia what the most player expect.
sad sad sad,a shirt that noone use, a 6 pcs armor that noone use, earrings with only night sight, and boots with 2 poison, are toooooo low

G

Awesome then. It was perfect. Im sarcastic myself and you beat me. Nicely done and I agree.

G

<blockquote><hr>

a shirt that noone use, a 6 pcs armor that noone use, earrings with only night sight, and boots with 2 poison, are toooooo low

[/ QUOTE ]

These items are completely within the parameters of precedence.

Pheonix armor anyone?

Just remember, at the end of the day, there will be some items that no one bothered to get. And some people will want a full collection, cause anything less simply will not do.

So, thinking beyond this very moment, will you be a have, or a have not. Make a choice and be satisfied with it.
Christmas, of 99 I selected a clothing bless deed. Before tailoring BoDs and rewards came out I was offered over a million for it more than four times. I never sold it, I never used it. *shrugs*

D

Der Rock

--------------------------
Make a choice and be satisfied with it.
------------------------------------------------

there is no real choice to be satisfied...

why not:
reward boots +2 poison and
reward boots +2 of all resist

1 shirt/sash with a phrase
1 shirt/sash with random +5 mod or 10 lrc

earings with night sight
earings with random +5 mod and night sight

thats a choise, and WHAT do u think most(if not ALL) player would chose

G

Its not a question of choosing. There is no ordering off the menu. If you want items like that I suggest you fight and scratch and claw for recipe clothing items for the next two years.

No offense but its a wysiwyg.

G

Ghosty

I agree. The gifts are lame. I'm not even going to bother collecting the items any longer if this is what I'll get for them - the items themselves might prove more utilitarian.

And, ditch the sashes. They're a nice rare, and mine was a gift from Stuffa (may he rest in eternal pe .. what? He's not dead? Oh. ... BARTON!), so I'd rather not see it cheapened, thanks much.

Edit: Der Rock has some nice ideas for items. Simple stuff, doesn't have to be uber, just useful.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I disagree, bringing up what WoW thinks even if it was sarcastically is lame. I don't play WoW because I think it looks like a fuzzy pos. If you don't want the items then don't get them.

G

There is nothing wrong with the items...But then, WoW players aren't the best judges of quality considering their choice of game

I'm glad to see that the flood of stupid overpowered items has, at least for now, ended. If the items aren't powerful enough in the eyes of a player, they can always sell their hoarded stash to those who think otherwise.

Wenchy

E

Evil Galad

<blockquote><hr>

and from now on the next purple item in WoW is a shirt with a phrase on it like:

[/ QUOTE ]

*chuckles*

G

you know whats really going to piss you off..

it is not going to be a 1 for 1 trade in, you will have to trade 50 planeswords to get 1 crappy armor piece....... and so on.

S

superstang

<blockquote><hr>

These items are completely within the parameters of precedence.

Pheonix armor anyone?

Just remember, at the end of the day, there will be some items that no one bothered to get. And some people will want a full collection, cause anything less simply will not do.

So, thinking beyond this very moment, will you be a have, or a have not. Make a choice and be satisfied with it.
Christmas, of 99 I selected a clothing bless deed. Before tailoring BoDs and rewards came out I was offered over a million for it more than four times. I never sold it, I never used it. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

You were clearly not around when Phoenix armor was introduced.

At that time you could not insure armor, so when you died you lost it. Most people ran around in newbied leather armor pieces, and I don't even think a full set of the newbied stuff was possible as not all pieces came as new character armor. So the introduction of blessed armor, with a unique hue and name, and damage reduction (a full suit gave 54 AR I think) was huge. I think full platemail of invulnerability only gave something like 63 or 70 AR that was the max unless you considered event items.

The main reason people did not pvp in this armor was because macers would break armor at that time and all armor eventually wore out and broke (no POF then). Age of Shadows nerfed Phoenix armor to what it is now because they devs did not take the time to code a proper conversion for Phoenix armor when armor went to the new resist system. I'll admit that as a Phoenix armor owner I was a little annoyed that it was now useless other than decoration and banksitting. Comparing the new crappy suit (I'll admit we haven't seen it yet) to Phoenix armor is not apples to apples. The 'old' Phoenix armor was a home run back in the day. IMO.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

NEXT ... they'll be stealing our comma's idea ...

hehehehehehee
(someone is Bound too ...)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I don't play WoW because I think it looks like a fuzzy pos.

[/ QUOTE ]Ironic, given UO's current state.

T

Trukx

I would argue that the main reason nobody fought in it was that it did not provide much incentive to get and nobody (very few anyway) had a complete set. Ringmail for whatever reason always gave a stat (dex loss) that was on par w/ plate yet provided LESS AR. The suit did not provide a dex loss benefit or enhanced AR capability. The fact that its worth so much now is a testament to how little of it was actually obtained.

The bigger "goal" for folks in that turn-in was for the item bless deed. As you hit on, insurance/blessing didnt exist then. This was the gem of the turn-in and nobody really focused on the Phoenix Armour.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Ironic, given UO's current state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, not following ya... I don't play KR either if thats what ya mean.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet...are they going to follow UOs lead and actually allow their players to get items they need without putting up with a guild filled of people that would rather spend tiime bashing players on another games forum then actually play their game for the year or two it takes to get an item you actually need if you get unlucky with the RNG. If they do that and add housing and a crafting system anywhere close to UOs I might actually bother to go make another account in WoW to level, gear out, and then get rid of.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

The bigger "goal" for folks in that turn-in was for the item bless deed. As you hit on, insurance/blessing didnt exist then. This was the gem of the turn-in and nobody really focused on the Phoenix Armour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, those item bless deeds were not that overpowered because as the poster you made this reply to reminds us...items broke. If you used your blessed item to actually fight with it would eventually wear out and be destroyed even if it was blessed, so blessed items were temporary...of course that wasn't a huge issue because the best items in the game that were actually used for fighting in pvp or pvm sold for about 200-300k.