• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Stratics at PAX!

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently sitting at PAX in Seattle and Blizzard is currently here. Representing World of Warcraft here are community managers Eyonix and Bornakk. Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't have a huge presence here and doesn't sound like they're going to really announce anything at the event. I was told they were simply here for the first time to scope it out and see if it's something they want to really hit hard in the future.

I did get a chance to talk a bit to Eyonix about Wrath of the Lich King - here's a summary of a couple of the things we covered:

Dance Studios - They're not in the game yet and seem to still be in development on completely figuring out what they're going to do with them. They said the hard part right now has been the animations and deciding what they wanted to handle. They're not sure yet if there will be brand new dances we haven't seen yet or if races will be able to get other race dances.

Activision-Blizzard Merger - I asked whether or not Activision might push Blizzard to release things before they're really ready. Pushing more for specific release dates other than "it's ready when it's ready". Eyonix said simply no, there's no change what so ever with their game plan at Blizzard and the merger doesn't even seem visible even in the inner offices.

Talent release (Patch 3.0) - I was told the PTRs for this will be "very very soon". Death Knights will not be availble in the patch, it's an expansion specific feature (there had been some rumors).

Warhammer release - I asked that speculation was going on that this new patch was going to be released simply because of the Warhammer upcoming release and that Blizzard was scared. To be simply put, no, they're not scared nor do they even care and it's just pure coincidence that the two things are coming out somewhat similar times. Blizzard only is caring about their development because they know if hey put out a good product, people are going to play it no matter what the competition is doing.

More...