• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow, my ship can turn invisible!

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
P

Prince Caspian

A cool new feature, I guess! Because NO MATTER WHERE I PARK THAT PIECE OF CRAP AT THE JHELOM DOCKS....

Harbor Master: "Bring your ship in closer, I can't find it."

Hello? It's SIX FEET TO YOUR LEFT, MORON!

F

Fayled Dhreams

A cool new feature, I guess! Because NO MATTER WHERE I PARK THAT PIECE OF CRAP AT THE JHELOM DOCKS....

:scholar: Just so we're clear ...

THIS SHIP?

N

nynyve

Looks like I won't upgrade to the High Seas after all. Seems like it is more trouble than it is worth.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you alter it and equip it on a gargoyle?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like I won't upgrade to the High Seas after all. Seems like it is more trouble than it is worth.
It's actually a whole lot less buggy than people play it out to be. It's no more buggy than the game itself already is.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you trying to do with the harbour master? I've never interacted with him, only the fishmongers and the dock master at the market.

@Nynyve: I have fished enough to have gotten the scroll and trained the character to 120 fishing on 2 shards. During that time I had one broken rune problem. That's it.
I'm not sure why there are a few people who seem to be constantly plagued with bugs, but most people aren't.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

funny thing is, normally you dont have to even go to the docks, you just need to be on that citys side of the server line....are ya sure your using the char that owns that boat?, ive had this same problem a few times and that was always the problem for me!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also fish daily and have never had any problems. Except for the fern stuck to my rudder, which I've actually grown fond of.

Oh and a locked down rune once cleared itself.. No biggy for me I had another one in a runebook.

C

Conrad99

I have run into it before. I had 6 questes pending there were a couple patches in between me completed the questes (got tired of fishing for a while) and none of teh city Fish Mongers would not locate my ship even though it was right in front of them.

I had to quit the pending quests. Once I did that they Fish Mongers found my ship again.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of makes me wonder if they were at the right city dock....
One friend who started was getting fustrated till he talked to me about it, seems he was at the wrong docks for turn in. He was going back to the dock that gave him the quest not the recieving dock. Its more common a mistake then you think.

C

Conrad99

Kind of makes me wonder if they were at the right city dock....
One friend who started was getting fustrated till he talked to me about it, seems he was at the wrong docks for turn in. He was going back to the dock that gave him the quest not the recieving dock. Its more common a mistake then you think.
Can't speak for the OP but I was for sure at the correct docks on my issue.

P

Prince Caspian

There's three docks in Jhelom, and only one has a Fishmonger (not Harbormaster as I posted...oops). The other ones do not, so I am not in the wrong place.

He needs glasses. He still swears its not there. I guess the only real option at this point is to dump the crate and void the quest.

Seeing how this was the first delve back into the fishing quests for me, I think I'll skip the rest.

Also, the Navigators Map needs to be MUCH bigger. Especially when dealing with all those damn atolls and islands off Jhelom.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was the boat placed by that character?

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's three docks in Jhelom, and only one has a Fishmonger (not Harbormaster as I posted...oops). The other ones do not, so I am not in the wrong place.

He needs glasses. He still swears its not there. I guess the only real option at this point is to dump the crate and void the quest.

Seeing how this was the first delve back into the fishing quests for me, I think I'll skip the rest.

Also, the Navigators Map needs to be MUCH bigger. Especially when dealing with all those damn atolls and islands off Jhelom.
Player made maps are much bigger than the ones you purchase at the map shop. Get a guildie/friend with cartography to make you several. It would be nice if the Coast Guard would put a bouy on that shoal outside of Trinsic.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I have run into it before. I had 6 questes pending there were a couple patches in between me completed the questes (got tired of fishing for a while) and none of teh city Fish Mongers would not locate my ship even though it was right in front of them.

I had to quit the pending quests. Once I did that they Fish Mongers found my ship again.
:lol: ... :thumbsup: THAT sounds like a case of: Rotten Fish ... :gee:

and either an overly Polite Fishmonger (to mention it without laughing)
OR
a Purposefully not programmed to impolitely comment ...
so that you can work out the Easter egg on your own (without hand holding)

Start Over ...
you ain't done grinding yet you immediate gratification barnacle !!!
It IS: rinse and repeat ... NOT rinse once and all you can eat/carry ...
>repeat<

I BET: there ain't even a fishermans guild ... (double) DOH! DOH !
ShopSteward !!!!!!!! :redx: Strike! Strike! Strike ! !

:lol:

Goes to detect who ELSE might be trying to short cut the egg ... :eyes:

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-fishing-treasure-hunting/243829-cant-get-fish-monger-quests.html

^ original post

Try placing another ship in the water. If you can, then try delivering your order. Do not take another quest with the 2nd boat.
Dry dock your original boat as soon as all quests are delivered and re-launch

this happened to me , i just placed a small boat near fishmonger, completed quests BUT didnt not take another.... drydocked the small boat.

I did that for all the quests i had left, then emptied my main fishing boat, drydocked it, replaced it & it was fine........ (til it sank cus I couldnt recall to it no more so I couldnt find it pft)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Protip: Go one screen past any server line you cross if you go to turn in an order on that server by recalling. If you do this, you will lower the chances of not finding your ship.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

..and I thought you were going to say you had conducted a successful Philadelphia Experiment. :(

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but make sure the crate isn't for more than one type of fish. I had a similar problem the first time I got a crate that requested 2 types of fish, and I had only filled the first type.