• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Stratics Announces "Emissary" - New WoW Comic

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, last week we teased you with an image and told you we would be announcing something on Monday. Guess what? It's Monday so I guess we better be announcing something.

I'm very pleased to announce a new WoW comic that we're putting out for your enjoyment. Check out "Emissary" at wowcomic.stratics.com!

So what is "Emissary" and what is it about? Well, it's more of an online graphic novel being put together by Barry T. Smith of Inktank and Angst Technology fame. But here's what it's about in the artist's own words:

And so it begins, not with a bang but with a … thing … that makes the bang … being*jammed into a wolf’s gaping maw.

What is this, you ask? Another World of Warcraft
comic? Why yes, it is. But this WoW comic stands out in that it is the
first long form comic done by someone who has left the wrap around
comfort of his four panel security blanket.

That right folks, Barry T. Smith, of the webcomics InkTank and Angst Technology,
is trying his hand at a whole new graphic storytelling venue. From
going long form to digital inking and coloring,*I’ve decided to go off
the deep end.

INTO! Dive into the deep end. Sorry.

I’m
pretty nervous about this project because it is such a departure from
my four panel safety zone. And I am immensely excited about this
project exactly because it is such a departure from my established
safety zone. I am expecting a bit of a bumpy ride a first as I learn
digital inking and using grayscales, but hopefully I have concocted a
story that will entertain and can present it in a graphical style that
will explode your eyes with pure awesomeness.

Eventually.

So, feel free to kick back with us every Monday and see what sort of webcomicers brew I’m serving up. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry…

Oh wait, I think that’s going to be me. Who knows what the hell you’ll do. Just be sure to come back each week.

Thanks for reading!

The site design is still in the early stages, so bear with us as we plan on sprucing that up a bit in the future. But be sure to check out the Emissary and tell your friends. As you can tell by the art it's going to be a fun filled ride!

More...